Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
OP Offline
S
The God spoke in the darkness: “Let there be light !”
. . . . . . . .
And the God said in the darkness:
Let there be light: and there was light.
So, we must examine three conceptions: God, darkness and light.
In the darkness it means in the spacetime of dark mass/ energy.
The spacetime of dark mass/ energy it means in the Vacuum.
The Vacuum is the Infinite/ Eternal Homogeneous Space
of the lowest ( the background ) level of Energy: E= 0.
The Vacuum is the Infinite/ Eternal Homogeneous Space
of the lowest ( the background ) level of temperature: T= 0K.
The God is hidden into the Infinite/ Eternal Homogeneous
Energy Space and we don’t know that to say about Him/ Her/ It.
But we know, that according to Quantum Physics a virtual
energetic particles can exist in this Infinite/ Eternal
Homogeneous Energy Space.
So, we can suppose that, maybe, from these virtual energetic
particles the God created light/ quantum of light.
So, in the beginning God created the Light.
How did He do it?
The Bible explain us that the God created the light very easy.
God simply said: ‘Let there be light: and there was light.’
And for many years everybody adopted this convincing proof
without any doubt.
Only poor Einstein had doubts. He wrote sadly :
‘ All these fifty years of conscious brooding have brought me
no nearer to the answer to the question, 'What are light quanta?'
Nowadays every Tom, Dick and Harry thinks he knows it,
but he is mistaken. ‘
But Tom, Dick and Harry laughed.
‘What cannot the old Jew understand?’ they said bewilder.
‘ Isn’t clear that quantum of light is a simply wave-particle,
of course, simultaneously ?’
. . . . .
And now one part of mankind ( Religious part ) believes that
God created the light in very easy way.
And the other part of mankind ( Scientific part ) believes that
the light is the quantum of light which simply has his own
wave-particle abilities, of course, simultaneously.

These two great Mystical beliefs govern on the planet Earth
without understand each other. This is situation that we have now.
===============================.
Best wishes.
Israel Sadovnik Socratus
===============.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Quote:

The God spoke in the darkness: “Let there be light !”

The following from "Genesis" tends to lead to the idea that God created from someplace other than darkness and that in the beginning God created heaven and earth without form and it was lifeless or void of life in the effect of being pure potential or the essence of consciousness. It also indicates that darkness was upon the face of the deep (Consciousness without thought or stillness of potential). The deep would be the unbounded ocean referred to also as the cosmic waters of the unmanifest. The face of the waters of which lay upon the surface of the ocean then rippled with waves that is creation, or reflection of the universal mind which lay within the depths of the cosmic waters. (The order within the universe.) Any reflection would have to be the reflection of light (consciousness in activity) upon a surface that can reflect consciousness in activity which is awareness. The separation of light and darkness is the duality of the un-manifest and the reflection of the un-manifest as light upon the cosmic waters as experienced thru conscious awareness or consciousness aware of itself.

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Two of my friends, bf and gf, went to the theater when LoTR came out. In the seat in front of them sat another couple, much younger. The younger couple were talking about the movies and the girl casually remarked about the genius of the fiction whereupon the boy launched into a tirade against her, "SEE! This is why I can't take you anywhere! You're so stupid! How could you believe this is just a story! Nobody could just IMAGINE all this! OF COURSE IT REALLY HAPPENED!" I've toned down the language considerably. My friends were mortified.

Poor lunatic boy. Poor abused girl. Hopefully they can get the counseling they need - he to recognize reality and she to find someone who respects her.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Indeed. When judgment toward the ideals of another cease to exist, there will be no need to sit smug within ones own ideal world condemning everything that doesn't fit into it. Then, possibly man will open up to the possibility of Truth in such a diverse system of thoughts and experiences, rather than isolate ones self in personal realities.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
That probably sounds a lot more profound when one is inebriated or scientifically illiterate.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
It probably sounds good to anyone who isn't self absorbed.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
.......'rather than isolate ones self in personal realities' wrote TT

Surely personal realities are ultimately all we have! They are the reason we are as we are, they are the reason for our individuality. Having a robust sense of one's own reality will certainly lead to much more exploration of the multitude of possibilities that exist in the beliefs and ideas that we encounter. Such self-knowledge also allows for rejection of those same ideas and beliefs as irrelevant and/or personally unnecessary.

Though maybe FF's right-- it's easier, and not nearly such hard work, if you are drunk or illiterate. l

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Ellis
.......'rather than isolate ones self in personal realities' wrote TT

Surely personal realities are ultimately all we have!

Certainly we can become self absorbed in the idea that the personal reality is all that matters.
They are the reason we are as we are, they are the reason for our individuality.

Individuality is not without the ability to expand upon an experience to see if there is more to reality than what the personality chooses as the identification of personality, and the extent of the personal reality.

Having a robust sense of one's own reality will certainly lead to much more exploration of the multitude of possibilities that exist in the beliefs and ideas that we encounter. Such self-knowledge also allows for rejection of those same ideas and beliefs as irrelevant and/or personally unnecessary.

The personality sees what it looks for, hears what it listens for and becomes what it chooses to be according to changing beliefs and personal opinions. Life is a great teacher but the teacher is only as great as the student.
Certainly a robust sense of ones own reality is relative to personal beliefs. There have been many robust personalities of self claimed stature, Hitler, Napoleon, Caesar, Genghis Kahn. Moses, Mother Mira, Jesus, Buddha, St. Theresa. Compassion varies along with patience and the ability to comprehend the personality within reality when one has an objective point of view of personality that is not bound by the ego.

Though maybe FF's right-- it's easier, and not nearly such hard work, if you are drunk or illiterate. l
Obviously. It requires a lot less energy/thought, to judge and separate ones self from any ideas of idealism when one is self absorbed within their own world. To put any effort forward to have an open mind with the patience to observe something that is an irritation to ones own sense of a personal reality would be painful to someone who feels the opposing thought is an affront to ones own personal reality.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

The irony meter just broke. Of course the thoughts of those who are not self-absorbed are a mystery to you, but ignorance doesn't usually stop people from bloviating with authority.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

..ignorance doesn't usually stop people from bloviating with authority.
I can see that. Not to worry tho, if you change your diet, lose some weight, get some exercise and breathe some fresh air, it could put you in a better frame of mind to help you come to the choice to evolve beyond this.

E
E
I see Socratus is playing "face in the cloud" games again !

Attempts to match the constantly evolving paradigms of science with the semantic gymnastics of biblical interpretation seem pretty futile to me unless you are a naive realist with theological leanings.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
hahaha... Chopra doesn't have a clue and Kaku tries to bring actual understanding into the conversation, but Chopra can't help mangling the science.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Two ego's bringing their own language and church into to the subjective idea?

Someone might need to take a side based on personal systems of belief, or someone might project an opinion of righteousness based on their own attachment to dogma and personal beliefs, but I thought they both got excited about what was being said. Being that two excitable boys were playing in the sandbox with the same sand, each of them were anxious to share their own experiences regardless of any personal system of identification, and regardless of the boundaries within the terms of personal histories and any external authoritative approval of approach.

(Neither of them were calling each other dumb sh*t or casting dispersions upon one another..Maybe they realized someone else already had that job whistle )

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Not casting aspersions, but the look on Michio's face is classic. He's obviously horrified that Chopra is mangling the science to pretend it aligns with his superstition. This is great stuff - keep recommending it!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I think it was evident that each was willing to take each others viewpoint into their own realm of dialogue without the thought of destroying the others perspective in assuming a medium of greater authority.
Michio seems quite comfortable with the conversation. I think you might be projecting your own horror that these two individuals might actually get along and have a civil dialogue.
Unless we can actually place ourselves in another's thoughts and experiences we all have our opinions about what others are thinking and saying, don't we...?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

Kaku is trying not to offend his host by redirecting him instead of outright correcting him. It's funny stuff, but he should take the more direct route that Dawkins takes:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-FaXD_igv4

If you don't tell them outright they're just wrong, they take it as default evidence that that even if you don't agree with them, you at least don't disagree with them.

Still, you're right the dialogue is civil - and torturous for Michio.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend

If you don't tell them outright they're just wrong, they take it as default evidence that that even if you don't agree with them, you at least don't disagree with them.

I agree.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlZtEjtlirc&feature=related

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
By Genesis formation of life occurred in six steps, non-uniformly distributed in space-time scale, but equidistantly separated in entropy density scale ("days"). The first stage was a formation of space and time ("heavens and the earth") inside of graviton condensate ("darkness over the deep and God's breath (Aether) hovering over the waters" (waves?)). Gravitons are ambivalent particles, serving both like boson, both like fermions due the supersymmetry.

http://aetherwavetheory.blogspot.com/2009/02/awt-genesis-and-precambrian-explosion.html

During Big Bang event (''let there be light") phase transition of space-time has occurred, followed by separation of first generation of bosons, i.e. photons ("God separated the light from the darkness") in process of so called inflation, which resulted into condensation of black hole dome, forming observable generation of Universe ("let there be a dome in the midst of the waters"), i.e. the vacuum in particular ("God called the dome Sky").

This brings a hell and heaven archetype, as the outer surface of black hole resembles an attracting hole of the hell, glowing in dark red via Hawking mechanism - while the same artifact from inside would appear like reflecting and repulsive bladachino tabernacle resembling the mirror-like silver sky with bluish cloud undulating majestically, i.e. a heavens. Maybe we are really a remote descendants of ancient creatures, who passed the event horizon of small black hole to escape its collapse and space-rip in distant past, who knows?

http://aetherwavetheory.blogspot.com/2008/10/archetypes-symbols-and-aether-concept.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.