Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 523 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#35248 07/06/10 10:52 AM
4_adaa
Unregistered
4_adaa
Unregistered
I am studying M.S(Software engineering)..I am badly in need of microscopic images.I need images for the following abnormalities Down syndrome,turner syndrome,klinefilter syndrome,triple-X syndrome,edward syndrome, Jacob syndrome.I need unpaired and paired chromosomal images with 400 band resolution..pls mail me or provide me the link.

I
I
The proper term for what you are looking for is "metaphase spreads", and it falls under the more generic term of "karyotyping" and "cytogenetics". I do not know of any database that has those kinds of images stored, so you'll probably have to search Pubmed or Google Scholar for papers which have published high-resolution images.

For example, a google scholar search for the following term (as written, with quotations):
Code:
"down syndrome" karyotype "400 band"
finds 36 papers on the topic, and a spot check of 2 of those papers showed that both had 400-band resolution metaphase spreads as part of the article. If the images in the article are of too low resolution, you may be able to convince the paper's authors to e-mail you high-res images.

Another place you may want to check is the forums over at Molecular Station - a lot of geneticists hang out there, and may be able to provide you with better info, perhaps even a database.

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.