Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Then why not answer some scientific questions rather than wasting time on American Presidents' yarmulkes?

American Presidents wearing yarmulkes are also actually of interest to many.

Basically, G.W. BUSH and B. OBAMA are Jews pretending to be Christians. I'm not sure if the other skullcap wearer, Bill CLINTON, ever pretended to be Christian.

This pretense in itself makes all this of interest.

Earth formed from a collision
www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
www.preearth.net/plate.html
B
Megastar
Megastar
B
Quote:
This pretense in itself makes all this of interest.

In a science forum? Is there a science of "Jewology"?

There never was nothing.
Superstar
Superstar
Of interest perhaps in a site that deals with celebrity gossip and tittle-tattle. Not on a science forum. Please clean up your act or I will edit your posts.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Good!

The wearing of a yamulka, like the wearing of a scarf to cover the hair for a woman, can be merely a mark of courtesy. Perhaps preearth does not recognise courtesy.

Last edited by Ellis; 11/11/12 12:13 AM.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Good!

The wearing of a yamulka, like the wearing of a scarf to cover the hair for a woman, can be merely a mark of courtesy. Perhaps preearth does not recognise courtesy.
Funny; the Jews I know think it is disrespectful to G_D himself for a non-believer to wear a yarmulke.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
Of interest perhaps in a site that deals with celebrity gossip and tittle-tattle. Not on a science forum. Please clean up your act or I will edit your posts.
"Clean up your act" you say. Indeed! AR II. So I ask: Is this is a REAL science forum? Or what?

If SAGGO is a real science forum, how come posters--in their profiles--are not required to give us information enough to tell us: Are you a scientist? If so, what is your expertise?

Otherwise, what can we trust about the comments you make??

BTW, I respect science, at all its levels--including questions that are less than bright ones. Agape smile!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Apologies for the off-topic:

Rev, clearly a science forum can be an interesting place to exchange ideas and information about science. It also appears to be a good place to talk about religion, though I don't know why that should be, do you? In my view religion should be excluded from the forum. If it were as you say, a "REAL" science forum (in the sense that you propose) you and I wouldn't be here.

To anyone intent on obtaining reliable information and extensive knowledge: there are books - remember those? As for the net, there are plenty of sites hosted by experts from institutions with excellent credentials.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
O
Megastar
Megastar
O
I completely agree with Redewenur's views and add that forums add a level of spontaneous and interaction that allows discussion and teaching that is not available in books. Granted it comes with problems and is no substitute for a good lessons at schools and universities it is better than having no chance to discuss things.

Originally Posted By: Revlgking

BTW, I respect science, at all its levels--including questions that are less than bright ones. Agape smile!

That I also completely with Rev K as you are a king and respectful person and thus you have no problems with anyone you interact with. There are some who do not always behave as well as you, I for example may perhaps have been guilty of such smile

The anonymous user does create problems with behaviour such as above but it also affords some protection to people. If you compelled me to give my details I would not participate on the forum. The reason is quite simple for me I am compelled to give my e-mail and other details on my work website. Thus identifying myself on line identifies all my contact details and opens up problems like hate mail or worse ... you must have noticed the hostility.

Even giving your real name like you have done Rev K opens up problems try sites like yoname.com and peekyou.com.

So having complete details will usually limit some professionals and people participating. I know there are some scientist like Ethan Seigel, Sascha Vongehr, Lubos Motl, Matt Strassler and Tommaso Dorigo who run blogs and are very public about their identity but many simply don't like the attention.

Some like "jester" who runs resonaances (http://resonaances.blogspot.com.au/) shroud their identity. Infact if you check his profile (http://www.blogger.com/profile/08947218566941608850) it doesn't really identify him. Probably those close to him would know who "jester" is but who knows or not is his choice.

So there are pro's and con's for both ways of doing forums.

Usually if you opt for anonymous users there is heavy moderation and use guidelines to stop the obvious downside of anonymous users.

I have a view on what is going wrong on the forum some like TT disagree. Only time and probably more incidents will decide what needs to happen if anything.

Last edited by Orac; 01/06/13 04:09 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: redewenur
Rev, clearly a science forum can be an interesting place to exchange ideas and information about science.
Since GÕD is omniscience--all the knowledge there is, I agree with you.
It also appears to be a good place to talk about religion ..."
Since GÕD is about the moral and ethical use of omniscience, all knowledge, again I agree.
though I don't know why that should be, do you?
Since you and I are both creatures within GÕD and have GÕD within us, we had better find out why, eh? smile
In my view religion should be excluded from the forum.
Since GÕD is ALL that us, how would you go about doing such an impossible feat? laugh
If it were as you say, a "REAL" science forum (in the sense that you propose) you and I wouldn't be here.
Speak for yourself. I am a theologian. My science is theology. I study GÕD--omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, omni-everything, including willPOWER, which I use when needed..
To anyone intent on obtaining reliable information and extensive knowledge: there are books - remember those?
Good, now if only I had omni-intelligence so I could understand everything. laugh
As for the net, there are plenty of sites hosted by experts from institutions with excellent credentials.
Give us an example, or two. Now all we need are scientists who are omni-teachers--ones with the omni-ability to teach and to make things simple, so that slow-wits, like you and I, can understand. laugh

But seriously, Rede, and here I agree with Richard Dawkins, and others like him: Because there was no physical evidence for the mountain gods and the sky gods, even the theists gave up believing in their existence.

Later, when theists created a singular version--a god in their own image, and called "Him" 'God', they were left with the same problem. No evidence. So, in this age of science, let us get beyond creating idol-like gods.

Let us take a serious look at what Neil Turok writes about in chapter 5 of his book, THE UNIVERSE WITHIN--from Quantum to Cosmos: Here he writes about

THE OPPORTUNITY OF ALL TIME
Because, as a unitheist, I accept that GÕD, like the Higgs boson, is both physical and non-physical, I have no problem accepting moral scientists as a friends of all, young and old, who truly love nature, including theologians (lovers of good), philosophers (anyone who wonders), artists (doers) and all interested in serving others, who will and choose to work in harmony in the exploration of what is greater than we are. Turok's final sentence is:"What a privilege it is to be alive. Truly, we are faced with the opportunity of all time."

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Sorry rev. I'm just not (intentionally) getting into metaphysics here. This, in my opinion, is not the place for it. No disrespect, I assure you.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
O
Megastar
Megastar
O

But seriously, Rede, and here I agree with Richard Dawkins, and others like him: Because there was no physical evidence for the mountain gods and the sky gods, even the theists gave up believing in their existence.

I actually disagree with Dawkins and you on this Rev and I am going on religions side. I think Dawkins goes way too far and his is almost an anti-religious fundementalist even evolution does not require there to be no God, it just allows for it.

I agree there is no physical evidence to say god exists but there is similarly no physical evidence that god doesn't exist and thus it becomes a matter of faith which is what you do.

I see huge similarities between Paul and Richard Dawkins even though the are on opposite sides of creation debate in that they want science to see something that it simply does not. It supports neither view or really makes any comment on the subject and to infer it does is fundementally wrong.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Since GÕD is omniscience--all the knowledge there is, I agree with you.

Knowledge implies a frame of ideals surrounding a perception of reality. Omniscience implies superiority to definitions and the judgments that are attached to the perceived personal realities.
Since GÕD is about the moral and ethical use of omniscience, all knowledge, again I agree.

You agree to your definition of God and morality being in the same box, and any assumptions you presuppose into Rede's statement
Since you and I are both creatures within GÕD and have GÕD within us, we had better find out why, eh? smile

Seems rather obvious you still haven't quite figured it out, being that your ideas and acronyms are constantly changing.
Since GÕD is ALL that us, how would you go about doing such an impossible feat? laugh

The most obvious would be to remove definitions of a competing and personal nature, and to leave the idea of a universal defintion prescribed by you out of the picture, and to stick with the facts which are democratically assumed and prescribed
If it were as you say, a "REAL" science forum (in the sense that you propose) you and I wouldn't be here.
Speak for yourself. I am a theologian. My science is theology. I study GÕD--omnipotence, omniscience, omnipresence, omni-everything, including willPOWER, which I use when needed..

He was speaking for himself. Which inspired you to repeat your agenda (which is to gather attention to your need for personal recognition)
To anyone intent on obtaining reliable information and extensive knowledge: there are books - remember those?
Good, now if only I had omni-intelligence so I could understand everything. laugh

Or anything grin

Theist never approach direct experience. They just go with the flow of popular opinions based on the Authoritative point of reference. That's why they are Theists.

Later, when theists created a singular version--a god in their own image, and called "Him" 'God', they were left with the same problem. No evidence. So, in this age of science, let us get beyond creating idol-like gods.

You still idealize and never get there. Still trying to redefine yourself even as you stay within the box of Theism.

Because, as a unitheist, I accept that GÕD, like the Higgs boson, is both physical and non-physical, I have no problem accepting moral scientists as a friends of all, young and old, who truly love nature, including theologians (lovers of good), philosophers (anyone who wonders), artists (doers) and all interested in serving others, who will and choose to work in harmony in the exploration of what is greater than we are.

Acceptance of God as a physical reference to your ideals is what is called religion. The purveyors of truth and justice and morality during the crusades and the Spanish Inquisition simply killed the opposition. You on the other hand try to bring all the attention to yourself and your idea of righteousness. (a slow death on the stake of judgment)
Turok's final sentence is:"What a privilege it is to be alive. Truly, we are faced with the opportunity of all time."
Opportunity as long as it falls within the idealisms of your prescribed reality of a physical/nonphysical GÕD?

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted By: preearth

In 1912 the Nobel prize winner (physics) Johannes Stark accused Einstein of plagiarism.

Einstein did not deny the charge, but replied;

"J. Stark has written a comment on a recently published paper of mine for the purpose of defending his intellectual property. I will not go into the question of priority that he has raised, because this would hardly interest anyone, all the more so because the law of photochemical equivalence is a self-evident consequence of the quantum hypothesis."

Professor Reuterdahl accused Einstein of plagiarizing his work, as well as the work of others.

"No unprejudiced person can deny that, in the absence of direct and incontrovertible proofs establishing his innocence, Einstein must, in view of the circumstantial evidence previously presented, stand convicted before the world as a plagiarist."

Einstein Charged with Plagiarism, New York American, (11 April 1921)
A. Reuterdahl, "The Origin of Einsteinism", The New York Times, (12 August 1923)

Professor Westin charges Einstein with plagiarism:

Westin protested to the Directorate of the Nobel Foundation against the reward of Einstein, thus:

"From these facts the conclusion seems inevitable that Einstein cannot be regarded as a scientist of real note. He is not an honest investigator."

Reported in the New York Times, (12 April 1923).

Professor See charges Einstein with plagiarism:

"Professor See Attacks German Scientist...", The New York Times, (13 April 1923).
"Einstein a trickster?", The San Francisco Journal, (27 May 1923).

Nobel prize winner (physics) P. Lenard, E. Gehrcke, Paul Weyland, and other scientists accused Einstein of plagiarism.

"In fact, one begins to doubt the justice of these claims and to wonder if the charges (of plagiarism made against Einstein) made by a fast growing group of German scientists who, like E. Gehrcke, P. Lenard, and Paul Weyland, hold that Einstein is both a plagiarist and a sophist, are not, after all, true."

J. T. Blankart, "Relativity or Interdependence", Catholic World, Volume 112, (February, 1921)

The Nobel prize winner (physics) and friend of Einstein, Max Born, had this to say;

"Many of you may have looked up his paper 'Zur Elektrodynamik bewegter Körper' in Annalen der Physik, vol. 17, p. 811, 1905, and you will have noticed some peculiarities. The striking point is that it contains not a single reference to previous literature. It gives you the impression of quite a new venture. But that is, of course, as I have tried to explain, not true."

Max Born, "Physics and Relativity", Physics in my Generation.

Professor Nordmann implicitly charges Einstein with plagiarism:

"All this was maintained by Poincaré and others long before the time of Einstein, and one does injustice to truth in ascribing the discovery to him."

Charles Nordmann, Einstein et l'universe (1921).

If Einstein was not a fraud, these scientists would not have called Einstein a fraud.

If you need more proof that Einstein was a fraud (in this case that special relativity existed before Einstein) download the 1900 book by Larmor;

http://preearth.net/pdfs/aetherandmatter00larmgoog.pdf

What can you find in Larmor's 1900 book; Aether and Matter?

You can find the "Lorentz" equations on page 167 (PDF page 192) in section 106.

Remember that the "Lorentz" equations are ALL of Special Relativity,... everything about Special Relativity follows directly from them. And remember that Larmor published the "Lorentz" equations, before Lorentz.

Here is a short article on Larmor's priority for the "Lorentz" equations.

http://espace.library.uq.edu.au/eserv/UQ:9560/larmor.pdf

Larmor calculates the length contraction of Special Relativity on page 175 (PDF page 204) at the end of section 111;

And, on page 182 (PDF page 213), section 117, he calculates the length contraction for all moving masses, not just electrons. So, he has already made the conceptual jump from electrodynamics, to all physics, being invariant under the "Lorentz" equations.

Larmor deals with the Doppler effect & relativity on page 177 (PDF page 205) at the end of section 102 and later.

Concerning Einstein's infamous 1905 paper on special relativity, Max Born said; "The striking point is that it contains not a single reference to previous literature." Einstein did not reference those who worked on relativity before he did (for obvious reasons).

If Einstein was not a fraud, Einstein would have referenced this work of Larmor.

If Einstein was not a fraud, Einstein would have referenced Poincare's work.

If Einstein was not a fraud, Einstein would have referenced Hasenöhrl's work.

If Einstein was not a fraud, Einstein's infamous 1905 paper would have been refereed, just like any other paper.

So, exactly which facts quoted above do you folk have trouble with?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P
So, exactly which facts quoted above do you folk have trouble with?

I ask again; which of the above facts do you dispute?

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
P
OP Offline
P

Obviously the facts are correct and Einstein was one great big fraud.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
J
jackdorsey
Unregistered
jackdorsey
Unregistered
J
Originally Posted By: Smitht
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Pre, you know your claims are pure BS. Ignoring the vast array of math and physics which shows your merging worlds theory to be bupkis does not count as a victory.

I suspect De Pretto's case is going to be more of the same - you'll simply ignore all the evidence that runs contrary to your beliefs; despite the fact the evidence of de pretto's errors can be found within his writings.

None-the-less, here we go. De Pretto's work was published and the full text of his work is still available today, both scans of the origonal paper, as well as OCR'd text:
http://www.cartesio-episteme.net/st/mem-depr-vf.htm

The basis of his idea is outlined in the following paragraph.

Ogni particella d'etere ha un impulso proprio, indipendente dalle altre; l'urto che determina contro le particelle della materia, è rappresentato dalla forza viva, cioè dal prodotto della massa pel quadrato della velocità, secondo la formula mv2. Le particelle d'etere per la loro estrema piccolezza, si possono considerare come infinitamente piccole; ma tali in realtà non possono essere e quindi una massa m pur estremamente piccola, devono ad ogni modo rappresentare. Data l'enorme velocità di movimento di tali particelle, non inferiore certamente a quella della luce che è di trecento milioni di metri per secondo, essendo , remove duplicates in tal modo il termine v2 della formula rappresentato da un 9 seguito da 16 zeri, si comprende che m x v2 cioè la forza viva di ogni particella, possa risultare abbastanza sensibile e che la somma di tutte le infinite spinte possa dar ragione dell'attrazione e della coesione e perciò si intuisce quanta energia si celi in questo fluido universale.

The long and short, De Pretto assumed that the kinetic energy of a particle is determined by m*v2 (which is wrong, its 0.5*m*v2). His idea is simply that the vibrational speed of atoms must be the same as the speed of aether particles* (i.e. the speed of light), and therefore their energy would be equal to mc2.

*Normally I'd ridicule the use of aether, but in De Pretto's time this idea still had a medicorum of scientific support, so we'll just let that pass...

So as I said before, the equation he derived is correct, but his rationalisation is wrong, meaning that scientifically speaking his findings are of little value. Wikipedia has a great article on the derivation of mass-energy equivalency, including discussion of the various scientists who laid the groundwork that Einstein used to derive mass-energy equivalency from the correct physical principals:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mass-energy_equivalence#History

A more detailed essay on De Pretto's work, and what he based his information on, can be found at mathpages:
http://www.mathpages.com/rr/s8-08/8-08.htm

Bryan

Life Is Nature Just Enjoy It!!!!!

Thank you...Great information

J
Johnson
Unregistered
Johnson
Unregistered
J
It is the phenomenon of emission of electrons from the surface of metals when the radiations of suitable frequency and suitable wavelength if falling on the surface of the metal.

The following parameters are related to Photoelectric effect
1.Photoelectric Current
2.Stopping Potential
3.Threshold Energy
4.Work Function

To know more about Photoelectric Effect

#48992 07/03/13 01:23 PM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Welcome to the SAGG Forum ....Johnson.
The photoelectric effect which bears your name, is so interesting it could even have its own thread, here in Scienceagogo. Here is a little about the interesting property of Diamond that might interest you, in this respect.

A little known property of diamond, out side of those in the industry, is its negative electron affinity in a vacuum.
i.e. Diamond surfaces spontaneously emit electrons in a vacuum.

Combine this with a positively biased grid and a (phosphor) target, or better, an Anode as in a radio valve.....I believe you could create a single-pixel Cathode-ray tube for a flat or minature display?

I have always wanted to do, or try the following:-

"Replace the filament in a radio-valve with a small Diamond. Would the spontanious electrons emitted by the diamond be enought to power a radio? Or at least amplify?" (I think they would).

Another potentially useful aspect of diamond is its very high thermal conductivity, up to five times that of copper. Combined with its high electrical resistivity, this makes diamond films the perfect choice for heat sinks for electronic components: diamond-coated devices can be packed closer together without overheating.
Expensive, but would improve speed and efficiency.

Shining a UV Light on a diamond, allows it to fluorescent a pale blue....if it dos'nt, its not a diamond.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
OP Offline
P

Obviously the facts are correct and Einstein was one great big fraud.

www.preearth.net

Plate-tectonics is wrong
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.