Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
It looks as if we have a government again.
a government that is more influenced by its people vs its corporate influences.

Yes !! we did.

http://politics.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474978120171

The government bailout didnt even have as much opposition by the GOP as the Health Care Reform bill even though it cost 12.2 TRILLION and the Health care bill cost 900 billion.

but since all that money was being given to CORPORATIONS
I suppose they were all for it.

its only when the AMERICAN PEOPLE get something that really bothers republicans.

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2009/02/04/business/20090205-bailout-totals-graphic.html

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Hey before you get too cocky, we have a government in my country too! Have had for nearly 200 years, fantastic smile

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
LOL

America has been governed for longer than 200 years
its just that in the last decade our government more resembled a corporate ran facist regime.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
My apologies, in advance, for doing something I try not to do-- ie. criticise another's culture--- but here goes anyway!------

Congratulations!

At last the US has done the right thing and is trying to ensure that everyone has the opportunity to stay as healthy as modern medicine can help them to be.

How could it be the right choice to be otherwise?

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Ellis

Thanks
Quote:
How could it be the right choice to be otherwise?

I dont know ! none of the republicans voted for the bill.

there were even democrats that voted No !

what has been so backwards has been the way that the republicans have been acting about the entire bill.

I dont think we have that many rich people in the U.S.
that earn enough money to not benifit from the health care reform bill , so it only stands to reason that the rich have the rest of the republican body fooled into believing that it would be wrong to vote for it.

I remember back when bush was running for president against al gore and talking to people who planned to vote for bush I recall that they seemed to think that if we voted in the rich corporate politicians that they would benifit from it becase they thought the money would trickel down to them.

the money did trickel in fact it was a 8 year downpour of money and it appeared that everything was just getting better and better until it was found that it was all just borrowed and way overvalued.

now there are more poor people in the U.S. and there are also more of the super rich into whos pockets he money flowed into.

B
B
Am A tax payer, allways have been, have allways carried my own ins... am upset that illegal immigranst will get health care when so many tax payers have no health care... What kind of message is that? Come to America and get free healthcare, at the expense of whom? if you pay taxes you should have health care..... there should be no free ride....
We all work hard for what we have!!!!! what effect will this have on SSI?

B
B
Am shocked...... pay your own way or hit the road, no freebees many Americans have worked hard and have paid there own way and carried there own health ins.....
What is the message? Is it come to America, don't pay taxes, get medical ins and free tuition if your illegal...
Bull!

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Bonehead

Quote:
when so many tax payers have no health care... What kind of message is that?

Its not a message its a necessity that all americans have health care.

even those who were carrying health care insurance only to have it canceled when they became sick.

even those who were carrying health care insurance only to have it canceled because they lost their job.

I suppose if the insurance companies would not have began to pick who they were willing to insure there would be no need for this health care reform.

but then again with health care policies rates increasing by 6.7 % every year the current system would have removed most americans before 2018 most likely anyway.

and they would all be going on ssi in order to have some means to pay for some type of health care.

So believe it or not health care reform is a necessity
the government could not afford to outright pay for the burden that insurance companies was causing.

as for the illegal immigrants I believe if they work here they should pay taxes here.

we cant blame our economy on illegal immigrants but we can blame it on our smart buisnessmen who for some strange reason believed that moving all the jobs overseas where the really cheap labor is wouldnt create this bad economy.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.