Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
OP Offline
Egyptian Hieroglyphs depict and describe a computer’s cd tray, along with the form of a compact disk itself.

The Old Testament documents and describes computer parts.

The contents of four specific mid 1990s cd-roms are documented and described in many ancient texts.
A common link is Egypt:
Solon, an Egyptian priest, told the story of Athens and Atlantis.
Akhenaten (Amenhotep IV), Pharaoh of Egypt, set up a one god religion.
Moses, an Egyptian priest, told various historical stories, and set up a one god religion.
The ‘Ark of the Covenant’ was a computer carry box that also contained the four mentioned cd-roms.

Two new videos introduce and show what type of computer technology has been documented and depicted by people in ancient times.
Link: http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/forums/index.html

Three more videos then provide 12 specific examples.

Once you have viewed these, you may then Evaluate, Examine, and Compare 10 selected Topics from the Videos.

I
I
This: is a computer tray?

And they call me crazy...

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
CD tray my Aunt Fanny. Any fool can see these are instructions for a one-armed bandit. At the bottom is a warning - the box and line - meaning 'You win some, you lose some'.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
I
I
Originally Posted By: redewenur
CD tray my Aunt Fanny. Any fool can see these are instructions for a one-armed bandit. At the bottom is a warning - the box and line - meaning 'You win some, you lose some'.

I think it looks more like a kilt-wearing cyclops, dancing to the Puppini Sister's "Dance like an Egyptian"

Bryan

Last edited by ImagingGeek; 06/18/10 06:48 PM. Reason: I've had a few beers

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Originally Posted By: redewenur

I think it looks more like a kilt-wearing cyclops, dancing to the Puppini Sister's "Dance like an Egyptian"

Bryan

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Hi Eddy,
and on a slightly, (very slightly) more down to earth, Egyptian Science. We have the Egyptian Battery, a clay pot
used for electroplating, when it was activated using wine vinegar.
http://www.world-mysteries.com/sar_11.htm

There are many other ancient scientific , or semi-scientific artifacts, that have been attributed to lost civilizations.
The huge stone spheres found in the jungle of Costa-Rica,(their purpose is unknown).

In 1898 a real wooden (toy?) glider was found in a tomb at Saqquara, Egypt and was later dated as having been created near 200 BCE. As airplanes were unknown in the days when it was found, it was thrown into a box marked "wooden bird model" and then stored in the basement of the Cairo museum.
It was rediscovered by Dr. Khalil Messiha, who studied models made by ancients. The "discovery" was considered so important by the Egyptian government that a special committee of leading scientists was established to study the object.
I believe there are stone 'Dropa disks' similar to millstones, with grooved writing on them?
Also the more modern Greek Phaistos disk, with spiral writing upon it, that has not been deciphered as yet.
But the only ancient Computer that I know about is the
geared calculator that was found in the Mediteranean Sea.
Called the The Antikythera ‘computer’.
Shortly before Easter 1900, a Greek sponge diver off the small Aegean island of Antikythera discovered the wreck of an ancient ship filled with artefacts, including bronze and marble statues, dating from 85 to 50 BCE. Among the numerous finds, a small formless lump of corroded bronze and rotted wood lay unregarded at the National Museum in Athens for years. As the wood fragments dried and shrank, the lump split open to reveal the outlines of a series of gear wheels resembling clockwork. Gamma-ray photography allowed the historian of science Derek de Solla Price (1922-1983) to reconstruct the machine’s original appearance.
That is the best genuine example of an Ancient 'puter, unless you want to include Stonehenge and other similar Star/Sun alignment instruments?

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek

Hey, I'd never heard of those girls and they're great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ee-W4AjNTU&feature=related

Now that's what I call a 'world breaking discovery'.

Mike

Yes, some of those items are remarkable. We're frequently reminded that the ancients had their share of brilliant people, and it's reasonable to assume they knew more than we know they knew. Having said that, the Antikythera mechanism, amazing though it be, is an indicator not of a high tech civilization but of sheer brilliance in applying the limited knowledge of the times.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
OP Offline
UPDATE 25th July 2010

Due to many comments and questions regarding the given example* of ‘Egyptian Hieroglyphs depict Computer Technology’, more information is now provided as an introduction.

* An Explanation of the specific 6 glyphs and their Context is given.

See ‘Explanation and Context of these Egyptian glyphs’ link via : http://www.worldbreakingdiscoveries.com.au/forums/index.html

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Shouldn't this guy be banned for spamming? It's worse than spam, he's trying to rip people off.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: kallog
Shouldn't this guy be banned for spamming? It's worse than spam, he's trying to rip people off.

Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer

Dont worry kallog ... Eddy Pengelly is just making a fool of himself, by writing such twaddle.
Apert from that, there is interchanging, and mixing up Egyptian hieroglyphics with Egyptian PICTOGRAPHICS
to suit the idea that Egyptians had the first CD's.
There are a couple of hieroglyphics ..one is an outstretched right arm (its not part of a CD case)
the arm means 'work' (or similar)
The circle with a hole in it is an Egyptian Pictogram.
You dont get anywhere by mixing pictograms and hieroglyphs to suit yourself.
I shall come back to that later.

No one is quite sure as to how the ancient Egyptian language sounded. It was replaced by Coptic,
before the birth of Christ, making the decipherment of its sounds even more difficult.
The ancient Egyptians abandoned their language and used, the Coptic language instead. Later the vowel sounds of Coptic were changed to represent the nearest sounds to English, German, or French.

This is why you are supposed to be able to turn your English name into Egyptian hieroglyphs.
Which in turn is supposed to give each hieroglyph a vowel sound.
http://homepage.mac.com/glenbledsoe/winners/EgyptWeb/pages/hieroChart.html

Note the above a supposed to represent our alphabet,...NOT the exact Egyptian vowel sounds

More exact vowel sounds came from reading various Cartouche's, of the Pharoahs names.

Even more exact ancient Egyptian vowel sounds were gleaned from certain paragraphs in the 'Papyrus Ipuwer'.
Especially from the hieroglyphic paragraph containing the Egyptian story of the ten plagues.
(This obviously effected them, else they would not have written about it).
The actual sounds were gleaned from this particular piece of hieroglyphic text because of the animals and insects involved in the plague, were so well known. Examples were the Frogs, in another line the Locusts, and the river Nile
turning Red. etc. All told there were ten lines, as later told in our Biblical version. The sounds were easily recovered since the insects/animals etc were well known
and common knowledge to all.

There are no pictograms in the Ipuwer Papyrus, it is all pure hieroglyphics and written on reed paper.
(I have copy of the Egyptian plagues, If anyone wants a copy, SAGG email me. I will send it to you.)

So once the Rosetta Stone..... (discovered by Napolian) had its hieroglyphics decoded, using the (three scripts) demotic script, and the ancient greek similar texts engraved upon it.
The meaning of Egyptian hieroglyphs became known. The vowel sounds come from sounds the Coptic etc.

...and may not represent the exact sounds as ancient Egyptian was spoken , before Christ.

The other part of ancient Egyptian language is of course the Pictorgrams. This is where Eddy Pengelly
mistakenly believes the circle pepresents an ancient CD, because it is next to or in a CD case.
Pictograms have been mixed upwith h'glyphs and put in a wrong order, so as to seem to make sense.
To me, it makes it more crazy than ever.
The circle is a pictogram, which is next to an outstreched right arm (a hieroglyphic) which I believe
means work, or similar. Its NOT part of a CD case

You cant cut a bas-relief of a circle with a hole thru it............. on a wall
But there are a number of circles cut in relief on various Egyptian Temple walls.

The most notable ones are the ones at Karnak in bas-relief, showing 198 objects that were looted from the
Temple in Jerusalem, and recorded by the Pharoah.
I also have that photo here, and some circles look as though they are eating plates (gold), other circles
look as though they are Chariot, or Wagon wheels (they have a chip out of the center to represent a hole).
Yet more circles represent (gold?) necklaces (no central chip), arm bracelets, and possibly shields.

Finally the ancient Egyptians did carve 58 or 59 pictograms, on the 'Phaistos Disk' about 2000 years ago.
No hole in it. Its just meant to be read.
Various attemps have been made to decode it, but none are not considered satisfactory.

< http://www.crystalinks.com/phaistosdisc.html >

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
That's all quite interesting Mike.

I can't get my head around why a circle with a dot in the middle should be a CD and not any of the zillions of other things that look like a circle with a dot in the middle, or the zillions of abstract concepts that could be represented that way. Maybe it was time travellers from the 60's and that's a record sitting on a record player, the hooked arm is the stylus.

That seems to be his only connection. But he doesn't even show an actual photo of a hieroglyph/pictograph of any circle with a hole in the middle. Just a modern drawing with an inner circle (possibly a hole), and an ancient drawing with a dot - not necessarily a hole either.

OP Offline
But he doesn't even show an actual photo of a hieroglyph/pictograph of any circle with a hole in the middle. Just a modern drawing with an inner circle (possibly a hole), and an ancient drawing with a dot - not necessarily a hole either.
Sorry. I personally have not visited the British Museum to take a photograph.

The drawing of the Papyrus of Ani presented on the recommended link page, is from a site similar to this one

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: Eddy Pengelly

Sorry. I personally have not visited the British Museum to take a photograph.

The relative size of that inner circle (hole) seems to be crucial to the whole concept. But it probably wasn't crucial to whoever drew the modern version. Wouldn't it be a wise idea to find a picture of the original?

OP Offline
It is my understanding that the pictures from the source website I cited are pictures of the actual papyrus held by the British Museum.

Edited to add
It has been pointed out to me regarding those drawings, that they are a “complete reproduction of the plates of the Papyrus of Ani in colour” and as such, may not necessarily be photographic pictures.

Last edited by Eddy Pengelly; 07/27/10 06:45 AM.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K

It has been pointed out to me regarding those drawings, that they are a “complete reproduction of the plates of the Papyrus of Ani in colour” and as such, may not necessarily be photographic pictures.

I can't find the pictures in that big web page. Could you find the color 'reproduction' of the circle with the inner circle? Why not put that on your website instead of the obviously recreated black and white one?

OP Offline
I can't find the pictures in that big web page.
You are looking for the Papyrus of Ani, Plate 1.
Click on the PLATE “1” active link (above CHAPTER 15), being the very first item after the CONTENTS label.

Btw. This is not the webpage from which I originally viewed the poa p1 in 2005.
I have been unable to find that specific link again.

Quote:
Could you find the color 'reproduction' of the circle with the inner circle? Why not put that on your website instead of the obviously recreated black and white one?
As cited on my webpage – * Sign-list ref N5, p485 in 'Egyptian Grammar' by Sir Alan Gardiner, Griffith Institute, Oxford, UK, 1927

Gardiner has reproduced the glyph in black and white with the hole in the centre, as have I on my webpage.

Also, in my copy of How to read Egyptian Hieroglyphs by Mark Collier and Bill Manley, on page 136, the sun-disc glyph is given the reference number C1 - and is also in black and white with the hole in the centre.

Also, on this page the black and white form with the hole in the centre has been presented.

I have had two computer crashes since 2005 and can not find my original digital copy of the ani plate 1 glyphs.
Prior to 2005 I remember asking myself whether the RA-Disk was depicted in other papyrus with the hole in the middle and not just a dot as some do, and upon investigation I found that there were instances where the hole was obvious.

Having confirmed that for myself, I took it upon myself to agree with the three cited Egyptian scholars that the RA-Disk was drawn with a hole in the middle – although I disagreed with their interpretation of what it meant.

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
OK. Can you translate some texts containing that symbol with your meaning? You should be able to change the meaning in every text and have them still make sense.

Also, if that's not the symbol for the sun, then what is?

OP Offline
OK. Can you translate some texts containing that symbol with your meaning? You should be able to change the meaning in every text and have them still make sense.
I have investigated the first two columns of the Papyrus of Ani, Plate 1, using the context of ‘a compact disk’ instead of ‘the sun’.

That section also contains an explanation of the glyphs from the picture in the second post in this thread.
This information was available via the link in the OP. Direct link to explanation page.

Also, coming via the WBD Public and Members web pages later in the year, are five other translations of the “sun-disk” glyph actually referring to a cd-rom.

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
The translation is just a statement, without any critical reasoning to support it. Anyone can just make up a translation for a small section of heiroglyphics to mean whatever they want. But does it work across all available documents? Does it fit the context of the surrounding words? Have you tried applying a different meaning to see if that also works? Why _can't_ mean sun, or record, or DVD, or wheel, or some sound, or anything else at all?

It seems like your argument is:

1. A contemporary translation omitted some symbols.

2. "This means that the contemporary translation of these glyphs is incorrect, or at the least, not fully representing what the ancient scribe was trying to describe."

3. Therefore "..It is a depiction of a compact disk"!!!!

Wow. Clearly there's a lot missing between steps 2 and 3.

You're also doing yourself a disservice with statements like "..final definitive pieces of evidence that confirm beyond doubt Pegg's claims" and "what they actually represent" which suggest you've already decided you're right.

OP Offline
Wow. Clearly there's a lot missing between steps 2 and 3.

That’s why I referenced the full details for the translation at the bottom of the linked page.

Also, to pick up on your point regarding “what’s missing”, this post introduced 6 glyphs from one Part of a comprehensive Egyptian Study, of which that study has over twelve Parts.
So yes, there is a lot missing that you are not aware – regarding Egyptian discoveries.

THEN there are the other 20 or so Studies that affirm a compact disk being present in various ancient times.

So “what’s missing” is a vast amount of research data of which you are not aware - with the Egyptian glyphs being just a small part in the overall scheme of things.

I
I
THEN there are the other 20 or so Studies that affirm a compact disk being present in various ancient times.

Citations please. Extraordinary claims requiring extraordinary evidence and all that.

Bryan

Last edited by ImagingGeek; 08/16/10 06:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.