Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37093 01/16/11 03:47 AM
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar

Not without a lot of help, I would suggest.

But according to Luc Montagnier, a Nobel-winning respected Scientist, insists that DNA already does this.

To prove this, Montagnier sealed 2 test tubes away from the earth's magnetic field, one containing a 100 base long strand of DNA, and one containing pure water.
He proceeded to do a bunch of things that nobody understands, but essentially he put them near a copper coil and applied an electromagnetic field of 7 hertz to the two glass test-tubes.
He then ran the contents of the tubes through apolymerase chain reaction, which basically is an enzyme that copies DNA.
Incredibly, the the DNA string copied itself into the Test-tube of pure water, thru Quantum Teleportation
thats according to Luc Montagnier, who has done the experiment.
Theoretical chemist Jeff Reimers of the University of Sydney said:-"If the results are correct, these would
be the most significant experiments performed in the past 90 years, demanding re-evaluation of the whole conceptual framework of modern chemistry."

Klaus Gerwert, an expert on how water and bio-molecules interact says:- "It is hard to understand how the
information can be stored within water over a timescale longer than picoseconds."

a URL here

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/2011/01/the_nobel_disease_meets_dna_teleportatio.php

Another here

http://news.techworld.com/personal-tech/...-winner-claims/

Thoughts****
Luc Montagnier's, experiment or experiments, have not been Peer reviewed, nor even officially published.
Until they are, and his findings are able to be repeated by others, he must expect incredulity and disbelief.
Our Brains pulse with at least two frequencys, and I am sure one of them is around 7 hertz per sec:
Thats about the same freq: that Montagnier is pulsing his Copper coil with......I find that strange?

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
He proceeded to do a bunch of things that nobody understands

My first reaction was that this "bunch of things" would need to be clarified before any appraisal of this work could be undertaken, and reading the first link certainly backs up this thought.

It will be interesting to see how this develops. Thanks Mike.

There never was nothing.
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: MK, in second link
The phenomenon might be very loosely described as 'teleportation' except that the bases project or imprint themselves across space rather than simply moving from one place to another.

From what I have read about teleportation experiments, this would seem to be at least as close to teleportation as anything else that has been attempted so far; if it is genuine.

There never was nothing.
I
I
This kind of thing happens all the time in biology lab. But it isn't some magical quantum teleportation, but rather cross-contamination. DNA is everywhere - every surface in your home, car, work, the side walk, the top of Mt Everest, etc, are all covered in DNA. Avoiding DNA contamination is extremely difficult, and this contaminating DNA can easily be amplified by PCR, through non-specific primer binding. Moreover, the method used to detect this DNA (PCR) is extremely sensitive; meaning contaminating DNA could easily be amplified. Literally one DNA molecule, transferred by contaminated pipette, a piece of skin, or even aresol droplet, could produce a positive result given the assay used.

I've read the "paper" itself, and to say it is crap is a insult to poop. There is a total lack of information as to the PCR primer sequences used, the PCR conditions, etc. In fact, all we know is an undefined portion of HIV's LTR region, 487bp in length, was used as the DNA sequence. Not only do we not know what was amplified, but we don't know the amplification conditions, something which is essential to proving specificity.

Of particular concern though, is the fact that the PCR results are not shown - no DNA gels showing amplified products, no sequence traces of the amplified material. All we have is the authors word that amplification occurred.

To my eyes this paper is a non-starter. Insufficient details to know what occurred, a lack of proper controls, and a result that appears identical to the DNA contamination bio labs all over the world encounter every day.

Bryan

Last edited by ImagingGeek; 01/21/11 08:35 PM.

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: Bryan
DNA is everywhere - every surface in your home, car, work, the side walk, the top of Mt Everest, etc, are all covered in DNA. Avoiding DNA contamination is extremely difficult,

I suppose we are all familiar with the basic idea of bacterial contamination, but it sounds as though DNA contamination is a much more serious problem. I know it's moving away from the OP, but how on Earth does one guard against it?

There never was nothing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.