Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11
Megastar
Megastar
Thu. Aug 27, 2009, I suggested starting a group made up of anyone interested in supporting Kyra M's idea of WHOLE-THREAD-ISM.

To all who would like to belong to such a group,take a look at:
http://www.redefinegod.com/photo/floatinghouse2008-1

The above is an example of what can be done when we take the opportunity to tune in to that which is Good, Orderly and Desirable--GOD.

Take the time to scroll down to the the video.

Keep in mind that all art is an act of good will--that is, an act of love.
====================================================

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Amazing pics and concept, Rev!
Thanks.

Megastar
Megastar
BTW, before I offer the following opinion let me warn readers: Recently in the agnostics/atheism www.about.com a poster told me: YOU ARE A POMPOUS ASS. This is much better than being a stupid ass, or an asinine wimp.

In the role of a PA I will opine as follows:

God, Spirit (with a capital S), spirit, soul, mind are all one and the same, but they are not things. They are states of Being.

However, out of these no-things all that exists in material form in the Now, including the human body, emanated and evolved and is continuing to do so in the eternal Now and the infinity of Space. I equate Now and Space with Spirit.

To simplify this, I propose the following elegant solution.

BTW, the brilliant physicist, Brain Greene in an interview
http://www.superstringtheory.com/people/bgreene.html
said that "physicists often use the term elegant to describe a solution to a problem that is as powerful as it is simple.

It's a solution which cuts to the heart of an important problem with such clarity that it almost leaves no doubt that the solution is either right or at least on the right track.

And string theory is just that kind of solution. It provides the first way of putting quantum mechanics and general relativity together -- that is, merging the laws of the small and the laws of the large -- and it does it in such a sleek manner that it is quite breathtaking. And the term elegant really describes that kind of solution."

MY POMPOUS PROPOSAL
I propose that we call the beginning, or the alpha point, GoD (that is G zero D)--all Goodness, order and Design, as measurable energy--or quanta--in potential. Quantum mechanics--having to do with laws that govern how small things work.

What do I call the end point, the omega point? I am referring to the goal out there, that towards which we are processing in all directions, according to the principles of relativity--laws that govern how large things work.

To avoid the dangers of anthropomorphism I propose we call that GOD, in capitals. The O here symbolizes the infinity of space.

GOD is that which is the total, universal and all-encompassing Goodness, Order and Desirable design in the largeness of space.

Our role in creation? In a word, we are here to be co-creators. We are here to become free, truly human and humane beings no longer bound by the tyranny of any animal-like drives. We are free to love (agape), to remain confused, or even to hate (misos).

E=MC2 + Imagination X Love

LOVE IS THE FREEDOM TO WILL
Using free will (agape love) we are free to stay where we are--that is, endure the limitations of earth; to devolve, that is make more hell on earth that there is, or to continue to evolve to a heaven on earth and beyond. Simple.

BTW, I do not feel we are ever free to stop existing.

Feel free to critique, and even improve upon the above. Even pompous asses can be trained to be better pompous asses, I hope. laugh

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/08/09 05:45 PM. Reason: good idea

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
E
The biggest problem for creationists is to define "purpose" and the mistake is to assume "evolution" needs to have a direction. No doubt "pomposity" can be applied to those who might make such an assumption.

As far as "elegance" is concerned, it is the antithesis of increasing the number of elements in a current "scientific" paradigm. The point is summarized by the principle of "Occam's Razor". In biology, for example, this involves throwing out concepts of "vitalism" as "an essential element" in biological systems. Capra describes this well in his "Web of Life", in which he also points out that it is our cognitive "chauvinism" towards existence which involves us in trying to "get a handle" on it. "God-ism", of any convoluted variety,is merely a decorative part of such a handle.

LATER EDIT

In anticipation of a counter argument that "we" appear to be transcendent of all paradigms,and hence "God-like", I would argue that such a "transcendent we" is an ontological illusion, in so far that "selves" are social constructions, and "we" is merely an extrapolation of that. It may be that "we" are no more "God-like" than the components of an evolutionarily successful insect colony, and that the "language" which evokes "self-concepts" has no more significance than an organizational chemical messaging system for ant colonies. We might also note here that "success" is purely relative, and ants historically seem to have edge, as species go !

Last edited by eccles; 10/10/09 07:32 AM.
Megastar
Megastar
Eccles, you say that creationists have "problems"; they make "mistakes", and are often given to "pomposity".

Eccles, before appearing to be pompously judgmental I will ask a few questions:

1. Are you saying that all evolutionists are free from all of the above?

2. If so, where is your evidence?

3. Do you assume that I am a creationist; that I believe in God-ism, and that human beings are already perfect and God-like beings?

4. How familiar are you with the life and work of the process philosopher, theologian, of the late Professor of Mathematics, Alfred North Whitehead?

Alfred North Whitehead (b.1861 - d. 1947), British mathematician, logician and philosopher best known for his work in mathematical logic and the philosophy of science.

In collaboration with Bertrand Russell (a "devout" atheist), he authored the landmark three-volume Principia Mathematica (1910, 1912, 1913) and contributed significantly to twentieth-century logic and metaphysics.
============================================
Charles Hartshorne (June 5, 1897 – October 9, 2000) was a prominent American philosopher who concentrated primarily on the philosophy of religion and metaphysics.

He developed the neoclassical idea of God and produced a modal proof of the existence of God that was a development of St. Anselm's Ontological Argument. Hartshorne is also noted for developing Alfred North Whitehead's process philosophy into process theology.
=================================
BTW, Whitehead's father was an Anglican minister. They must have had interesting talks.

Hartshorne was an episcopalian minister and the son of a minister.
==================
Based on the book:

Universe on a T-Shirt: The Quest for the Theory of everything...by Dan Falk
Have you heard of it?

I humbly submit the following UNIVERSE-ON-A-T SHIRT formula.

MC2 + A = E

E symbolizes all the energy (Good, Order and Desirable design, or GOD) we will ever need.
A, for agape, that is, humble, intelligent and imaginative love, symbolizes all
=================
MC2 + M = BB

M symbolizes misos (like misery? Misunderstand?)--the Greek for hate.
BB stands for BIG bang, a supernova, a really BIG BANG.

As the old song says, "We did it before, and we can do it again!" I hope we can love enough, not to.

E
E
You wrote

Quote:
Our role in creation? In a word, we are here to be co-creators.

What have the views of Whitehead, or whether some evolutionists have a "purpose" agenda got anything to do with your creationist position? You are surely not evoking the fallacy of "appeal to authority" are you ? And it must be obvious to you that seeking "proofs" or "evidence" either way is epistemologically naive. I'm pretty sure that Whitehead had little to say about the current non-linear metalogical mathematical models such as "chaos theory" or "systems theory" which support the study of complex systems which are beyond the scope of traditional logic. Such models have, for example, been successfully applied to the phenomenon of the spontaneous emergence of complex structures in dynamic chemical systems far from equilibrium. (ref: Prigogine). "Creation" is to "spontaneous emergence" as "magic" is to "covert mechanism".

The quotation above makes your position crystal clear. The real question is why you might wish to convince others to accept that position. Put quite simply "holistic epiphany" is ineffable and results in a quiescence which dissipates the need to communicate it.

Last edited by eccles; 10/10/09 05:47 PM.
E
E
Further to the above, I note that googling "process philosophy" comes up with various accounts.

The "Stanford" one clearly illustrates the bifurcation of "process philosophers" some of whom take a "free will/progress" path such as yourself, and some of whom do not.(The Wiki article is useless in that respect).

However, I retract my my statement about Whitehead's non-involvement with metalogical (dynamic) systems, not withstanding his allegiance to a pantheistic sub-text.

Last edited by eccles; 10/11/09 07:11 AM.
Megastar
Megastar
"What have the views of Whitehead, or whether some evolutionists have a "purpose" agenda got anything to do with your creationist position?" Eccles

My creationist position? Eccles, I am not a creationist. I am exploring emanation, about which I will say more, later. How familiar are you with the concept?

"However, I retract my my statement about Whitehead's non-involvement with metalogical (dynamic) systems, not withstanding his allegiance to a pantheistic sub-text." Eccles

BTW, I am not sure how familiar Whitehead was with panentheism, which Charles Hartshorne, as an interpreter of Whitehead's philosophy, spent his life expounding.

I am sure that you are aware that the spirit-conscious new physicists are calling for what progressive theologians called for decades ago--a better definition of the god-concept than the one commonly used: god is a being separated from "his" creation.

E
E
I am familiar with "emanation" (a) from esoteric concepts of "the ray of creation" which emanates from "the Absolute", and (b) watered down versions (via google) which purport to seperate "creation" from a "primary source" from which secondary process/substances/entities manifest.

Type (b) is basically "teleology" (top down-edness) with the avoidance of "purpose". In fact, systems theory leaves as an open question whether top down hierarchies of nested "organizational structures" are open or closed at "the top" . It seems clear that "theists" go for closure, i.e. they seek ontological a priori principles, whereas "atheists" are content with the implications of Godel's Incompleteness Theorem, that all systems require at least one axiom which cannot be "verified", whether it be in top down or bottom up explanations.

It is my contention (stated on other threads) that part of the price we pay for our cognitive abilities is the desire for closure. Simplistically, we abhor the void encapsulated by Shakespeare's famous description of life as " a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury signifying nothing". Almost anything would seem better than that, and that's what we get, almost anything !

Last edited by eccles; 10/11/09 04:44 PM.
E
E
NB I've just spotted your "floating home" clip which prompts me to ponder on the freedom of some us "Westerners" have to live as we please, and to rationalize such freedom within a constructed mode of "spirituality". Any comments ?

Last edited by eccles; 10/12/09 05:59 AM.
Megastar
Megastar
"A constructed mode of "spirituality"?
Elaborate on what you mean?

E
E
I specifically mean than your freedom to live as you choose (on water it seems)requires you to contruct an mental structure to encompass it, as compared with those who are externally constrained (the boat people of Hong Kong for example). This refers back to my "closure" principle above, and that such constructions are arbitrary, irrespective of your possible phraseology for it which might equate to something like "spiritual creativity lovingly communing with the dynamics of nature". (The point is, for a few bucks, the boat people would wave goodbye to the "bloody" water !).

Last edited by eccles; 10/13/09 06:48 AM.
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The Concept of the Whole and Threadism ©Kyra K 2009
Andrea is discussing this with me.

I don’t know, Andrea, maybe it’s not that different from what others have written.
Probably not. So, when do you want to start?[Remember, you did ask me to help you.)
Yes, I need someone to ask me questions and bounce back (with more questions to my answers). It’s all speculation you know.
Everything is. Well, everything which addresses the meaning of life etc, is.
Okay, here goes. Scientists are saying that 25% of the Universe is dark matter and 70% of the Universe is dark energy - that is a whopping 95% of everything being this ‘dark’ stuff which may, or may not, co-exist. It is through us, with us and I think it may be us.
Hang on, am I supposed to argue with this now?
Well, what do you think?
It’s a bit simplistic isn’t it?
I wish it was.
Well, it’s no secret that you have Pantheist leanings. The Pantheists believe just what you have said, that everything is the Universe and the Universe is everything.
Yes, but not that one part is matter-aware and the other part is energy-aware.
Which is which?
Look, I don’t know, but consider this hypothesis. We are matter aware and the other part of us, which exists with us, but also separate to us (seemingly) is energy aware.
You say seemingly?
Well everything is joined – just that some are not aware that it is. I think that’s why meditation works. When humans are able to let go of the physical for a few seconds, minutes, hours or even days as some monks can, we tap into the dark energy.
We are not aware that we are aware?
Well, we are, of course aware that we are here, but not all of us are aware that we are part of the Whole: dark energy and dark matter combined. And let’s stop calling it dark. Just because scientists can’t see it, it doesn’t make it dark. We have nothing to quantify its colour. I will call both forms ‘Light’ from now on. As in Light energy and Light matter.
Yeah, I do agree with you about the dark inference, it makes it sound sinister. So what you are saying is that we are all part of the same thing, this Light energy and this Light matter stuff?
Okay, consider this, the Light matter may be what is live. Everything that has life, as we know it, has awareness, even if they are not aware of having awareness. Light matter 25%. Then another 70% is Light energy which still has awareness because, I believe, it is connected. And the other 5% is all the physical matter: bodies, bone, fur, feather, mineral chemical and inert material.
Yeah, we humans are aware of being aware. And some other animals may be aware of being aware, too.
Yes, but I am talking about all life: insects, animals, germs, microbes, bacteria and all the botanicals being the 25% Light matter. But still connected to the 70% Light energy.
I have thought of an analogy. As I said before, this is probably not original, but it is the closest I can get, to explaining myself.
I’m listening.
A flock of birds seem separate but to themselves they are not completely separate. They are connected to the lead bird and he/she to them. One entity, many parts. When flying formation this connection is obvious (they instantly move as one while they still have their own position and place) but it may be they have some sort of connection which is not so obvious at other times, too. So might all animals and insects and even plants. It could be species specific (this close awareness of the others). And we humans have this too, for example: when there is a short story competition or call for an anthology a lot of the entries/contributions will have the same theme. And it also explains other synchronicity. Let’s take this a step further, perhaps all life is connected (animals plants, microbes humans etc) and all death, as we know it, is connected as well.
Death?
After death of the outer shell (our separate state) we are awoken to the awareness (it has always been with us) of light energy. And this Light energy has far more consciousness than the consciousness we live through our physical selves. It may be like the flock of birds flying in formation all seeing through the same eyes and feeling though the same body of the flock.
Like I said, I think we are connected to this Light energy in life even when we have the ‘shell’. So everything, both Light energy 70% and Light matter 25% is one at all times, or the Whole.
That is some concept. What about the nitty gritty matter, the blood and bone, leaf and fur, so to speak?
Mere packaging (and only a tiny 5% of all) and it is the way we (all living organisms) can abide in this environment.
Oh, that’s what you mean by the ‘shell’. But just how are we ‘connected’?
I think it may be through threads. Something similar perhaps, to radio waves (different frequencies and strengths) but the connection is like tissue (in a human body) we need it to be the ‘Whole.’
Let’s call this connection Threadism. Perhaps it is also part of what we used to call instinct and intuition.
So now, whenever I look at someone else, I remember that their Light matter and Light energy is our/my Light matter and our/my Light energy.
And when this body wears out I will still be, but with more awareness.
The awareness of the Universe.
The Universe or the Whole (except for the 5%) Yes, exactly. Not The Universe but We Universe.
Yes, well, how did us/we Universe come about?
Look, like I told M, I am just like a horse trying to explain/understand how a television works; what I have here is just a line (drawn with my hoof!) depicting the side of the screen. I certainly don’t have all the answers.
Why do we need to come here as sentient, or living beings?
Well, I think, for variety. Entertainment, stimulation, change, growth. (Andrea, don’t forget there are other life-filled planets). As The Whole we all benefit. We humans learn what benefits, or you could say what is right, by cause and effect, conscience and acknowledging Karma both good and bad. From this, we as humans have gained tolerance, understanding and compassion.
Connection, passive or otherwise, strengthens or makes possible these learnings. Anyway, a lot of what we think is bad, is not - like dying for instance.
Also, I think that not all of the 70% of us that is light energy (not physical) has to interchange with the physical, or the 25% Light matter, ever. For this bit of Us, perhaps the Us that lives in the Physical, are like our novels or short stories! Lol.
What are the advantages of believing in this?
Well, no envy - you can be truly happy for another when you know the other is you, (by Threadism) as well. No selfishness. No fear of the future. We learn that listening to our ‘Instinct or Intuition’ or the voice of the Whole, and seeing synchronicity for signs of Threadism as well, can help us live a more fulfilled life. And understanding that Karma is working for us.
And I guess you don’t have to worry about death.
Exactly, and it (this belief) makes you want to live.
How so?
Well, for the good of the Whole you want to enjoy and experience life as much as you can. And also learn from Karma.
Is all suffering karma then?
No, not all. I think the only way we can control the 5% which is the actual matter and the elements too, which bring disaster (in our thinking) etc, is by collective learning. This learning has led us to manipulate our environment (and our lives). And we have learned by our mistakes and successes. We, the Whole, are not perfect or omniscient. Even though We are connected it does not stop people, microbes germs, elements etc from doing their separate thing, be it ‘wrong’ (by human standards) or just following their own nature. But of all the parts of the Whole, humans have had more influence/control over themselves and their own environment.
Now, how can I get this straight?
I’ll try and quantify it in numbers.
1. We are all part of, and therefore, the Whole. Less the 5% physical: blood, bone, fur, feather bodies, minerals, gases and inert matter. Which we are learning to control.
2. There is no need for envy or fear of the future. No need for selfishness. We should look at everyone as the Whole.
Before I go on, I should explain (although you would already know this) that not everyone knows they are part of the Whole.
But they still would be?
Yes, but, like an arm that has gone to sleep because some of the circulation has been cut off, they are separate.
But you said..?
The arm with the circulation partly cut off has the blood, life force, still circulating. The arm is joined to the body but it feels separate and is not good for the body.
We can still acknowledge that it (those unaware) is part of us but we need to do something about it.
I see, make it/them aware.
Yes, rub the circulation back (lol), support, understand. Or, in some cases, keep away.

Okay, 3 - No need for fear of death. Or for us to say there is no god, when people/ animals die.
Death is not the big deal we thought it was. Although, of course it is very sad for those still in the physical 5%. But for We that die (shed shells) it is a greater awareness. And We are still joined to those loved ones by Threadism.

4. The god is WE (connected) with the Whole by Threadism.
Light energy 70%, Light matter 25% and Outer shells (what is visible) 5%. Only the shells go back to stardust.

5. For the Whole there is no time but IS.
We experience this life as we know it, for growth, interest and awe, for the good of the Whole. And to learn by our mistakes and triumphs, take notice of Karma and synchronicity, instinct and intuition. The Whole is evolving.

6. We may feel separate but this is so we can get the maximum benefit of being a living being. Synchronicity and Karma, instinct and intuition, show we are still connected by Threadism.

7. Just like the numb arm we are still part of the Whole, even if we are not aware.

8. In parting with the shell we become more aware, as we are awake to the greater Whole.
Mm… interesting concept. Do you think it will catch on?
Well, if I’m right, others of Light Matter know this already.
And the Light Energy has always known.
Precisely.

NB - I think, We (95%) are as connected to the 5% as a musician is connected to a trumpet/ trombone etc. We blow breath (life) through it and the music we play is an extension and expression of ourselves.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: eccles
... (The point is, for a few bucks, the boat people would wave goodbye to the "bloody" water !).
Much of what you said went right by me, especially the last sentence.

The home pictured was built by my artist daughter and her artist husband, not me. It is worth well over one million dollars.

Are you pro, con, or neutral regarding people living on the water? They are not squatters. They have a legal right to use the space.

I live just north of Toronto, Ontario.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Wouldn't it be freezing cold on the water like that in TORONTO?

Megastar
Megastar
No!
Where my daughter lives, Tofino, BC, may get quite cold for a week or two--sometimes for more--in the winter. But they have a heating system which can handle things. Freedom Cove is completely enclosed and escapes big winds.

BTW, her mother and I spoke to our daughter, Catherine, by phone, just a few minutes ago.

Yesterday, I spoke to my sister and her husband (my age) in Grande Cache, Alberta. We also spoke to relatives and friends in the Maritimes, in New Brunswick, and in Newfoundland--all thousands of miles apart.

Amazing.

It seems that, as the Bible says: "The kingdom of GOD is at hand." In other words, the future I used to dream about is now.

Currently, I am now 79. As I get ready for my 80's--unless I get promoted sooner than I think--I am busy dreaming up my next decade. It is up to you to dream up yours.

Interestingly, I read somewhere that people who go to church, regularly, and who truly learn how to live in loving fellowship with one another, live longer. Or does it just seem longer? laugh

IF I WERE AN ATHEIST HERE IS WHAT I WOULD DO
============================================
If I were an atheist--that is, if I were one who did not believe in life after death (maybe some do--let me know)--and if I were smart, I would find a loving fellowship. Or I would create one--one made up of loving atheists, possibly. Or I would go to any other kind of loving church fellowship.

Warning! Beware of the hypocrites. They are everywhere. Believe it or not, they are even among atheists.

BTW, the local church that I go to welcomes anyone who is open to new ideas, including agnostics/atheists. It is one of the thousands of fellowships across Canada known as the United Church of Canada. Here is a contact point or two:

Google on the United church of Canada.

Or meet me at:

http://www.wondercafe.ca/discussion/religion-and-faith/one-month-atheists?page=1

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/19/09 01:12 AM. Reason: Of course editing is needed
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K

I don’t know, Andrea, maybe it’s not that different from what others have written.
Probably not. So, when do you want to start?[Remember, you did ask me to help you.)
Yes, I need someone to ask me questions and bounce back (with more questions to my answers). It’s all speculation you know.
Okay, here goes. Scientists are saying that 25% of the Universe is dark matter and 70% of the Universe is dark energy - that is a whopping 95% of everything being this ‘dark’ stuff which may, or may not, co-exist. It is through us, with us and I think it may be us.
Well, what do you think?
I wish it was.
Well, it’s no secret that you have Pantheist leanings. The Pantheists believe just what you have said, that everything is the Universe and the Universe is everything.
Which is which?
Look, I don’t know, but consider this hypothesis. We are matter aware and the other part of us, which exists with us, but also separate to us (seemingly) is energy aware.
You say seemingly?
Well everything is joined – just that some are not aware that it is. I think that’s why meditation works. When humans are able to let go of the physical for a few seconds, minutes, hours or even days as some monks can, we tap into the dark energy.
Well, we are, of course aware that we are here, but not all of us are aware that we are part of the Whole: dark energy and dark matter combined. And let’s stop calling it dark. Just because scientists can’t see it, it doesn’t make it dark. We have nothing to quantify its colour. I will call both forms ‘Light’ from now on. As in Light energy and Light matter.
Yeah, I do agree with you about the dark inference, it makes it sound sinister. So what you are saying is that we are all part of the same thing, this Light energy and this Light matter stuff?
Okay, consider this, the Light matter may be what is live. Everything that has life, as we know it, has awareness, even if they are not aware of having awareness. Light matter 25%. Then another 70% is Light energy which still has awareness because, I believe, it is connected. And the other 5% is all the physical matter: bodies, bone, fur, feather, mineral chemical and inert material.
Yeah, we humans are aware of being aware. And some other animals may be aware of being aware, too.
Yes, but I am talking about all life: insects, animals, germs, microbes, bacteria and all the botanicals being the 25% Light matter. But still connected to the 70% Light energy.
I have thought of an analogy. As I said before, this is probably not original, but it is the closest I can get, to explaining myself.
I’m listening.
A flock of birds seem separate but to themselves they are not completely separate. They are connected to the lead bird and he/she to them. One entity, many parts. When flying formation this connection is obvious (they instantly move as one while they still have their own position and place) but it may be they have some sort of connection which is not so obvious at other times, too. So might all animals and insects and even plants. It could be species specific (this close awareness of the others). And we humans have this too, for example: when there is a short story competition or call for an anthology a lot of the entries/contributions will have the same theme. And it also explains other synchronicity. Let’s take this a step further, perhaps all life is connected (animals plants, microbes humans etc) and all death, as we know it, is connected as well.
Death?
After death of the outer shell (our separate state) we are awoken to the awareness (it has always been with us) of light energy. And this Light energy has far more consciousness than the consciousness we live through our physical selves. It may be like the flock of birds flying in formation all seeing through the same eyes and feeling though the same body of the flock.
Like I said, I think we are connected to this Light energy in life even when we have the ‘shell’. So everything, both Light energy 70% and Light matter 25% is one at all times, or the Whole.
That is some concept. What about the nitty gritty matter, the blood and bone, leaf and fur, so to speak?
Mere packaging (and only a tiny 5% of all) and it is the way we (all living organisms) can abide in this environment.
I think it may be through threads. Something similar perhaps, to radio waves (different frequencies and strengths) but the connection is like tissue (in a human body) we need it to be the ‘Whole.’
Let’s call this connection Threadism. Perhaps it is also part of what we used to call instinct and intuition.
So now, whenever I look at someone else, I remember that their Light matter and Light energy is our/my Light matter and our/my Light energy.
The Universe or the Whole (except for the 5%) Yes, exactly. Not The Universe but We Universe.
Look, like I told M, I am just like a horse trying to explain/understand how a television works; what I have here is just a line (drawn with my hoof!) depicting the side of the screen. I certainly don’t have all the answers.
Well, I think, for variety. Entertainment, stimulation, change, growth. (Andrea, don’t forget there are other life-filled planets). As The Whole we all benefit. We humans learn what benefits, or you could say what is right, by cause and effect, conscience and acknowledging Karma both good and bad. From this, we as humans have gained tolerance, understanding and compassion.
Connection, passive or otherwise, strengthens or makes possible these learnings. Anyway, a lot of what we think is bad, is not - like dying for instance.
Also, I think that not all of the 70% of us that is light energy (not physical) has to interchange with the physical, or the 25% Light matter, ever. For this bit of Us, perhaps the Us that lives in the Physical, are like our novels or short stories! Lol.
Well, no envy - you can be truly happy for another when you know the other is you, (by Threadism) as well. No selfishness. No fear of the future. We learn that listening to our ‘Instinct or Intuition’ or the voice of the Whole, and seeing synchronicity for signs of Threadism as well, can help us live a more fulfilled life. And understanding that Karma is working for us.
How so?
Well, for the good of the Whole you want to enjoy and experience life as much as you can. And also learn from Karma.
No, not all. I think the only way we can control the 5% which is the actual matter and the elements too, which bring disaster (in our thinking) etc, is by collective learning. This learning has led us to manipulate our environment (and our lives). And we have learned by our mistakes and successes. We, the Whole, are not perfect or omniscient. Even though We are connected it does not stop people, microbes germs, elements etc from doing their separate thing, be it ‘wrong’ (by human standards) or just following their own nature. But of all the parts of the Whole, humans have had more influence/control over themselves and their own environment.
1. We are all part of, and therefore, the Whole. Less the 5% physical: blood, bone, fur, feather bodies, minerals, gases and inert matter. Which we are learning to control.
2. There is no need for envy or fear of the future. No need for selfishness. We should look at everyone as the Whole.
Before I go on, I should explain (although you would already know this) that not everyone knows they are part of the Whole.
But they still would be?
Yes, but, like an arm that has gone to sleep because some of the circulation has been cut off, they are separate.
But you said..?
The arm with the circulation partly cut off has the blood, life force, still circulating. The arm is joined to the body but it feels separate and is not good for the body.
We can still acknowledge that it (those unaware) is part of us but we need to do something about it.
Yes, rub the circulation back (lol), support, understand. Or, in some cases, keep away.

Okay, 3 - No need for fear of death. Or for us to say there is no god, when people/ animals die.
Death is not the big deal we thought it was. Although, of course it is very sad for those still in the physical 5%. But for We that die (shed shells) it is a greater awareness. And We are still joined to those loved ones by Threadism.

Light energy 70%, Light matter 25% and Outer shells (what is visible) 5%. Only the shells go back to stardust.

We experience this life as we know it, for growth, interest and awe, for the good of the Whole. And to learn by our mistakes and triumphs, take notice of Karma and synchronicity, instinct and intuition. The Whole is evolving.

6. We may feel separate but this is so we can get the maximum benefit of being a living being. Synchronicity and Karma, instinct and intuition, show we are still connected by Threadism.

7. Just like the numb arm we are still part of the Whole, even if we are not aware.

8. In parting with the shell we become more aware, as we are awake to the greater Whole.
Precisely.

NB - I think, We (95%) are as connected to the 5% as a musician is connected to a trumpet/ trombone etc. We blow breath (life) through it and the music we play is an extension and expression of ourselves.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Posts: 50 The Concept of the Whole and Threadism ©Kyra K 2009

Well, what do you think?
I wish it was.
Which is which?
You say seemingly?
I’m listening.
Death?
How so?
But they still would be?
But you said..?

Precisely.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Well, what do you think?

I wish it was.

Which is which?

You say seemingly?

I’m listening.

Death?

How so?

But they still would be?

But you said..?

Precisely.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K

Kyra M

Posts: 52 The Concept of the Whole and Threadism ©Kyra K 2009

Well, what do you think?
I wish it was.
Which is which?
You say seemingly?
I’m listening.
Death?
How so?
But they still would be?
But you said..?

Precisely.

Page 5 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.