Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Recently idea emerged, LHC couldn't possibly have world-ending consequences if we still exist in the future to come back and stop it. This post is motivated by recent paper by H. Nielsen and M. Ninomiya, related NewScientist article and New York Times essay, in which organized effort in finding of Higgs boson would be inherently predestined to become unsuccessful in laws of thermodynamics and quantum mechanics. Article proposes an explanation, why USA Congress stopped the funding for the USA's SSC in 1993, and why the LHC itself suffered an embarrassing meltdown shortly after starting up last year just by this aspect of time travel behavior.

Such ideas are dangerously similar to belief in guardian angels - a hypothetical supersymmetric creatures of Holy Church era surrounding massive objects and living into future. ...

Should we start to pray for it?

http://aetherwavetheory.blogspot.com/2009/10/can-time-travelling-higgs-sabotage-lhc.html

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Pinku, I hope your post is deleted as well as this one. I also hope your account will be deleted. I don't expect you will be back.

Superstar
Superstar
Sorry, TFF. I deleted his account and the other posts he made, must have missed this one.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.