Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 225 guests, and 3 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#1594 05/28/05 01:30 PM
G
GALAXY Offline OP
OP Offline
G
i need help about bimuda triangle.

http://WWW.HI-TECH INTEREST.RALPH.FREAK.007.COM
#1595 05/28/05 01:37 PM
G
GALAXY Offline OP
OP Offline
G
birmuda triangle is a mysterious gate that can travel to space and time by dimensional hole.

http://WWW.HI-TECH INTEREST.RALPH.FREAK.007.COM
#1596 05/28/05 03:02 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
First you need help with spelling.

BERMUDA

Now go to http://www.google.com
and help yourself.

BTW: There is no science around there even being a Bermuda Triangle. So if you are expecting to find anything "real" about it ... you are wasting your time. Better to look for elves and ghosts: They don't exist either.

DA Morgan
#1597 05/28/05 07:24 PM
A
A
The Bermuda Triangle is one of the most traveled maritime routes in the world. Since more ships cross that particular part of ocean than most other parts of the ocean, it is natural that more wrecks occur there than in other areas of the ocean.

In addition to this, it is an area of the ocean in which there are huge deposits of methane on the ocean floor. There was an interesting television show about this a couple of years ago. If the methane breaks free and rises in a cloud of bubbles to the surface it will have two effects. 1) It will change the density of the ocean, making water less dense, causing ships to sink. 2) It is highly flammable so open flames on the ships can cause fires and explosions, causing them to sink. This has been proposed as an explanation of most of the odd losses associated with the Bermuda Triangle.

#1598 06/09/05 02:34 AM
R
R
99% of missing boats in the Bermuda Triangle are pirated by drug dealers. And 85% of those were piloted by Americans dealing drugs on the side in the first place. No mystery there.

Quantum Mechanics is a crashing Bohr.
#1599 06/09/05 03:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
RP, can you substantiate your claims about these boats and their owner/operators? Give us a URL or some other resource point to back up your claim, or I'll have to moderate your statements. Fantastic claims and insult slanging are not what this forum is about, in general. Please control yourself.

#1600 06/09/05 03:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quote:
Originally posted by Arrogathor:
The Bermuda Triangle is one of the most traveled maritime routes in the world. Since more ships cross that particular part of ocean than most other parts of the ocean, it is natural that more wrecks occur there than in other areas of the ocean.

In addition to this, it is an area of the ocean in which there are huge deposits of methane on the ocean floor. There was an interesting television show about this a couple of years ago. If the methane breaks free and rises in a cloud of bubbles to the surface it will have two effects. 1) It will change the density of the ocean, making water less dense, causing ships to sink. 2) It is highly flammable so open flames on the ships can cause fires and explosions, causing them to sink. This has been proposed as an explanation of most of the odd losses associated with the Bermuda Triangle.
Maybe it has more than its share of "giant freak waves" such as were discussed in another thread here lately. A sixty foot wave could do a lot of damage to a small to medium sized craft, and apparently they are not as rare as we might think.

#1601 06/09/05 04:16 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree and fully endorse Amaranth's Point Of View on the subjest ....
RP you hitting all over and it makes no sense ...
there is content but it is not in good taste ....

So quit your ways ... so that u need not quit..

#1602 06/09/05 08:13 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In none of the cases, the catastrophe would be fast enough that it wouldnt permit crew the signal for SoS !! I wonder how come none of the chaps have come up with Alien theory..do we lack that sort of talent in the forum..?? he he..

#1603 06/09/05 08:27 AM
R
R
I am surprised that anyone seriously doubts the main cause of missing boats in the Carribean. It is a poorly policed hotbed of illegal trade, and a crossroads for thousands of different traderoutes.

I am sorry I don't have a 'Link' for this. It seems redundant to even look for one, since probably anyone could find one. It doesn't seem like something anyone would seriously challenge.

While historically a few sailing ships have also gone missing hundreds of years ago, (hence the beginning of the legend) no doubt many of those fell to either pirates or the wars between Britain and Spain over gold being looted from Mexico.

After that, you can look to the Cold War between Cuba and the US, and consider that the bulk of illegal smuggling into the USA (the largest market for contraband in the world) was organized by mafias like the one that ran Cuba before the revolution.

Things are so bad that insurance companies charge a hefty price to insure Americans foolish enough to sail into unpoliced waters in the Carribean. If you think you need an 'URL' the best bet would be an Insurance Website and a quick Insurance Estimate.

The Carribean is such a 'protected' area storm-wise, and so well watched during hurricane season that only foolish boaters would be out during a serious storm, (or drug dealers), and even those if they go missing the cause would be known, and not among the number of ships missing for UNKNOWN reasons.

I will still stand by my estimate that the subset of boats that have gone missing for unknown reasons (attributed to the Triangle legend) are mostly pirated or ships with illegal contents.

Quantum Mechanics is a crashing Bohr.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I been wondering,why the ship and the plane 'off the radar' in a second?if the ship or the plane are going to crash or accident,they should reported it as soon as possible right?why they didn't report?why just 'off the radar' just like that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You probably need two turns of the Radar PPI tube to verify that the signal is lost, or has a weaker echo, by losing a lot of height quickly...all these mean a weak Radar return signal, if the Plane is in trouble.
Radio is the first and best communication until plane nears Airfield. The Radar at the Airfield may not have even bothered to pick up the echo...but generally relies upon radio contact until the plane is closer in.

Similar in ships...The Coastguard Radar will not spot the ships transmitted Radar pulse ...if the ship is angled, that it might sink. Its Transmitted pulse gos up into sky or down into the Sea.
Again Coastguard Radar would need two revolutions of the Radar PPI before verification.

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
This area is quite rich to accidental water spouts (open sea tornados), which can form accidentally even in clear weather. Waterspouts have long been recognized as serious marine hazards and they can explain many mysterious accidents in this area.

http://dixiedining.files.wordpress.com/2008/07/waterspout_noaa.jpg

Zephir #29728 03/08/09 07:52 PM
L
L
It helps your numbers if you include ships up to a thousand miles away, as some Bermuda (or Birmuda) triangle enthusiasts have.

Also, according to radio triangulation, the "Missing Squadron" ran into a severe thunderstorm off North Carolina, which--I would guess--might hurt communications.

As for sources, there is getting to be about as much real documentation about the nonexistence of the Bermuda (or Birmuda) triangle as fake evidence about its existence. A quick and dirty search will provide ample hard data and comparisons to non-Bermuda (or Birmuda) locations where ships and planes disappear with about the same frequency.

A wonderful thing about excessive communications is that occasionally facts have a fighting chance against fantasy.

--lylwik

GALAXY #29760 03/10/09 09:59 AM
I
I
Bermuda Triangle is the gateway which UFO enter our planet. Bermuda Triangle connected to the moon surface by Alien spaceship landed in the moon, looking the gateway to enter planet Earth.

S
S
The Bermuda Triangle story is just that - a story. This discussion is assuming the existence of a large number of unexplained events. The famous stories are simply embellishments of less extraordinary events. The books and movies have colored events by leaving out or altering important issues such as known big storms, interviews, official records, etc.

The speculation about the cause of these events is based on falsified data.

L
L
What about those volcanic rocks off the coast of Florida? Since they're geometrically shaped, they have to be from the lost city of Atlantis, don't they?

And doesn't my adding "lost city of" to that sentence make it more spooky and mysterious?

--lylwik

lylwik #30000 03/27/09 01:46 AM
S
S
I think one of the most telling stories is the lost squadron story in which they are quoted as saying that everything looked wrong, stars in the water, blah blah blah. A Nova film crew interviewed the people that last talked to the pilots and they were very clear that no such radio communication occurred.

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
http://www.e-telescope.gr/en/cat06/art06_070807/art06_070807_3.htm

I think that this is where it went wrong.

Lt Taylor believed he was flying over the Florida Keys

Quote:
“Both my compasses are out and I am trying to find Fort Lauderdale, Florida. I am over land, but it's broken. I'm sure I'm in the Keys, but I don't know how far down and I don't know how to get to Fort Lauderdale”

Lt Cox radioed this...
Quote:
“Put the sun on your port wing if you are in the Keys and fly up the coast until you get to Miami…

both of Lt Taylors compasses were malfunctioning , these pilots
were taught to find direction using the sun and their wristwatch

ie...point the hour hand at the sun , and 1/2 way between the hour hand and 12:00 on the wristwatch is due south.

If Lt Taylor could see the sun durring his flight , he would have
known which direction he was traveling in.

the weather was not bad that day , he should have been able to
see the sun , and find his way back.

he departed Ft Lauterdale at 2:10 P.M. and headed east
91 degrees.

everything was going fine until he turned left at his second waypoint and he was on a heading of 346 degrees.

I think that this is when Lt Cox sudgested that he put the sun on his port wing and fly up the coast...

at (A) he turned right to a heading of apx 40 degrees and this is when everything went wrong.

If he thought he was in the keys then a 360 degree heading would have put him over florida.

or would have put him over the grand bahamas and he would have recognized the terain.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #30006 03/28/09 05:10 AM
L
L
Galaxy?

I hope we've answered your question. Just remember that the distribution of plane- and shipwrecks is distributed fairly equally worldwide except for that drug trade blip. Please read the books that have been written on the subject. If you can't sort out those based on fact from those based on fantasy, then we probably can't help you. But I suspect you'll be all right.

Also, thanks Paul. That's really helpful.

--lylwik

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokĀž»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.