Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
There is no need for envy or fear of the future. No need for selfishness. We should look at everyone as the Whole.
Before I go on, I should explain (although you would already know this) that not everyone knows they are part of the Whole.

Andrea:But they still would be?

Yes, but, like an arm that has gone to sleep because some of the circulation has been cut off, they are separate.
Andrea:

But you said..?

The arm with the circulation partly cut off has the blood, life force, still circulating. The arm is joined to the body but it feels separate and is not good for the body.
We can still acknowledge that it (those unaware) is part of us but we need to do something about it.

Andrea:I see, make it/them aware.

Yes, rub the circulation back (lol), support, understand. Or, in some cases, keep away.

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
I've just come from the "Philosophy of Religions--all religions" thread.

Is there an echo in here?

There never was nothing.
K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Must be lol!

O
Megastar
Megastar
O
Originally Posted By: Bill S.
I've just come from the "Philosophy of Religions--all religions" thread.

Is there an echo in here?

I was going for the concept of a "hole" one big enough to put you and your infinity argument in :-)

Last edited by Orac; 09/06/12 04:15 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Bet the Rev. Makes some comment toward civility.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Kyra M
There is no need for envy or fear of the future. No need for selfishness. We should look at everyone as the Whole....
Kyra, thanks for your comment about the value of being positive and altruistic.

Interestingly, I just finished spending much of the evening listening to the news of what is happening at the convention to nominate the next president of the USA. http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/?hpt=hp_c2

LOTS OF INTERESTING AND POSITIVE COMMENTS
In his nomination speech for Barak Obamma, former president, Bill Clinton spoke for 48 minutes. In it he summed up his feeling about the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. Here is one of his comments: "The Republicans tell Americans: Fellow Americans, you are on your own...; the messages from the Democrats is: Fellow Americans, we are in it, together ... We are here to solve our problems by being constructive and cooperative with one another."

Last edited by Revlgking; 09/06/12 05:20 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Kyra, thanks for your comment about the value of being positive and altruistic.

I must be psychic

Interestingly, I just finished spending much of the evening listening to the news of what is happening at the convention to nominate the next president of the USA. http://edition.cnn.com/ELECTION/2012/?hpt=hp_c2

In his nomination speech for Barak Obamma, former president, Bill Clinton spoke for 48 minutes. In it he summed up his feeling about the difference between the Republicans and the Democrats. Here is one of his comments: "The Republicans tell Americans: Fellow Americans, you are on your own...; the messages from the Democrats is: Fellow Americans, we are in it, together ... We are here to solve our problems by being constructive and cooperative with one another."
And you bought it?

Idealism goes along way. That and a dollar will get you a cup of coffee.

Kinda like the Christians being throw to the lions. I'm sure they were positive God would take care of them. Maybe so but they were ripped to shreds anyway.
So obviously God had a plan that was other than the human ideal. Seems to perpetuate itself even in politics. Regardless of who claims the best image, neither of them shine on after the elections when someone decides to complain about what they don't like.
Even if you decide to be positive about lining up at the food bank, (that at least your eating) all memories of having a home to live in and having lost it to the ripple effect of a government that spends more money protecting oil interests than preserving industry on it's own soil and feeding its hungry, kinda outweighs the positive aspects of Government advertising the idea of "We being in this together."
Government Politicians like Senators and Presidents don't live under the same rules that they push onto the voters that put them into office. We really don't have a government that is for or OF the people, who are in this country. Unless you are one of those special interest idealists, with an agenda.

Right Rev? Even you have a history of taking a situation and pointing fingers at what you don't accept as part of the G~O~D (Good orderly and desirable). Obviously you don't see G~O~D in everything and everything as part of the whole.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/09/05..._n_1857814.html

Something positive for the hungry in America to focus on.

This is what matters

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

From the Associated Press:
THE FACTS: From Clinton's speech, voters would have no idea that the inflexibility of both parties is to blame for much of the gridlock. Right from the beginning Obama brought in as his first chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel, a man known for his getting his way, not for getting along.

One of the more high-profile examples of a deal that fell apart was the outline of a proposed "grand bargain" budget agreement between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner in 2011.

The deal would have required compromise from both sides. It slashed domestic spending more than most Democrats wanted and would have raised some taxes, which most Republicans oppose.

Boehner couldn't sell the plan to tea party factions in the House or to other conservative activists. And Obama found himself accused of going too far by some Democratic leaders. The deal died before it ever even came up for a vote.

In another instance, Obama appointed a bipartisan group, known as the Simpsons-Bowles Commission, to recommend ways to fix major fiscal problems like Social Security and Medicare. The commission issued its recommendations but fell three votes short of formally endorsing them. And Obama mostly walked away from the report. He later incorporated some of the less contentious proposals from the report into legislation he supported.

But that ensured the tough compromises would not get made.

The problem with compromising in Washington is that there are few true moderates left in either party. The notion that Republicans are the only ones standing in the way of compromise is inaccurate.

Megastar
Megastar
ABOUT THE FINANCIAL CRISIS OF 2008--the effects of which, including the envy and fear you mention, are still with us
Kyra, take a look of some of the things I wrote at the time. Also, I ask, are you, or anyone, in touch with any--experts or amateurs--with an interest in economics?

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
ABOUT including the envy and fear you mention, are still with us
Regarding envy and fear.... wink
Kris Jenner Feels Threatened By Honey Boo Boo

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Rev,
Sorry I haven't replied sooner. I only visit here occasionally. In answer to your question, no, I'm not in touch with anyone into economics.
BTW I've been doing your colour relaxing technique. It really does work and it's fascinating to visualize the colours, often more vibrant than reality : - )

Megastar
Megastar
Hi Rev,...
BTW I've been doing your colour relaxing technique. It really does work and it's fascinating to visualize the colours, often more vibrant than reality : - )
Now that is a G~0~d-like piece of information, thanks. In all this, I think of myself, not as an expert, a know it all, but as a student.

ABOUT THE ART OF MINDFULNESS--and the ARISING NEW CONSCIOUSNESS
In my classes on pneumatology, I first started using the primary-colours approach, as part of what I call META-tation, in the mid-1960's. I still use it with people who phone me or who come to see me for help.

GETTING OUT OF MIND/BODY EGO TRAPS
I find it a very effective way to help myself and others get in the NOW--the way out of being stuck in the past (regrets) and/or the future (fears)--both time-based illusions--heavy burdens we need not bear.

BTW, Kyra, take note of the series of threads which I started recently. Feel free to join the dialogue and add some of your ideas.

Also, take note of the the long-running thread, which was started by my son, Turner--Philosophy of Religion, all religions...--That was on his 'puter in February, 2007. I am using this thread as a launching pad for the series I refered to above.

Megastar
Megastar
Quote:
BROWSING THE THREADS OF SCIENCE-A-GOGO
Kyra, thanks to browsing SAGG I just came across the following information: It is found on the pages of an interestesting and relatively-young university at Melbourne, Australia.

One of the special topics on which it focusses is modern astronomy--of deep interest to all of us who have so many questions, like for starters:

What is the cosmos?
Did it, or did it not have a beginning?
What can we learn from reading about modern astronomy, especially astrophysics?

It would be interesting to know what the author of Genesis had in mind when he/she wrote: "In the beginning God created..."

Just take look at the following:

http://www.swinburne.edu.au/

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/

http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/cosmos/V/Vacuum
=============================================
With respect for all honestly-held opinions, as a unitheist here is my opinion: I am not a creationist. However, I have the feeling that, in the NOW, each of us has the potential to be the creators of much good, or much evil. The choice is ours.

Nor do I--an amateur who simply loves to learn the best that science has to offer--make any claim to being an expert.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/24/12 10:49 PM.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Hi Rev,

As usual I haven't looked on here for while, so sorry for the late response. In a bit of synchronicity I was just talking with my husband about the cosmos, the other evening, after we had watched a Stephen Hawking special. I said that I thought space was a vacuum a 'nothingness' and therefore didn't need a creator as such. So I was very interested to read about vacuums on the last link you sent me. Thanks for that!
Have a great Christmas and a wonderful new year.
Hugs and best, Myra.

K
Kyra M Offline OP
OP Offline
K
The Concept of the Whole and Threadism ©Kyra K 2009
Andrea is discussing this with me.

NB: Very interesting comments re dark Matter and Dark energy on cardiologist Pim Van Lommel's YouTube post written in May 2013

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glKccJ5YUcg

I don’t know, Andrea, maybe it’s not that different from what others have written.
Probably not. So, when do you want to start?[Remember, you did ask me to help you.)
Yes, I need someone to ask me questions and bounce back (with more questions to my answers). It’s all speculation you know.
Everything is. Well, everything which addresses the meaning of life etc, is.
Okay, here goes. Scientists are saying that 25% of the Universe is dark matter and 70% of the Universe is dark energy - that is a whopping 95% of everything being this ‘dark’ stuff which may, or may not, co-exist. It is through us, with us and I think it may be us.
Hang on, am I supposed to argue with this now?
Well, what do you think?
It’s a bit simplistic isn’t it?
I wish it was.
Well, it’s no secret that you have Pantheist leanings. The Pantheists believe just what you have said, that everything is the Universe and the Universe is everything.
Yes, but not that one part is matter-aware and the other part is energy-aware.
Which is which?
Look, I don’t know, but consider this hypothesis. We are matter aware and the other part of us, which exists with us, but also separate to us (seemingly) is energy aware.
You say seemingly?
Well everything is joined – just that some are not aware that it is. I think that’s why meditation works. When humans are able to let go of the physical for a few seconds, minutes, hours or even days as some monks can, we tap into the dark energy.
We are not aware that we are aware?
Well, we are, of course aware that we are here, but not all of us are aware that we are part of the Whole: dark energy and dark matter combined. And let’s stop calling it dark. Just because scientists can’t see it, it doesn’t make it dark. We have nothing to quantify its colour. I will call both forms ‘Light’ from now on. As in Light energy and Light matter.
Yeah, I do agree with you about the dark inference, it makes it sound sinister. So what you are saying is that we are all part of the same thing, this Light energy and this Light matter stuff?
Okay, consider this, the Light matter may be what is live. Everything that has life, as we know it, has awareness, even if they are not aware of having awareness. Light matter 25%. Then another 70% is Light energy which still has awareness because, I believe, it is connected. And the other 5% is all the physical matter: bodies, bone, fur, feather, mineral chemical and inert material.
Yeah, we humans are aware of being aware. And some other animals may be aware of being aware, too.
Yes, but I am talking about all life: insects, animals, germs, microbes, bacteria and all the botanicals being the 25% Light matter. But still connected to the 70% Light energy.
I have thought of an analogy. As I said before, this is probably not original, but it is the closest I can get, to explaining myself.
I’m listening.
A flock of birds seem separate but to themselves they are not completely separate. They are connected to the lead bird and he/she to them. One entity, many parts. When flying formation this connection is obvious (they instantly move as one while they still have their own position and place) but it may be they have some sort of connection which is not so obvious at other times, too. So might all animals and insects and even plants. It could be species specific (this close awareness of the others). And we humans have this too, for example: when there is a short story competition or call for an anthology a lot of the entries/contributions will have the same theme. And it also explains other synchronicity. Let’s take this a step further, perhaps all life is connected (animals plants, microbes humans etc) and all death, as we know it, is connected as well.
Death?
After death of the outer shell (our separate state) we are awoken to the awareness (it has always been with us) of light energy. And this Light energy has far more consciousness than the consciousness we live through our physical selves. It may be like the flock of birds flying in formation all seeing through the same eyes and feeling though the same body of the flock.
Like I said, I think we are connected to this Light energy in life even when we have the ‘shell’. So everything, both Light energy 70% and Light matter 25% is one at all times, or the Whole.
That is some concept. What about the nitty gritty matter, the blood and bone, leaf and fur, so to speak?
Mere packaging (and only a tiny 5% of all) and it is the way we (all living organisms) can abide in this environment.
Oh, that’s what you mean by the ‘shell’. But just how are we ‘connected’?
I think it may be through threads. Something similar perhaps, to radio waves (different frequencies and strengths) but the connection is like tissue (in a human body) we need it to be the ‘Whole.’
Let’s call this connection Threadism. Perhaps it is also part of what we used to call instinct and intuition.
So now, whenever I look at someone else, I remember that their Light matter and Light energy is our/my Light matter and our/my Light energy.
And when this body wears out I will still be, but with more awareness.
The awareness of the Universe.
The Universe or the Whole (except for the 5%) Yes, exactly. Not The Universe but We Universe.
Yes, well, how did us/we Universe come about?
Look, like I told M, I am just like a horse trying to explain/understand how a television works; what I have here is just a line (drawn with my hoof!) depicting the side of the screen. I certainly don’t have all the answers.
Why do we need to come here as sentient, or living beings?
Well, I think, for variety. Entertainment, stimulation, change, growth. (Andrea, don’t forget there are other life-filled planets). As The Whole we all benefit. We humans learn what benefits, or you could say what is right, by cause and effect, conscience and acknowledging Karma both good and bad. From this, we as humans have gained tolerance, understanding and compassion.
Connection, passive or otherwise, strengthens or makes possible these learnings. Anyway, a lot of what we think is bad, is not - like dying for instance.
Also, I think that not all of the 70% of us that is light energy (not physical) has to interchange with the physical, or the 25% Light matter, ever. For this bit of Us, perhaps the Us that lives in the Physical, are like our novels or short stories! Lol.
What are the advantages of believing in this?
Well, no envy - you can be truly happy for another when you know the other is you, (by Threadism) as well. No selfishness. No fear of the future. We learn that listening to our ‘Instinct or Intuition’ or the voice of the Whole, and seeing synchronicity for signs of Threadism as well, can help us live a more fulfilled life. And understanding that Karma is working for us.
And I guess you don’t have to worry about death.
Exactly, and it (this belief) makes you want to live.
How so?
Well, for the good of the Whole you want to enjoy and experience life as much as you can. And also learn from Karma.
Is all suffering karma then?
No, not all. I think the only way we can control the 5% which is the actual matter and the elements too, which bring disaster (in our thinking) etc, is by collective learning. This learning has led us to manipulate our environment (and our lives). And we have learned by our mistakes and successes. We, the Whole, are not perfect or omniscient. Even though We are connected it does not stop people, microbes germs, elements etc from doing their separate thing, be it ‘wrong’ (by human standards) or just following their own nature. But of all the parts of the Whole, humans have had more influence/control over themselves and their own environment.
Now, how can I get this straight?
I’ll try and quantify it in numbers.
1. We are all part of, and therefore, the Whole. Less the 5% physical: blood, bone, fur, feather bodies, minerals, gases and inert matter. Which we are learning to control.
2. There is no need for envy or fear of the future. No need for selfishness. We should look at everyone as the Whole.
Before I go on, I should explain (although you would already know this) that not everyone knows they are part of the Whole.
But they still would be?
Yes, but, like an arm that has gone to sleep because some of the circulation has been cut off, they are separate.
But you said..?
The arm with the circulation partly cut off has the blood, life force, still circulating. The arm is joined to the body but it feels separate and is not good for the body.
We can still acknowledge that it (those unaware) is part of us but we need to do something about it.
I see, make it/them aware.
Yes, rub the circulation back (lol), support, understand. Or, in some cases, keep away.

Okay, 3 - No need for fear of death. Or for us to say there is no god, when people/ animals die.
Death is not the big deal we thought it was. Although, of course it is very sad for those still in the physical 5%. But for We that die (shed shells) it is a greater awareness. And We are still joined to those loved ones by Threadism.

4. The god is WE (connected) with the Whole by Threadism.
Light energy 70%, Light matter 25% and Outer shells (what is visible) 5%. Only the shells go back to stardust.

5. For the Whole there is no time but IS.
We experience this life as we know it, for growth, interest and awe, for the good of the Whole. And to learn by our mistakes and triumphs, take notice of Karma and synchronicity, instinct and intuition. The Whole is evolving.

6. We may feel separate but this is so we can get the maximum benefit of being a living being. Synchronicity and Karma, instinct and intuition, show we are still connected by Threadism.

7. Just like the numb arm we are still part of the Whole, even if we are not aware.

8. In parting with the shell we become more aware, as we are awake to the greater Whole.
Mm… interesting concept. Do you think it will catch on?
Well, if I’m right, others of Light Matter know this already.
And the Light Energy has always known.
Precisely.

NB - I think, We (95%) are as connected to the 5% as a musician is connected to a trumpet/ trombone etc. We blow breath (life) through it and the music we play is an extension and expression of ourselves.

Megastar
Megastar
Kyra M, you say
Quote:
5. For the Whole there is no time but IS.
Question: Are saying then that, for you, the "Whole" and 'god' as Being are one and the same?

Megastar
Megastar
Kyra M. You mentioned
Quote:
Hi Rev,...

About the colours: Did you read what I wrote about adding the colour GREEN--chrome green, the colour of growth and healing?

Last edited by Revlgking; 06/17/14 05:24 AM. Reason: Always helpful

Page 11 of 11 1 2 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.