Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 381 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
E
E
BTW I find it a disgrace that you consider the use of the term 'retard' to be a reference anyone other than paul, I certainly never inferred that and I am surprised that you seem to equate it with the 'disabled' to which you refer.

Eduardo
Resistance is futile. Capacitance is efficacious.
There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Incorrigable fukwit maybe. The term, while unpleasant and rude, is meaningless.

But RETARD --- NO NO NO.

If you cannot see the difference you must try to learn what it is, because a disability has a meaning that is more than a term of abuse.

E
E
I find it unbelievable that you genuinely refer to the disabled as retards.
This is truly shocking to me.
you are a cruel person.

Eduardo
Resistance is futile. Capacitance is efficacious.
There are 10 types of people in the world... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
I now understand the problem which is that you, like many others, do not understand the reason why 'retard' is such a revolting term, as is idiot, mongol and others. The fact is that retardation and so on were medical terms applied to people whose intellect was deemed to be well below average. This intellectual deficit, Eduardo, is the disability I refer to. The terms were not in general usage, but were adopted by people who wanted to insult people to whom they felt superior, so they used terms, which described the disability of others, as being the worst gross and horrible insult that they could think of.

Eduardo- I can assure you that people who have a disability become quite upset by the behaviour of the lucky majority like you and me, who do not have obvious impairment, making fun of them in the way that you did when you insulted Paul. They know that their disability, like skin colour, is often the first thing that is noticed-- and they are judged accordingly.

Please try not to use this word as a term of abuse ... In fact try not to use terms of abuse at all. Such language usually indicates paucity of vocabulary, and makes one look rather silly.

Superstar
Superstar
Eduardo,
It's good to see you back. The forum has changed a good bit since you were here three years ago. Name calling and insults are no longer tolerated. Please clean up your language or I will edit your posts. At the extreme you face banning from the forum for incendiary posts. You will notice that Daniel Morgan is no longer with us, for reasons similar to what you are posting. Please respond with respect or not at all. Thanks.

Amaranth Rose

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
ed

I noticed the wording and your appearance in your first post in the three glorious years that you were gone?

which reminded me of the following web page that covers name calling.

you being someone who never has an idea or any type of usefull contribution to add to a discussion other than your one line critisism that trolls around looking for some place to leave his impression , thinking in your mind that making someone else look like an idiot might just make you look smart.

from what I have seen of you my impression is that if you have some type of degree in anything it was most likely purchased at wallmart.

Name Calling
http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/h2g2/A188165
Name calling is an age-old and easy method of making a person feel bad about him or herself by turning an embarrassing trait into a vicious name and repeating it in a very loud, sarcastic voice. Many psychologists believe that name calling is a way to make the name caller (or perhaps bully) feel much better about themselves, but everyone else simply goes by the belief that being called names makes you feel pretty bad about yourself, regardless of the psychology behind it all, or whether the person who has just called you 'dogbreath' is feeling bad about themselves. Name calling can be divided into stages, explained further in the following.

Stage One

The first stage of name calling is simply picking a target, usually someone who is smaller or less popular than yourself1, and calling them a rude name. Name calling seems to be a rite of passage in many cultures, teenagers making it a point of practising the apparent fine art. It can, however, also be a sign of affection, from parents to their children,

The following is a fun and happy list of some different kinds of bacteria:

pneumococcus
Tuberculosis
Syphillis

Streptococcus
E. Coli

Staphylococcus
Tetanus

Scarlet fever
Diphtheria

rheumatic fever

Plague, Black Death (bacillus) - lymph nodes become inflamed forming "buboes" Hence, the name bubonic plague.

http://www.mansfieldct.org/schools/mms/staff/hand/Immunebacteriavsviruses.htm

Bacterial Pneumonia

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/bacterial_pneumonia/article_em.htm

Pneumonia

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/pneumonia/DS00135

I could just as easily call you out as the retard that you present yourself as being by your typical name calling to those who know more than yourself.

but I dont call you a retard because that would be something that a retard would do.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
rose

ed is just trying to use his superior intelect to try and rejoin into the group , he chooses this method as it is easier and it is most likely the only way he knows to make friends and to join groups and such.

its been three years so he might be 13 years old by now , from the way he presents himself.

and this is the way teenagers make new friends these days.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
making fun of them in the way that you did when you insulted Paul.

Ellis

I didnt take any offence from ed , I remember the type of person that he was back then , and he is just still that same type of person.

in other words ( I consider the source )

it would take alot for ed to insult me , and meanwhile he would only insult himself.

Superstar
Superstar
Enough already, or I'll ban you both.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.