Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
P
P
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
Originally Posted By: preearth
Circumcision has been, and is still, practiced among many primitive tribes for religious reasons.

The earliest practitioners of circumcision were the black African tribes, where the practice was (and still is) very widespread, the Australian Aborigines, and the Egyptians. These black African tribes, and the Egyptians, are known to have practiced circumcision more than 6,000 years ago.

Many other cultures, e.g., the Aztecs, the Mayans, most American Indian tribes, the Caribs, the Malays and-Polynesians, also practiced circumcision.

Most of these cultures circumcise, when the boy becomes a man, as required by their religion.

Yes, thank you for that information regarding those peoples and their numbers who practice Circumcision.

You are welcome.

Earth formed from a collision
www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
www.preearth.net/plate.html
P
P
Apparently, circumcision once had some medical benefits for people living in dirty, filthy, primitive conditions.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer}
Well I am almost glad that ImagingGeek has posted this post in an out of date sequence. Otherwise I might not have seen it and therefore not replied to what must be the laugh of the Century..ie..his reply to my following question. I am not going to move it back to its proper date...as it is doing no harm here.
[/quote

[quote=Mike Kremer]
My Question was
"has any man that has been circumcised as a baby......ever vocally complained of being mutilated later in life? I think no,...not ever"

Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek replied

ImagingGeek wrote.
You think wrong. There are thousands of procedures preformed every year to rebuild or repair the foreskin of males - obviously they're not happy about it. Go to any atheist (former christian, etc) webboards and you find dozens angry with their parents forcing of circumcision onto them. There are even groups seeking to make male circumcision illegal in many countries - often fronted by men who are angry about being circumsized. And there are all sorts of general anti-circumcision groups; mothers against circumcision being the first one that google pulls up. They all use the term "mutilation" quite extensively...

...yep, 5 seconds on google could have helped you avoid a little embarrassment.

Mike Kremer replied-
Thousands of of procedures performed every year to replace foreskins??
What a joke. Just why would any full bloodied male of 18 or 20 years old just starting out to have his first sexual experiances, having been without a foreskin for 20 years suddenly think he should get it put back again?? Why and for what possible reason?
Knowledgable women, actually know that the man without a foreskin for 20 years is very lucky in the fact that his penis is much less sensitive, and is therefore able to indulge in the sexual act for very much longer than others. Resulting in a smile on his face as well his female partner.
So Where are the thousands, you say ImagingGeek who want their foreskin put bacK??
Put back with what, and why??

Again you also say that there are thousands of hospitals who repair or rebuild mens foreskins every year???

What a joke!! when I was in my 20's I was a medical student (Yes it was a long time ago) but I am sure it is the same today, that there are dozens, even hundreds of men who actually have their foreskin removed.
All for medical reasons...ie... their foreskin does not retract fully, or that it is too tight over an engorged penis, or that it has become swollen, infected and painful from germs incubating under a damp dirty smegma foreskin.
So who are those who want their foreskin put back 20 years later...with what and for why??

I mentioned previously that I am getting fed up writing about this subject.
I did mention in a previous post that I had an Email from a woman, Who said that she worked as a 'rest room cleaner' for a Hotel many years ago.
She used to get fed up with the uncircumcised spraying their wee wee, all over the toilet seats and floors, that she had to clean up.
Hmmm... ..I never thought about that one, although I would suggest that taking more care is the operative word.

T
TLCTugger
Unregistered
TLCTugger
Unregistered
T

My Question was "has any man that has been circumcised as a baby......ever vocally complained of being mutilated later in life? I think no,...not ever"

Hi,
You're flatly wrong. Hundreds of thousands of men are enduring a tedious process of non-surgical foreskin restoration to undo just someone of the damage due to foreskin amputation.

Just why would any full blooded male of 18 or 20 years old just starting out to have his first sexual experiances, having been without a foreskin for 20 years suddenly think he should get it put back again?? Why and for what possible reason?

Because without the protective sheath the glans and the mucosal surface adjacent to it become dried and dull like the outside of your lips, instead of smooth, moist, and supple, like the inside of your lips. The penis head IS NOT skin, it is mucosa.

Also, the slinking of the slack skin during intimacy simply FEELS REALLY good. Until you have enough slack for the skin todo this rolling during arousal you simply don't kow what the Meisner's Corpuscles (specialized pleasure receptive nerev organelles) inyou skin were meant to do for. It's really like seeing in a new color when you starting sensing this awesome feeling. Google "rolling gliding action of skin tube" and you'll probably see some video. The skin also improves feel of intercourse for a receptive partner.

A man without a foreskin for 20 years is very lucky in the fact that his penis is much less sensitive, and is therefore able to indulge in the sexual act for very much longer than others.

That's wrong. Studies prove that prematurity is not related to a measurable difference in sensitivity. It's a learned behavior. There are long-lasting lovers the world over who are intact (about 80% of all men are, most of the cut men on earth are Muslims cut for religious reasons).

You also say that there are thousands of hospitals who 'repair or rebuild' mens foreskins every year???

That was wrong. It's NON-surgical. It's done by tensioning the surviving skin.

Mike Kremer said, yes you are wrong...rebuilding?...tensioning?
Look, it is the same today, that there are dozens, even hundreds of men who actually have their foreskin removed. by Hospitals...
All for medical reasons...ie... their foreskin does not retract fully, or that it is too tight over an engorged penis, or that it has become swollen, infected and painful from germs incubating under a damp dirty smegma foreskin.

The rate of adults choosing circumcision is about 2 per 1000.

Tight foreskin is resolved by a few months of gentle stretching with Betamethasone ointment. Infections are treated with antibiotics, not amputation. The foreskin is no more an incubator for pathogens than the vagina is. BOTH REQUIRE beneficial bacteria to be healthy.

She used to get fed up with the uncircumcised spraying their wee wee, all over the toilet seats and floors, that she had to clean up.

How could she possibly know which droplets came from which penises in which state? Any male should flip the seat up and aim for the whole bowl, or better yet, sit. It's cleaner because the fluid is not released so far above the water line and there is less splatter; it has nothing to do with a fine stream. But in fact an intact guy can easily fully or partially retract and squirt like any cut guy.

NOT ONE national medical association of doctors on earth (not even Israel's) endorses routine circumcision. As such it is cosmetic surgery.

Holland's very up-to-date 2010 policy says of circumcision: "KNMG is calling upon doctors to actively and insistently inform parents who are considering the procedure of the absence of medical benefits and the danger of complications." They also say there is actually a good case to make it illegal.

P
P
I see TLCTugger only ever posted this one comment.

What does that say about TLCTugger?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M

"The World Health Organization, and UNAIDS"
Both recommend circumcision for ADULT males, living in those countrys where HIV infection is high."

A report by the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV /AIDS (UNAIDS) estimates that worldwide only 30 percent of males aged 15 and up are circumcised.

Rates vary greatly depending upon religion and nationality. Almost all Jewish and Muslim males in the world have circumcised penises, and together they account for about 70 percent of all circumcised males globally.

The United States has the highest proportion of males circumcised for non-religious reasons. A whopping 75 percent of non-Jewish, non-Muslim American men are circumcised. Compare that to Canada, where only 30% are. In the U.K. it's 20 percent; in Australia it's merely 6 percent.

The practice of circumcising baby boys for medical and cosmetic reasons has become controversial in the U.S. But recently the World Health Organization (WHO) and the UUNAIDS recommended circumcision for adult men, based upon evidence that men
with circumcised penises have a lower risk of being infected with HIV.

The CDC estimates that about 65 percent of all newborn boys get circumcised in the U.S.

By Martin Downs
Reviewed by Louise Chang
WebMD, Inc. All rights reserved

***My thoughts,
plus a message to all those who may be jealous of the longer foreplay a cleaner circumcised penis provides-
...."Dont worry, Most Penises in the World are Uncut"

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
P
I think male genital mutilation will gradually decrease over time,... especially in the U.S.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Originally Posted By: MK
…. based upon evidence that men with circumcised penises have a lower risk of being infected with HIV.

If one is mindful of the high proportion of men circumcised for religious reasons, and the ways in which HIV infection is spread, it must be quite difficult to collect reliable evidence in this area.

There never was nothing.
P
P
What happened to the other thread?

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=42889

It just disappeared.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
P
I guess no one is reading this.
So, again,.... What happened to the other thread?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
[quote=MK] …. based upon evidence that men with circumcised penises have a lower risk of being infected with HIV.

Originally Posted By: BS said

If one is mindful of the high proportion of men circumcised for religious reasons, and the ways in which HIV infection is spread, it must be quite difficult to collect reliable evidence in this area.

[Quote=Mike Kremer said]

On the contrary, given the incidence, spread, and WHOrganisation stats:
in all countrys regarding this sexual disease.
I am very sure that 'The WHO', Hospitals, and especially Doctors, have very reliable evidence and numbers....of the total of HIV Patients in most countries.
The manufacture and export of the Medical Drugs to treat these patients is
another source for numbers.

M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Yes, thank you for that information regarding those peoples and their numbers who practice Circumcision.
You are welcome.

P
P
I hear that the Germans are planning to ban male genital mutilation.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
I think male genital mutilation will gradually decrease over time,... especially in the U.S.

Or the UK?

http://www.nature.com/news/doctors-back-circumcision-1.11296

There never was nothing.
P
P
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Quote:

Or the UK?

http://www.nature.com/news/doctors-back-circumcision-1.11296

Yeah the UK too.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M

I Suggest you go back and read the First page, before you continue below
Mike Kremer wrote:- (continued from page1)
"Mass circumcision project, plans to cut HIV risk"
From New scientist issue 2713 June '09

OVER half a million men are to be offered circumcision in Swaziland and Zambia to curb the spread of HIV. It is the first time circumcision has been proposed on this scale in AIDS hotspots.
Circumcision can cut a man's risk of HIV infection by 60 per cent, and in the past African men have queued up to be circumcised. The new programme is funded to the tune of $50 million by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, enough for 650,000 procedures. Under the programme, these will only be carried out by fully trained medical professionals, which could help prevent men from being harmed.
"It's great news, and this is exactly what's needed," says Catherine Hankins, chief scientific adviser at UNAIDS. She stresses however that circumcision alone won't rule out infection with HIV, and that circumcised men should take additional precautions such as wearing condoms and limiting their numbers of sexual partners.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20...t-hiv-risk.html
Interestingly, we discussed male circumcision over two years ago, here in Scienceagogo.
When I posted the possible reasons as to why circumcision might give better protection against sexual infections.
(Its important to read the reasons, below-before continuing)

http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=22264&page=2

Then just five weeks later after the above discussion
"The World International Conference on Circumcision and AIDS-HIV", held in Australia. Came to the unanimous conclussion, that Male Circumcision did indeed provided greatly increased protection against sexual diseases, including HIV-AIDS.
In fact, two trials in America were stopped early because they showed such a high degree of efficancy that it would not have been ethical to continue to withhold circumcision from the control group!! Wow!

The above para is VERY interesting. Since one might wonder what chemical or prehaps colouring agent, they might have given the other partner?
Well it must have been something similar.....the trials would never have used REAL virus/germs.!! Would they?

The Australian Government has estimated that by 2025, HIV-AIDS will have killed 1.5 million people in Indonesia and more than 300,000 in Papua New Guinea.

The International AIDS Society Conference in Sydney has heard that male circumcision reduces the spread of the virus by 60 percent.

American Professor Robert Daly says the challenge is to change cultural and government attitudes so the procedure can be universally adopted.

Australia will provide an extra $US350 million to combat HIV/AIDS in the Asia-Pacific region.

With the federal government having already pledged $US530 milllion through its Global HIV/AIDS Initiative for the decade to 2010, Monday's announcement lifts funding to fight the pandemic to $US880 million, or one billion Australian dollars.
More than eight million people in the Asia-Pacific region are HIV-positive, with UN projections estimating the number of people living with the disease will reach 20 million by 2010 if the response is not accelerated.

***I have already posted the 'mechanical reasons' as to why I believe circumcision works, earlier in Scienceagogo.
http://www.scienceagogo.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showthreaded&Number=22264&page=2

So I will not elaborate further. But you may carry on reading below before you return to the above 'thread reason'
as to why circumcision protects against venerial disease.

M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Mass circumcision project plans to cut HIV risk
From New scientist issue 2713 June '09

OVER half a million men are to be offered circumcision in Swaziland and Zambia to curb the spread of HIV. It is the first time circumcision has been proposed on this scale in AIDS hotspots.
Circumcision can cut a man's risk of HIV infection by 60 per cent, and in the past African men have queued up to be circumcised. The new programme is funded to the tune of $50 million by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, enough for 650,000 procedures. Under the programme, these will only be carried out by fully trained medical professionals, which could help prevent men from being harmed.
"It's great news, and this is exactly what's needed," says Catherine Hankins, chief scientific adviser at UNAIDS. She stresses however that circumcision alone won't rule out infection with HIV, and that circumcised men should take additional precautions such as wearing condoms and limiting their numbers of sexual partners.

http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20...t-hiv-risk.html
Interestingly, we discussed male circumcision over two years ago, here in Scienceagogo.
When I posted the possible reasons as to why circumcision might give better protection against sexual infections.
>Below takes you to the very first page of my Circimcision article.>

Then just five weeks later after the above discussion
"The World International Conference on Circumcision and AIDS-HIV", held in Australia. Came to the unanimous conclussion, that Male Circumcision did indeed provided greatly increased protection against sexual diseases, including HIV-AIDS.
In fact, two trials in America were stopped early because they showed such a high degree of efficancy that it would not have been ethical to continue to withhold circumcision from the control group!! Wow!

The above para is VERY interesting. Since one might wonder what chemical or prehaps colouring agent, they might have given the other partner?
Well it must have been something similar.....the trials would never have used REAL virus/germs.!! Would they?

The Australian Government has estimated that by 2025, HIV-AIDS will have killed 1.5 million people in Indonesia and more than 300,000 in Papua New Guinea.

The International AIDS Society Conference in Sydney has heard that male circumcision reduces the spread of the virus by 60 percent.

American Professor Robert Daly says the challenge is to change cultural and government attitudes so the procedure can be universally adopted.

Australia will provide an extra $US350 million to combat HIV/AIDS in the Asia-Pacific region.

With the federal government having already pledged $US530 milllion through its Global HIV/AIDS Initiative for the decade to 2010, Monday's announcement lifts funding to fight the pandemic to $US880 million, or one billion Australian dollars.
More than eight million people in the Asia-Pacific region are HIV-positive, with UN projections estimating the number of people living with the disease will reach 20 million by 2010 if the response is not accelerated.

***I have already posted the 'mechanical reasons' as to why I believe circumcision works, earlier in Scienceagogo.

> Again this will return you to the first page of of my Circumcision article, if required <

So I will not elaborate further. But you may carry on reading below before you return to the above 'thread reason'
as to why circumcision protects against venerial disease.

P
P
I heard that the Germans are planning to ban male genital mutilation.

Does anyone know a link for this and what eventually happened?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
P
Woooow; seems you are hiding this thread now.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
P
I heard that the Germans are planning to ban male genital mutilation.
Does anyone know a link for this and what eventually happened?

Surely someone here knows.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.