Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
OP Offline
D
Oneness of God of different religions

Every religion says that its God created the entire earth and entire humanity. But, unfortunately there is only one earth containing this humanity. Due to one earth, there must be one God only and hence all the religions are calling the same God by different names. Since the God is unimaginable and nobody can even imagine Him, all the names are indicating that unseen and unimaginable God only. This unimaginable God is mediated by energy. Such mediated God is also one and the same because energy is also one and the same for all religions. This mediated God is called as Brahman by Hinduism, Jehovah by Christianity and Allah by Islam. The absolute unimaginable God as well as the medium [Energy] are one and the same and hence there is no difference between these three names.

Of course, when the absolute God gets mediated by human bodies, there may be minute difference in the form, culture and language of the external human form as in the case of Krishna of Hinduism, Jesus of Christianity and Mohammad of Islam. Even here the material of the human body is one and the same except slight variation in the external form. From the point of absolute God, here also there is no trace of difference and hence all these three human forms are also one and the same.

www.universal-spirituality.org

J
J
I've always believed that no matter what name people choose to call God by, there is one ultimate creator....otherwise how would anything exist,including us as humans?...everything comes from something right?take anything man made for example(homes,cars,phones,etc.) these things would not be if someone had not created them 1st. Same way with nature,the universe and all of its inhabitants, of which would not exist without someone creating all of it.

Im here to get some thoughts out and to hear others.I guess you could say im just a curious person!
Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: jondo1976
I've always believed that no matter what name people choose to call God by, there is one ultimate creator...
... Same way with nature,the universe and all of its inhabitants, of which would not exist without someone creating all of it.
Right on, Jondo! And the symbol which I use for the someONE is G0D. And note: I use a "capital" zero--the noTHING,from which ALL things come.

Orthodox Jews use G-d to symbolize the same concept. The Hebrew is Elohim, The Arabic is Allah, the Greek is Theos, the Latin is Deo, the French is Dieu, and on, and on....In my opinion, the important thing is: living what we believe. Deeds, not just creeds.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
J
J
I think it was meant to be that way too.From the beggining people have always had differences in religion, it goes all the way back to the 12 tribes of israel.In the Bible at the time there was one language among the people God confused there speech and seperated the people,therefor creating culture. My personal belief is that we are all meant to be different and have different outlooks on life, otherwise how would we learn from each other?

Im here to get some thoughts out and to hear others.I guess you could say im just a curious person!
Why restrict your thinking, let there be many gods

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: shiva108
Why restrict your thinking, let there be many gods
As many as there are atoms? Or even particles?

Perhaps we need to ask: What is a god?

The bottom line, for me is: Does what I believe make me be a better person?

BTW, I can accept that G0D as the Oneness is in and through the ALLness.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
shiva 108 wrote;
"Why restrict your thinking, let there be many gods.."

Or maybe none at all.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Ellis
shiva 108 wrote;
"Why restrict your thinking, let there be many gods.."

Or maybe none at all.
Ellis, I assume you have difficulty with words like gods or G0D. I wonder why. Perhaps it is the imagery which such words bring to your mind. What imagery do they bring to your mind?

The great German theologian and minister, Paul Tillich, was asked to describe what came to his mind when he used the word God. He replied: "For me, God is the ground of all being." I like this, and I am glad to include it as part of the concept I have in mind when I think of G0D.

Without insisting that you have to believe in something, may I ask: Do you have a ground of all being? Maybe you are even uncomfortable with words like belief and faith. Maybe you "worship" secularism. That is, perhaps you see the physical world as it is as your only reality--as the ground of all the meaning and belief there is for you.

============================================
ABOUT THE THEOLOGY AND PHILOSOPHY OF TILLICH
============================================
I googled on Paul Tillich (1886-1965) and found lots of interesting stuff about him and his era, including
http://www.theology.ie/theologians/tillich.htm

================================================
THE FOLLOWING IS AN INTERESTING QUOTE:

The Church Against the World by H. Richard Niebuhr, Wilhelm Pauck and Francis P. Miller

Part I: The Crisis of Religion, by Wilhelm Pauck

"It is likely that at all times in human history many men and women have spent their lives unaware of the deeper meanings of existence.

"But surely there have been few historical periods in which men were so disillusioned about the meaningfulness of life as they are in our own era. ... "

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/12/09 03:46 PM. Reason: communicaton

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Rev--- We have a history on this topic!!!

As you know I do not object to the idea of a god, although I cannot myself accept the existence of the divine in any of its forms. I don't think I worship anything else, and certainly not secularism. However who am I to say that someone's faith is 'wrong'? And I think you will agree that I do not mock the reality of other people's faith.

I can, and do, however challenge the so-called facts that lie at the basis of some beliefs.

PS-I thought you had dubbed me a secular humanist!! I liked that and tell people that maybe that's what I am! I will agree that recently, especially in the US, atheists have become rather shrill and didactic, not a nice sight.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Ellis
... PS-I thought you had dubbed me a secular humanist!! I liked that and tell people that maybe that's what I am!... I will agree that recently, especially in the US, atheists have become rather shrill and didactic (you mean arrogantly so?), not a nice sight.
Okay, I am comfortable with moral, ethical, loving, non shrill and non didactic humanism.

Okay, without my being shrill or arrogantly didactic about it, I am also comfortable with saying: The universe, in all its mystery and majesty, is for me--to the extent that I perceive it with the senses--a fact.

G0D, as I understand the concept, and the universe--physically, mentally and spiritually--are, for me, one and the same. Therefore, for me, G0D--all goodness, order and desirable design--is a fact. I can say: I experience, not just believe in, GOD. Carl Jung said something similar in a famous BBC interview.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
I can say: I experience, not just believe in, GOD
You're just experiencing a self-suggestion. Try holotropic breathwork, and your feeling may be similar or even more intensive.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Zephir
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
I can say: I experience, not just believe in, GOD
You're just experiencing a self-suggestion. Try holotropic breathwork, and your feeling may be similar or even more intensive.
Sounds good to me, Zephir!
What, in your view, is a "holotropic breathwork"?

BTW, Zephir, who are you? Your profile tells me, zero.

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/14/09 01:38 AM.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
"Originally Posted By: Ellis
... PS-I thought you had dubbed me a secular humanist!! I liked that and tell people that maybe that's what I am!... I will agree that recently, especially in the US, atheists have become rather shrill and didactic, not a nice sight.

Rev wrote
Okay, I am comfortable with moral, ethical, loving, non shrill and non didactic humanism."

My reply:
So that's OK then--steady as she goes-- business as usual.

Last edited by Ellis; 08/14/09 04:48 AM. Reason: edited out Rev's edit.
Megastar
Megastar
OK, if there is not one already, I now ordain you as the first lady bishop of Humble--to include all the great and loving virtues--Secular Humanism in Australia. smile grin

But seriously, as an open-minded, accepting and liberal-thinking Christian--that is, a student of the teachings of Jesus, who lived the life of unconditional love--I would have no problem working with a religion based on humble secular humanism designed to do good for all human kind and the planet.

Check out Luke 9:49-50, and Mark 9:38-40, where Jesus tells his disciples to be willing to work with all who do good, even if they are not members of our group.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.