Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Who is this person? That's awful!

The host says that Australians go to AMERICA to have surgery?????????? I don't think so. We have a great health scheme here that we moan about a lot! We pay through not a huge amount of taxes while working (I forget how much!). All of us are entitled to free treatment in hospital, though we can also take out insurance if we want posher treatment and wine with our dinner. It also helps to get into hospital quicker with 'popular' surgery such a hip-replacement as otherwise there will be a wait (but the operation will be free in a public hospital, as will the hospital stay).

As I am retired and have a state pension I have free visits to my own doctor of choice and my medicines are $5.10c each prescription. If I spend $300 total I get the medicines free until Dec 31. If I were not retired I would still be able to go to any doctor who is a Medicare doctor absolutely free, and I am free to choose them. Some doctors charge more, but $45 is re-embursed and most people are not more than $10 out of pocket (and don't forget they have the option of free treatment.)

It's hard to explain it all in such a short time, but also included are lifestyle counselling, physiotherapy, OT, etc. and dental for children under 16. All childhood vaccinations are free, as is Swine Flu vax and flu vax (for pensioners- others pay $15).

SO WHY WOULD ANY AUSTRALIAN GO TO THE US FOR HEALTH CARE!!!!????

It's actually a nightmare we have if visiting the US- That we may get ill. We always take out heavy health insurance if we are visiting-- even if only to the Transit Lounge!

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Ellis

Nice to hear from you again.

WHO IS THIS GUY , LOL.

He Is one of the fox tv networks mouths of the republican party , along with rush limbaugh and shawn hannity.
and of course the remainder of the content on the fox tv network.

I like to refer to them as the three stoogies.

they are most likely paid by special interest groups or more likely fox tv is paid for there well formed malignant
displays of total ignorance.

In the U.S. our news agencies such as the fox network have devolved from delivering the news to manipulation of the news.

Beck is a good story teller although he tends to write much of the story as he goes ensurring that the story leans in the favor
of his side of the fence by leaving out critical information.

I enjoy watching his show and finding the key information that he leaves out.

You can think of him as a lobbyist on national tv who uses his power to influence those who watch his show.

his stance on topics are mirrored by the paid lobbyist who influence the votes of congress.

I for one think that lobbyist influence on our government should be outlawed , because we vote in someone to carry out our wishes
for our government and in return we only get what the corporations desire for us to have.

I dont remember ever voting for these lobbyist and their influence should be illegal not just accepted.

I will look in the constitution to see if there is any legal means that corporations can use to control our government through political donations.

I just wonder if their donations outweigh our taxes.

and since the corporations want so much control we should just let them foot the whole bill/U.S. budget.

or at least allow them to pay MORE than the people do.

When I watched the below video of beck interviewing
Senator Robert F Kennedy I was astonished at the pig headed way he treated the Senator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alJ8XvAfLwA

and it made me think about the aspects of treason and what the constitution says about treason.

Quote:
Section 3. Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying War against them, or in adhering to their Enemies, giving them Aid and Comfort. No Person shall be convicted of Treason unless on the testimony of two Witnesses to the same overt Act, or on Confession in open court.

levying War against them

I wonder if manipulation of our Government through various
donations to political candidates or political parties could be construded as levying.

I wonder if the intentional manipulation of trade treaties
that would reduce the power of a nation through the reduction of a nations financial sources could be construed as War.

I was just wondering about this.

the U.S. Constitution - 17th Amendment begins

"The Senate of the United States shall be composed of two Senators from each state, elected by the people thereof, for six years; and each Senator shall have one vote."

50 states x 2 votes = 100 votes.

see how important 1 vote can be.
how much money 1 vote could bring.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
I guess the importance of every single vote is the reason why we Aussies are compelled to turn up at the voting booth and receive a ballot form. What we do then is up to us! So I suppose it is that we have compulsory voting opportunity whilst not compulsory voting. The result is mostly we all vote in a reductive system which will sometimes elect the least preferred candidate. But there really isn't that much difference between 'them' anyway!

I can't believe that TV hosts (or radio ones) could be so unpleasant and ill-mannered. It's awful! At least they could be polite whilst being bigots.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Ellis

Its mostly just the republicans and the so called conservatives who carry on like that.

and the conservatives seem to want to form away from the republicans with the newly forming tea party.

which will break the republican party up and neither party will have a decideing number of voters.

what I cant understand about the conservatives is that they are a offshoot of the republicans and the republicans have constantly spent more money than democrats, they have borrowed us into a financial meltdown that could only be patched by more even steeper borrowing.

they seem to think that the U.S. can continue opperating without taxes to pay for what they borrowed and the government cant seem to realize that the only way we can ever recover from this financial demise is to create new jobs.

as it stands without new jobs and the continual loss of jobs the current patches will only widen the gap between workers and non workers who can pay back this debt.

our buisness leaders have led us to our new economy.

but this is not only our problem as it is happening in almost every country.

the lower wages of countries like china , taiwan , mexico
etc , etc has weakened our economy.

after all when a company such as wallmart can build factories in china and pay the employee in china 13 cents an hour to produce almost everything in the wallmart stores why would they build factories in the U.S. where they sell their chinese etc made products.

I believe that the free trade act is designed to bring ruin to the U.S. and other developed nations and if not designed that way it is certainly accomplishing that goal.

the free trade act should be made into the FAIR trade act
where tarrifs or other measures should be imposed to create an evironment that new buisnesses can compete in.

from what I have read the republicans are more apt to continue this destruction of america through the votes they cast.

because the republicans are for the peoples money and the democrats are for the peoples welfare.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.