Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
R
Rallem Offline OP
OP Offline
R
In the article discussing the string theory and a possible theory for traveling faster than the speed of light, it is said that with a high level of energy we could manipulate the extra spatial dimensions of string theory around a spaceship, and I read somewhere that the Russians were planning on building jet fighters which create a plasma barrier which should make it invisible to radar just like what happens to the space shuttle when it reenters Earth’s atmosphere. Could a plasma shield around a space ship block it off from the ten suspected dimensions of space and make it faster than light?

http://www.scienceagogo.com/news/20080711215055data_trunc_sys.shtml

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
I read somewhere that the Russians were planning on building jet fighters which create a plasma barrier which should make it invisible to radar

some say they also have invented a time machine.

why should they waste their time doing that when they can just go back in time and then back to the future?

why should I spend my time worrying about other people and the types of airplanes they have anyway?

I dont believe that I am responsible for their actions nor do I believe that what they do will affect me , so why should I care about them or what they do?

how do you know that it should make it invisible to radar?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
Y
Y
Yeah I'm agreeing with paul. If some one has the ability to rip through dimensions why would any one truly care about going from piont A to piont B.

Russian-shmussian. That's like saying Elvis is alive.....or is he with this idea.

I think therefore I'm MAN.
Try superconductivity.

"A kind of magic" - "Dragon's Vale"
S
S
dang would be awesome if humans could travel faster than light. but a lot of questions would arise such as like where would we go? and how we would sustain travel for long periods of time. X_x'
well plasma might not be the answer though Ion engines exist unfortunately the thrust produced by such engines is rather low. good for long distances apparently. O.o'

Last edited by StormHammy; 06/29/09 05:57 AM.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.