Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
This looks like one version of many version of "hologram" view of the universe.

At a physics level you can sort of explain your way around problems although gravity you will need explain how and why it appears? However most hologram world theory I have seen have real problems with QM.

1.) Why does QM exist and exactly what is happening when I put something in your world into superposition.

2.) QM explicitly proves there is no local reality it is represented bells inequality (here is one version of many of the proof: http://www.science20.com/alpha_meme/disproving_local_realism-79216) ... or you can even try the crackpot randii challenge (http://www.science20.com/alpha_meme/official_quantum_randi_challenge-80168). Why do no two observers have the same realism if this is a single unified illusion?

Start with those two when you answer those we will move on to some of the harder ones.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Interesting theory, Khalid. I tend to like ideas that are not mainstream. However, as presented above, your theory does seem to be more of a statement of belief, rather than a scientific idea, supported by reason.

No one could argue with such statements as "I believe in infinite extra spatial dimensions of ‘TIME’ only"; because, obviously, you are free to believe what you choose. I suspect, though, that you will have to do a lot more than make dogmatic statements if you are to win many converts.

There never was nothing.
S
OP Offline
S
Infinity is the cause of the crisis in Physics.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infinity
Questions:
Can Infinity have concrete physical parameters?
Can infinity be the beginning of location?
============ .
Socratus

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
perhaps you should start with the basics

The shape of space
http://athome.harvard.edu/threemanifolds/watch.html

Start there and we will discuss infinity as a concept of space after.

So you are trying to turn infinity into abstraction and it simply isn't ... it's no more abstract than PI or any irrational or complex number.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: Orac

The shape of space

So you are trying to turn infinity into abstraction and
it simply isn't ... it's no more abstract than PI or
any irrational or complex number.

The problem is that the cosmological constant /
critical density of the universe doesn’t give to creat sphere.

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Whats a sphere got to do with things I have no idea why you bring that up?

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted By: socratus

The shape of space

So you are trying to turn infinity into abstraction and
it simply isn't ... it's no more abstract than PI or
any irrational or complex number.

The problem is that the cosmological constant /
critical density of the universe doesn’t give to creat sphere.

Whats a sphere got to do with things I have no idea why you bring that up?
Orac

G
gan Offline
G
Sorry for interruption. What is creat sphere? infinity will not be the start of a destination. In classical mechanics,it won't be. We imagine all the axis from ourselves(the origin is us) to where you want to go.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
So you are trying to turn infinity into abstraction and it simply isn't ... it's no more abstract than PI or any irrational or complex number.

While this is undoubtedly true of mathematical infinities, the concept of "true" infinity (physical infinity, if there is such a thing) can have nothing to do with number, rational or irrational.

There never was nothing.
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: gan
Sorry for interruption. What is creat sphere? infinity will not be the start of a destination. In classical mechanics,it won't be. We imagine all the axis from ourselves(the origin is us) to where you want to go.

Same question I was asking gan ... but I think he is just being evasive as he seems prone be, I think he is just trolling.

Last edited by Orac; 08/08/11 07:56 AM.

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: Bill S.

While this is undoubtedly true of mathematical infinities, the concept of "true" infinity (physical infinity, if there is such a thing) can have nothing to do with number, rational or irrational.

Not quite true if I was on a featureless sphere and started walking. I could walk to infinity and never reach the end.

In essence you have to be able to recognize features to be able to recognize less than infinity in space terms otherwise you would have no idea your have come full circle assuming space was a sphere or some closed shape. Now don't say but you would recognize stars and galaxies because assuming even light speed travel they will all have moved by the time you get back to the exact same place in space but it will all look different.

This is the importance of space manifolds how would you even recognize less than infinite space.

Last edited by Orac; 08/08/11 07:55 AM.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.