Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20
Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Originally Posted By: TheFallibleFiend
..I explained how you didn't know what you were talking about...
You cannot explained it, because by your interpretation I'm just saying nonsenses - so you cannot understand, what I know. But you haven't proven, my statements are nonsense at all, so everything, you just explained is, you don't know, what I'm talking about.

The rigorous proof, someone is saying nonsense is quite different, face it. You should prove, some sentences of mine are contradicting mutually.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
"You cannot explained it"
I did explain it. You are not capable of understanding the explanation, because actual logic is a mystery to you. I wonder if my dog knows more about GIT than you do; at least her head is not full of crap.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
I did explain it.
You can never prove, you explained something - so why are you wasting our time with some unfalsifiable claims again, and again?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

"You can never prove, you explained something - so why are you wasting our time with some unfalsifiable claims again, and again? "

It's pretty clear that you would not understand "proof." You have a strong tendency to talk about stuff you don't understand. No wonder you can't get serious scientists to pay attention to you, despite your efforts to get their attention by flooding the net with your ignorance. It's as obvious to them as it is to me that you don't know what you're talking about.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
..You have a strong tendency to talk about stuff you don't understand. No wonder you can't get serious scientists to pay attention to you, despite your efforts to get their attention by flooding the net with your ignorance. It's as obvious to them as it is to me that you don't know what you're talking about...
Well - I can collect a dozens of similar proclamations on the net over the last two years. Despite of they're meant unreservedly often, they have no connection to the subject, they've quite general meaning and they can be applied against virtually everybody.

Therefore, such general proclamations cannot refute or confirm, what I'm saying at all. Maybe I even don't know what I'm saying, why not - but how it can refute my stance?

It's evident, these dummy proclamations are just trying to obtain psychological advantage in the eyes of other readers - it's the only way, by which people like You can fight against AWT concept in public - face it.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

"they have no connection to the subject"
that's what YOU say.

"they can be applied against virtually everybody. "
Only if logic is confusing to you.

"Maybe I even don't know what I'm saying"
The most intelligent thing you said in this forum.

"... but how it can refute my stance?"
...and then you ruin it. Why bother wasting time "refuting" a stance that is not well-understood. Nobody has an infinite amount of time to address everything that is said. You insist that your opinion is trivial and true until you are disproved. However, your lack of logical understanding ensures that you cannot be refuted by logic. Furthermore your delusion provides an self-reinforcing explanation for your rejection:
1. Those who are practicing scientists don't recognize your great genius, because they are brainwashed.
2. Those who are not practicing scientists don't recognize your great genius, because they are too stupid.

If you have any appreciable understanding of GIT, falsifiability, philosophy of science, or evolution it is not revealed in any post you have made on this forum. I cannot speak with authority of your physics posts, except to note that to me, with my admittedly limited amount of coursework and reading in the subject, they are indistinguishable from bull crap.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
"Maybe I even don't know what I'm saying"
The most intelligent thing you said in this forum.
Of course, maybe all of my posts are dictated by someone else, in fact. Does such fact change their true value? I don't think so - in this way, your statements are completely irrelevant to subject. I'm not really required to know about some physics at all until you've some relevant objection against my claims. It's as easy, as it is.

R
Rozabel
Unregistered
Rozabel
Unregistered
R
Originally Posted By: a_tinkerer
There is an interesting theory on the Net, that planet X (Nibiru)comes around our sun every 3600 years then disappears into deep space. It (a dark sun) is coming in from the South Pole in around 100 years time, although some believe it is coming in 2012.

Maybe God created the people on planet X and the people on planet X created/developed us from a primitive form of human or monkey.

That really would explain a lot. They (Niberuians) get there chance to play God every 3600 years.

I found this interesting video www.youtube.com/watch?v=aBPIDGIpuhw at www.hercolubus.tv that deals a very similar subject. They name this planet Hercolubus and describe shortly the consequences of its approaching to the Earth. They are even sending free books worldwide to anyone interested, you can see contact details at the end of the video.

I copy below the text version of the video so that you can get an idea about it:

UNIVERSAL MESSAGE ABOUT HERCOLUBUS OR RED PLANET

Hercolubus, a planet so called by the sages of antiquity, is approaching our Solar System and is the cause of great concern for those who know about such cosmic phenomena.

In our former encounter, Hercolubus put an end to the Atlantean civilisation. These facts are duly related through all the “Universal Floods” of different religions and cultures.

The consequence of the very close proximity of Hercolubus will be great upheaval in all corners of our planet.

The internal fire will bring about innumerable volcanoes and earthquakes.

When Hercolubus is very close, a complete revolution of the Earth’s axis will take place.

Throughout all the ages, great sages have thoroughly investigated the return of the “Red Planet” and have alerted us about this cosmic phenomenon.

The last great testimony was that of V.M. Rabolu, who left a universal message to humanity through his work “Hercolubus or Red Planet”.

In that work, V.M. Rabolu writes:

“When Hercolubus comes closer to the Earth and aligns with the Sun, deadly epidemics will begin to spread over the entire planet. Neither doctors nor official science will know what sort of illnesses they are or how to cure them. They will be powerless in the face of the epidemics.”

“The moment of tragedy and darkness will come: tremors, earthquakes and tidal waves. Human beings will become mentally unbalanced, because they will not be able to eat or sleep. In the face of danger, they will throw themselves over the precipice en masse, completely mad.”

“What I am affirming in this book is a prophecy that will be fulfilled very shortly, because I am certain about the end of the planet; I know it.”

“I am not frightening but warning, because I am distressed about this poor Humanity. These events will not be long in coming, and there is no time to waste with illusory things.”

In his message, V.M. Rabolu points out the elimination of the psychological defects and the conscious astral projection as the only existing formulas to escape the forthcoming cataclysm.

All those who work for their own spiritual regeneration will be taken to a safe place…

IT IS TIME TO KNOW OURSELVES;
IT IS TIME TO TRANSFORM OURSELVES.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Presumably this clever person VM Rabolo will know how to access another astral plane leading to a safe place, which will be available to all those who take his instructions - such instructions being available no doubt for a modest sum on You Tube!

Sounds like a rather boring regeneration!!-- where are the golden harps and wings, the celestial clouds -- not to mention the 77 virgins. At least by tipping over a convenient precipice you may get to access those promised delights instead!

Sorry- I am being sarcastic--- but bearing in mind the title of this topic-- Is this flight of fancy what disbelief in evolution leads to?

A
A
I agree that America is hindered by religion. I think that they have compromised by inventing "creationism"

"The written word is a lie"
J
J
the problem here is the lack of reasoning within both parties(parties meaning those who believe in evolution and those who dont)most evolutionist usually tend to leave God out the picture completely, while most christians in america tend to disregard evolution along with natural selection because they believe God made Adam as 1st man.Now, what about the cavemen? What about natural selection? What about God? In my opinion God created everything, we should all be able to agree that nothing can exist without being created 1st right? this should be common sense.As for evolution, maybe we have evolved over time, was it from chimps and apes? No one can know for sure but i personally do not think so.But I am a believer in natural selection somewhat, this should also come as common sense, only the strong survive in any and all sitiuations, for example if dinosaurs returned in this day and age, we would probably go right back to the caves for safety if our weapons didnt work.SO it all kind of falls in together, remember theory will always change with more observation, in knowing this main fact we should all be reasonable as to our different opinions....no one person can know it all.

Im here to get some thoughts out and to hear others.I guess you could say im just a curious person!
T
Megastar
Megastar
T

Neither evolution, nor any other science, says anything about the existence or non-existence of Gods. Science is incapable of addressing the subject of God(s).

We don't have to know everything to say that we have pretty good knowledge in some areas, or to know that some things are clearly false, and other things very probably true.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Neither evolution, nor any other science, says anything about the existence or non-existence of Gods. Science is incapable of addressing the subject of God(s).
Scientists believed in vacuum emptiness for long time, but AWT puts some link between concept of God, Aether and evolution. Concept of infinitely dense and hot Aether is a physical model of infinitely intelligent God living in infinite number of extra-dimensions. AWT proposes a physical interpretation of human soul as well.

Megastar
Megastar
Originally Posted By: Zephir
[quote=TheFallibleFiend] Neither evolution, nor any other science, says anything about the existence or non-existence of Gods.
Zephir, may I get in on the fun?

BTW, please, refresh my aging memory. Keep in mind that I am 79:

What is your stance, theologically speaking?

BTW 2, I agree with you when you say: "Science is incapable of addressing the subject of God(s)."

What do you mean? when you say,"Scientists have believed in vacuum emptiness for a long time... AWT proposes a physical interpretation of human soul as well."

BTW 3: Is the following question: Why doesn't America believe in evolution? really an important question?

Or, perhaps we need to change it to another question?

Meanwhile, if we want to talk about evolution, why don't we just start a new thread, with a new question: Do you, or do you not, believe in the theory, and fact, of evolution?

BTW 4: In my opinion, America is not a person--that is, America is not one who is capable of thinking and believing in anything, as a person, agreed?

I happen to have many bright cousins who are Americans. I love them all. I know they are quite capable of thinking, intelligently, which, I presume, so are most of us involved in this thread, eh?.

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/17/09 12:28 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
J
J
It's not that they don't believe in evolution. I don't think they even understand the concept of selection through variation. American schools are a bit lacking in scientific inquiry. If you doubt that, consider that less then 5% of Americans know the first law of thermodynamics, and less then 1% can tell you what all the variables in E=MC^2 actually stand for.

---------------
Money without intelligence is like a car without a road.

-Intelligent Investing-

Money without intelligence is like a car without a road.
http://www.intelligentinvestingtips.com
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
They reject a comic book version of the theory that they have been spoon fed by cranks, religionists, and mass media.

Page 20 of 20 1 2 18 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.