Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
How many Peach Seeds could you safely eat per day?

Im not speaking about the hard peach pit but the seed inside the pit.

here is a video that graphicaly explains why you should NOT EAT A PEACH PIT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Yh-fbBoAdA&feature=player_embedded

no dont eat the pit...

the Peach Seed is shown above between the two pit halves.

It is said that Vitamin B17 in its raw form can be found in Peach Seeds , apple seeds , apricott seeds etc...

and that Vitamin B17 is a cure and preventative for cancer.

laetril is made from apricott seeds and is used in cancer treatments.
laetril is :
Quote:
derived from crushed pits of certain fruits, usually apricots, and alleged to have antineoplastic properties

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/laetrile

I just cant find the number of Peach Seeds you can or should eat per day Safely as they also contain cyanide.

here is a audio on Vitamin B17 it is interesting and informative
if you are interested or can understand it , it mostly uses medical terms and I myself do not understand the terms , yet.

http://www.reformed-theology.org/realaudio/g._edward_griffin_-_world_without_cancer_(real_audio).ra

and here is the free alternative that can be used to play the audio file.

http://reformed-theology.org/downloads/realalternative.htm

there is more here on this website

http://www.vitaminb17.org/

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
S
S
Peach seeds are sometimes known as bitter almonds.

I recall that laetril as being a possible drug for cancer back when Steve McQueen went to Mexico for treatment with laetril.

I had no idea anyone was still interested in a drug that arrived with pomp and ballyhoo that failed to work out.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Failed to work out?

JUST TRY TO BUY A PEACH SEED.

and if you can find a place that sells PEACH SEEDS let me know.

not only can you not buy PEACH SEEDS , but many countries are
banning the sale of apricot seeds !!!

these bans are the result of people not having correct dossage
information and therefore take too many and become poisoned as a result.

the FDA ( Federal Drug Administration ) of the United States
will probably follow suit or at least try to stop the sale
within the United States , rather than study the effects and recommend safe dossages.

the many brave physicians who reccomend B17 as a treatment
are ridiculed for doing so.

taking B17 and eating mostly alkaline foods
tomatoes
greens
brocoli
cucumber
onions
...etc

vs acidic foods

can deprive cancer of an environment to live in , along with eating mostly fish for meat, reducing your sugar or stopping your sugar intake and anger management.

cancer thrives on sugar.

did you know that when you become angry your imune system shuts down for 6 hours?

Quote:
pomp and ballyhoo that failed to work out.

if I turn on my TV soon and very soon I will see a comercial
about a medicine and it also is warning you about all the side effects of that medicine sometimes 15 - 20 , and a year or two
from now I will see another commercial about a law firm that is suing the company that makes that medicine because thousands of people have become ill or died from taking that medicine.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
S
S
Laetril failed as have many drugs. So what. This has not stopped people from searching. Banned substances are banned for being dangerous.

Why is some brave for recommending a treatment? Is this because they are recommending a bad treatment, or an unproven treatment, or a proven bad treatment, or quack medicine?

How do you know that your immune system shuts down for 6 hours?

So you know that medicines have side effects. What can save one life kills another. Nothing is perfect. There are no magic bullets. I'm glad you realize that. But be careful about using advertising as any form of evidence.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
The bitter almond smell is indicative of the cyanide that is present in apricot kernals. Maybe there is a safe level but I would prefer not to risk it. Laetril has been around in Europe (especially Germany) for ages. A long time has passed since its introduction, and it has not been spectacularly successful in curing cancer there, or indeed anywhere else.

Last edited by Ellis; 04/18/09 03:15 AM.
Megastar
Megastar
I just eat the seeds from whatever "normal-sized serving" of fruit I happen to have--up to once or twice a week; five or six apple or pear seeds, or a peach or apricot pit. At best is may be some sort of "preventative" (like fruit in general), and at worst it's just adding a little variety to my nutrition.

I'll peel the apple seed, or break (hammer) open the pit and eat the seed. Wrap a paper towel around the slimey pits so the hammer doesn't slide off (and that also keeps pit-shards from flying up into someone's eye); which is why apple seeds are nice--so easy to just peel. Chew it up well, and it kinda numbs the mouth a bit. After chewing up the seed, I usually mix that pulp with a bite of the fruit, to help wash the numbness down.

...it's been 30 years, but if I recall correctly:
Laetrile, naturally found in many non-citrus fruit seeds, is a natural chemical that contains cyanide. The laetrile releases its cyanide when the laetrile is metabolized by a cell. The idea is that when the laetrile is broken down by a cell, the released cyanide helps to kill the cell. Since cancer cells metabolize faster than regular cells, it's hoped they will be killed preferentially over normal cells. I think the idea may also be that normal cells are somehow protected against laetrile, so laetrile would release its cyanide mostly in cancer cells.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
Banned substances are banned for being dangerous.

cigarettes havent been banned anywhere as I know of.

no , I think the banning of these show more of the reality of their usefullness.

usefullness that would disturb a giant pharmaceutical industry , in much the same way as the use of free energy or the massive use of alternate energy would disturb the governments tax income and the oil industry.

Quote:
How do you know that your immune system shuts down for 6 hours?

I just heard that somewhere and it makes sence , but heres an article about stress , anger and its effects.

Quote:
Figure 2. © IHM. This graph shows the impact of one 5-minute episode of recalled anger on the immune
antibody IgA over a 6-hour period, (30 adults). The initial slight increase in IgA was followed by a
dramatic drop which persisted for six hours. When the subjects used an emotional management technique
and focused on feeling sincere care for five minutes there was a significant increase in IgA, which
returned to baseline an hour later and then slowly increased throughout the rest of the day.

http://www.macquarieinstitute.com.au/pdf...%20Delivers.pdf

Quote:
Why is some brave for recommending a treatment? Is this because they are recommending a bad treatment, or an unproven treatment, or a proven bad treatment, or quack medicine?

there are thousands of people who have used this treatment , there are forums of people and their experiences with this treatment , why dont you look up one of them and decide for yourself.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I just wanted to clear this up in lieu of recent media exposure concerning the recent court ruling on cancer treatment and the court ordered chemotherapy.

just in case any of you guys get any ideas of turning me into the justice department so that I can be diagnosed for cancer , and any chemotherapy or radiation therapy that would follow if I was diagnosed with cancer.

I dont have cancer , so your not going to get any money out of me , court ordered or not.

although I dont have cancer , I believe that a person should have a choice , and I most deffinetly do not believe that this choice should be made by a judge or any courtroom.

if the courts want to get involved with this type of thing then , what about ORDERING DOCTORS AND HOSPITALS to perform kindey , liver , heart etc ... transplants on ALL THE PEOPLE WHO WILL DIE BECAUSE THEY CANT AFFORD IT.

and if the people cant pay then court order it done free of charge...

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
'll peel the apple seed, or break (hammer) open the pit and eat the seed.

I cut up an entire apple and put it in the blender
seeds , skin and all.

then I add a cup of water.

or

if Im using the apricott seeds I put apx 6 seeds in the blender with 1 cup of water and a tea spoon of sugar and blend it good.

it taste a little like milk then.

or I cut the peel off of a cucumber , because the peel has a sticky substance on it for some reason.

I cut up the cucumber into the blender and add a cup of water.

I think that blending the seeds helps to make them more digestible.

K
Megastar
Megastar
K
Originally Posted By: paul
, in much the same way as the use of free energy or the massive use of alternate energy would disturb the governments tax income and the oil industry.

You mean the free energy that you have repeatedly refused to demonstrate by building simple devices to generate it?

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
Quote:
You mean the free energy that you have repeatedly refused to demonstrate by building simple devices to generate it?

yea thats right.

I haven't built any.

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
You would have to eat a large number of Peach seeds to poison yourself or someone else. Not only peaches, but
almond seeds and apricots as well as apple seeds and cherries all produce cyanide.
Which is called prussic acid by another name, or hydrogen
cyanide.
Prussic acid was one of the poisons that victorian murderers used.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I didnt know about cherries or almonds.

according to what I have read the cyanide is only released when a cancer cell eats whatever the cyanide is in.

or something like that , and only cancer cells are killed in the process.

unlike today's broad spectrum chemotherapy routine that kills all dividing cells in the body in order to kill the dividing cancer cells.

or even the less damaging targeting of certain areas only routine.

plus the apricot seeds are supposed to have immune system building capabilities.

so I suppose the only harm in taking them would be that you would kill cancer cells !

after you have killed a number of cancer cells you would of course feel tired and weak while your body is replacing the killed cancer cells with new cells.

I suppose the same way that you would feel after having chemo therapy.

the reason I add some sugar in the mix is because I read somewhere that sugar is cancer food , my reasoning is that the sugar gets the cancer in a feeding frenzy and this might just increase the chances of the seeds being eaten by the cancer cells.

P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
samwik

Quote:
...it's been 30 years, but if I recall correctly:
Laetrile, naturally found in many non-citrus fruit seeds, is a natural chemical that contains cyanide. The laetrile releases its cyanide when the laetrile is metabolized by a cell. The idea is that when the laetrile is broken down by a cell, the released cyanide helps to kill the cell. Since cancer cells metabolize faster than regular cells, it's hoped they will be killed preferentially over normal cells. I think the idea may also be that normal cells are somehow protected against laetrile, so laetrile would release its cyanide mostly in cancer cells.

have you heard of using okra for diabetes?

I have read that if you cut the top and bottom off of
two pieces of raw okra , stand them up with the tops up
in a glass with apx 1 inch of water in the glass.

let it stand overnight.
then drink the water the next morning.
it is supposed to help to fight diabetes and has
even allowed people to stop taking insulin to control
their blood sugar levels.

some even say that it is a cure for diabetes.

Megastar
Megastar
Hi Paul,
I haven’t heard about that, but it wouldn’t surprise me to learn some of the many mucopeptides (peptidoglycan), which I think make okra so slimy, have beneficial properties for either/both the intestinal fauna-flora and/or mucosa-nervosa.

...it might help, in some circumstances, and probably couldn't hurt.

~ wink

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
I agree , I just hope that the FDA ( Monsanto ) doesn't
design a more nutritious ( feasible ) okra plant variety
that will bring about the demise of its curative effects through the genocide of currently grown varieties of okra.

Superstar
Superstar
I doubt that Monsanto is interested in Okra. It seems to be an up and coming crop, however. Most of the okra in the US comes from either Florida or Mexico.

http://smallfarms.ifas.ufl.edu/crops/vegetables/pdf/Okra.pdf

I could have grown some here if I had gotten around and dug up the garden plot soon enough. Now it will have to wait until next year, when I hope to have things going in the right direction. I'm reduced to hoping to get enough ground turned over for a Fall garden of greens. We will see what happens.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

B
Megastar
Megastar
B
As far as growing okra is concerned, I remember the year that dad put in a garden back in the late 40s or early 50s. That was the year of okra. We ate okra until it was coming out of our ears. Those years come every so often, usually with a different crop. But the year of dad's garden even the man across the street who had a rotary tiller managed to grow okra. He usually didn't do well at all with his garden.

Anyway those are the years when you want to be sure to lock your car or when you come back you may find a bag of <enter vegetable of the year> in it.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.
Superstar
Superstar
Like in Lake Wobegon, where no one locks their cars except in zucchini season? I have eaten good canned okra, though I prefer it fresh, breaded and fried. Or cooked with a chopped tomato or two to cut the sliminess. Never knew it was good for diabetes. I may have to try some. :-)

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.