Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21
A
A
seeeems like theres a disturbingly common cultural theme here. Spose some of these might be tending towards the up to 5%dark matter, rather than the up to 75% dark energy component of the universe at current estimates.
What if this transcultural idiom has some relevance to reality? Seems like "science" is converging on mysticism in this area? wink

10 min of googling brings me these names for this "dark" magic (defn(as i've been advised)/ interaction between the seen and unseen worlds):

dark energy, zero point or vacuum energy,
vril ,chi,qi,ki, Ti, lifesteam, jing
sei ,shou, kundalini, shakti, Kriya, Itcha, Para, Jnana, Mantrika
Mulaprakriti, Prahkti
Geburah, Gedulah, Tiphereth
Ain Soph Aur
holy spirit, spiritu, Spiritus
Cosmic Mother , Urania-Venus, Superior Water, Universal Substance
vibes, aeth, aether, aither, Ether
Aura, lesser light, astral light, life force, Bioplasma
Akasic field, Akarsha, Akasa, Akasa-bhuta, Akasa-sakti, Akasa-tattva, Akasha, Akasha Spirit, Akashic Records, Akasic, Akasic Magnetism, Akasic Records, Akasic Samadhi,
Baraka, Benzar
Animal Magnetism, Vital Life Force Energy
Cosmic Fire, Serpent Fire, Earth Dragon
Od, Odem, Odic Force, Orgone
Tattva, Muladhara (Tattwa of the earth), Svadishana (Tattwa of the water), Manipura (Tattwa of the fire), Anahat (Tattwa of the air), Visuddha ( Tattwa akasa, of the Ether ), Ajna (Adhi Tattwa, of the mind), Sahasrara (Samadhi Tattwa, of the light)
Prana, Brahma, Mana
VIVRR
Vibhu, vibhavan
Bioplasma, Telesma
Dorje, Bajrang, vajra.
Lingam, Shivalingam
the Force, void stuff, wu fu,

A
A
http://www.theglobaleducationproject.org/egypt/articles/cdunn-1.php

I'm a machine milling expert. This guys right. They had large very accurate: 3 axis milling machines, saws, drills and lathes capable of machining the hardest stone faster and more accurately than we can do today.

And by my calcs if you levered up the end of one of those 65ft Baalbek granites it would break in the middle. And hardwood rollers would need 120 of them each compressed to a half inch contact strip to get enough compressive strength from your rollers to last one trip under the stone if you are lucky. So maybe 15000 hardwood rollers per stone delivered.
Still It was probably over 20000 years ago, and they might have used Ice roads and mammoths to tow them there. Or those helicopters etc in reliefs in Abydos.

T
Tymac
Unregistered
Tymac
Unregistered
T
If you build your own telescope within, it is clear that the energy that started the big bang and thus the universe was when God spoke ......... Genesis 1:1

Marchimedes #32260 10/08/09 08:23 PM
M
OP Offline
M
70k views, you kids make me so proud.

Little sumpin I posted elsewhere today...

Another little thought experiment on the speed of light. You know how they say that as you approach the speed of light time is relative? That is if I got into my spaceship the HMS Blowme and went close to the speed of light for a while that when I came back to earth more time would have passes for you than for me? They say they proven this by putting clocks on spaceships and stuff. I wonder. As you know from my wonderful universe expansion acceleration posts the matter of the visible universe is bolting away form all other matter. That would mean that we on earth's time is different from other places in the universe. I guess if you were to plant yourself down in the spot of the big bang then that should be the place where time goes by more slowly than if you where on any of the matter that exists.

Or how about this...?

The Earth is 93 million miles away from the sun, one astronomical unit. AU. Light (a photon?) that escapes the surface of our star and heads our way takes 8 minutes to get here. So that light is traveling at, well, the speed of light, we view that photon when it gets here as taking 8 minutes to have made that journey. How long did it take from the photons point of view? I don't know, still mulling this one over. Like I always say, I have problems wrapping my mind around Einstein's theory of relativity.

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?
Marchimedes #32262 10/09/09 02:41 AM
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
if I shoot a bullet out of a rifle at 3000 fps

does the bullet understand that it cannot travel faster than the speed that light travels?

suppose I was inside a spaceship that was traveling 2999 fps slower than the speed at which light travels , and then I shoot the rifle in the direction that the spaceship is traveling!

will the bullet only travel at 2999 fps because it understands it is not allowed to travel faster?

or will it travel at 3000 fps

does a gas turbine engine have an efficiency of 90% vs a piston engines efficiency of 15%.

so if a piston engine powered car could travel 30 miles on a gallon of gas , then it stands to reason that a gas turbine powered car should travel 180 miles on a gallon of gas.

the reason we think we cant travel faster that the speed at which light travels is most likely because we have been taught that we cant , and we have no real proof , or any real gas turbine electric cars.

even if we did we cant use gasoline to travel that fast.

the reason we dont use gas turbine engines is that they are too efficient and because we dont have any real proof.
because there isnt anyone that will supply any research money to find out.

when obama said that there needs to be research funding made available to the individual inventor that is working on inventions in his garage or workshop he most likely was reffering to the impossibility of those individuals to get any funding for any thing that would save any energy.

yet as far as I can see it is still the large industries that recieve funding and / or inventions that only save a tiny non economicaly impacting amount of energy.

so there you have it , nothing can travel faster than the speed of light and you cant get 180 mpg from a gallon of greed.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #33013 12/19/09 06:45 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: paul
you cant get 180 mpg from a gallon of greed.

Sweet.

They who are called they often say light is a partical or a wave.

They who are called they often say that any mass approaching the speed of light approaches infinate mass.

If light is a partical then these things according so some theys should weigh an aweful lot. Kinda makes gettin a tan rather painful.

They need to get together and hammer this one out.

Somebody, somewhere, is not correct.

Marchimedes #33016 12/19/09 09:47 AM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
What we are given to try to get our heads around is the idea that a photon is a 'packet' of energy that can behave like a particle yet has no mass. Consider also that, as yet, no one knows what it is that gives other 'particles' their mass.

They are getting together at LHC to try to hammer that one out.

Somebody somewhere is not correct?

That's for sure. Physics may be due for an upheaval when some bright spark reconciles quantum theory and general relativity.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
redewenur #33024 12/19/09 10:06 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: redewenur
What we are given to try to get our heads around is the idea that a photon is a 'packet' of energy that can behave like a particle yet has no mass. Consider also that, as yet, no one knows what it is that gives other 'particles' their mass.

I saw that photon deal on TV recently and that's what got me started in on the mass of light. And then you make me think about the mass of particles. If particles have any mass, and they are travelling at the speed of light, then wouldn't that negate the theory that as mass approaches the speed of light it approaches infinate mass? Just like that, right?

Quote:
They are getting together at LHC to try to hammer that one out.

Somebody somewhere is not correct?

That's for sure. Physics may be due for an upheaval when some bright spark reconciles quantum theory and general relativity.

I'm no physisist, heck, can't even spell it but I like to think I have some game when I comes to thinking and I've got buku problems with both theories.

And then there is the speed of gravity...

And, of course, my theories of the universes expansion acceleration. Have you noticed even with 80k views no one has poked a hole in my theories yet?

Just thought I'd pat myself on the back there but really I think that means sumpin. Like my pyramid threory, which I haven't finished posting here yet, but so far over the years I've easily a quarter million views on that and still no flaws found with that yet.

I'm not hlding my breath waiting on the Nobel commitie calling me though.

They should call. I mean if they gonna give Algore a Nobel and he thinks the Earth is several million degrees just a few kilometers down...well, they should call.

Look at it like this, I'd give a heck of a acceptence speech...

M
OP Offline
M
I notice a few little red x's and some missing drawings. Here's some pyramid stuff that may help...

This one is fairly impotent as it splains my little leveling invention and the leveling the pyramid base/foundation won't make much cents without it...

This belongs in there somewhere. One of these days I may go get it all in order...

Fun with air shafts...

A more betterer drawing on the step idea...

And I think that's about all I have so far for pyramids. Put it all together and think a little and you'll know more than most Egyptologists.

Oh my, how embarrassing, the orign of the whole theory, how to get a block up a 6" step.

NOW, stuff might make some cents and some of your questions should be answered.

Marchimedes #33032 12/20/09 05:42 AM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Originally Posted By: Marchimedes
If particles have any mass, and they are travelling at the speed of light, then wouldn't that negate the theory that as mass approaches the speed of light it approaches infinate mass? Just like that, right?

Yes it would. But there's no longer any "If" about it. Decades of particle collider experiments consistently and precisely confirm the predictions of special relativity theory. So will the electricity bills LHC receives for accelerating protons to 99.9999991% of the speed of light.

M
OP Offline
M
My bad, went through the thread and I see that a few images have went away.

Why didn't someone tell me?

So far so good I think. Bear with me.

M
OP Offline
M

And I think that is all of theory #1.

Marchimedes #33115 12/29/09 08:31 PM
M
OP Offline
M

Marchimedes #33117 12/30/09 01:36 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I find myself oddly grateful for this.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
I find myself oddly grateful for this.

but I'll roll anyway.

Kinda like you are caught looking at a train wreck, a quilty pleasure, forbidden love.

Lemme better space #3, it's like the universe is at that point with the paddle ball

like where the ball is ALMOST at it's outermost point and is gettin ready to come back.

Yea, the universe like that. As per space #3.

And hey, FF? You might not want to reply to my crap, folks around these here parts are probably lookin at you all funny like now.

"Ah, yea, that's the guy that answered Marchimedes, we gots to keep an eye on that dude, any second now he might go South".

Trust me FF, I know my way around these forums.

Don't worry about me, I'm looking at 80k+ views, hardly any replies, I'm good bro, just the way I like it.

Means folks are reading but yet can't find a real problem with my stuff.

In the world of scientific theory, does it get any better than that?

Giddyup.

Marchimedes #33122 12/30/09 06:15 AM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
How does it feel to be on a forum where your efforts are appreciated? No, really. You do have some fascinating ideas - even if they're often short on fact and long on fancy. And you don't take yourself too seriously, so you obviously don't expect anyone to take you seriously. You present a humorous and welcome parody of the ridiculous/pathetic cranks who pollute the net with bunk in the guise of science. Thank you, Marchimedes.

redewenur #33123 12/30/09 07:19 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: redewenur
How does it feel to be on a forum where your efforts are appreciated? No, really.

I friggin love it. Why else am I still here? Besides the fact that I'm not yet banned. I believe I say "thank you for reading" now and again.

Quote:
You do have some fascinating ideas - even if they're often short on fact and long on fancy.

Why thank you-

I like to think I'm short on facts cause the facts are short. I deal with the facts as I know them.

Your term "fancy" would be my term "theory".

Quote:
And you don't take yourself too seriously, so you obviously don't expect anyone to take you seriously.

Please to not mistake my way of posting my theories as meaning that I haven't spent buku time and thought on them.

I ask over and over and over again for you kids to say exactly way my crap don't fly.

You present a humorous and welcome parody of the ridiculous/pathetic cranks who pollute the net with bunk in the guise of science. Thank you, Marchimedes.

Well, I do try.

Over the years I've found I get read way more if I throw some little humor in.

After all, if I post and it don't get read then all I'm doing is practicing typing.

Nah, I've moved too many safes in the matter described for any one to tell me it can't be done exactly as how I describe it. Space? Well, I don't have a friggin clue. But the only difference between me and htey who are called that in the know is that I have found a way to explain why mass is accelerating away from other mass without making crap up.

I'm here cause I 'm looking for folks to tell me why my ideas don't work.

I've been at this for years and I'm still waiting for post #1 on why my theories won't work.

It really is that simple.

If I can tell a few jokes along with it all in my small world still doesn't mean I can't build a pyramid.

or...

as I say so often...

just cause I can't spell pyramid don't mean I can't build the friggin thing.

M
OP Offline
M
Bt now you (explicative deleted as I first posted this at a liberal web site where they love me dearly, as you can imagine) know I can't stands scientists that say "is" or "isn't" before they should be saying these things. "Might" or "might not" I can deal with. And no, this post an't about the 'global warming is %100 mad made' idiots. They're too easy. It's about the precambrian extinction. About 600 million years or so ago a lot of life died. Lotsa theories. A solar event is a good one, gamma ray burster maybe, and the usual giant meteor strike deal. Seen some few shows about blokes looking for the impact crater, we gots stuff in space now that makes this pretty easy, and so far a real good candidate for the crater ain't been found causing some few so-called scientists to get their dander up and 'proclaim' that as there is no giant crater from back then then that 'absolutely' rules out a meteor strike. But I thought of sumpin. Know what a subduction zone is? Here ya go...

http://images.google.com/images?q=subduction+zones&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF&um=1&ie=UTF-8&ei=r-A_S8bsOsyutgfm4bCGCQ&sa=X&oi=image_result_group&ct=title&resnum=4&ved=0CCAQsAQwAw

the first one from that page...

So if the crater where at the plate that is going under another plate the evidence would by now be magma. No evidence.

Not saying that this is what caused the precambrian extintion, or that it didn't, just pointing out that these PhDs on TV are wrong when they say "can't", that's all. They must be giving these doctorate degrees away.

M
OP Offline
M

M
OP Offline
M
I have replaced the lost obelisk post, here ya go, same deal, copy and email and hand out to anyone you know, people you don't like get two copies.

Page 6 of 21 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.