Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
tff

Quote:
It's unfortunate that the video poster spent time referring to the ark which wasn't directly relevant to the point. The genesis story is beautiful literature and nothing more.

It is unfortunate that creationist and evoloutionist are always
squabling at each other , myself included.

I think there are many things that science could learn from the Bible , even if it is just a hint or a clue here and there
that might lead them to a discovery or help to explain a discovery , although much of the information passed down to Moses
might have very well been lost or missinterpreted , even so the Bible should be considered as one of our oldest history books.

I myself consider the Bible as the Word of God.

however , I also try to use the Bible as a guideline and a major reference to ancient times.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #29972 03/24/09 12:18 PM
S
S
For the Creationists in this discussion I have 2 questions:

Q1. You mention Moses and the freeing of the Hebrews. Is there any record of the Hebrew slaves in writings in Egypt?

Q2. During the Deluge the world was covered with water. Which fish survived: trout or shark? One lives in fresh water and the other in salt water. Were the oceans fresh or salty during the Deluge?

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
stereologist

Quote:
Q1. You mention Moses and the freeing of the Hebrews. Is there any record of the Hebrew slaves in writings in Egypt?

significant physical evidence can be found in the below link.

http://www.zaqen.info/evidence.html

a tablet mentioning the departure of Israelites from Egypt

slaves were always depicted naked so that they would not be confused as egyptians.

a list of slaves , including Hebrew.

Quote:
Q2. During the Deluge the world was covered with water. Which fish survived: trout or shark? One lives in fresh water and the other in salt water. Were the oceans fresh or salty during the Deluge?

http://christiananswers.net/q-aig/aig-c037.html

Quote:
We do not know how salty the sea was before the flood. The flood was initiated by the breaking up of the “fountains of the great deep” (Genesis 7:11). Whatever the “fountains of the great deep” were (see Noah's Flood—What did all the water come from?), the flood must have been associated with massive earth movements, because of the weight of the water alone, which would have resulted in great volcanic activity.

Quote:
“fountains of the great deep”

according to the Bible , before the flood , there was no rain.

a mist came up from the earth , not rain , this mist is what we now call dew , that still occurs throughout the earth durring the night or when conditions allow.

we dont know the date that the flood occured , however
we can put pieces of geological evidence together to determine
what might have been a close date.

what the fountains were , could be that the earth passed through a hydrogen cloud , a comets trail , or the earths mantle might have heated up enought to evaporate massive amounts of water from the crust.

every day the history of events in the Bible are being found to be actual events that occured , and not myths as many believe or think them to be , and as knowledge increases these findings increasingly support the validity of the Bible.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #29980 03/24/09 09:25 PM
T
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
T

The "Israel Stele" mentions the Hebrews, but not their presence in in Egypt at all, let alone in any numbers.

The picture of the slaves doesn't indicate they are Hebrews.

A list with some Hebrew names is hardly the number the Bible talks about.

Also, consider this:
We can use satellites to locate sites where 2 or 3 people camped the night in the desert 5000 years ago - and there is no evidence that 100s of thousands of people wandered about the desert for any length of time. Of course, that doesn't actually prove anything, since God could have cleaned up after them. That's the thing with miracles. We can always use them to explain discrepancies.

I think most serious scholars doubt there was any great number of hebrews in Egypt. This, of course, does not entirely discount the story. It's possible that something happened and the story was elaborated and exaggerated before being written down.

S
S
As I pointed out and you agree by showing flimsy evidence, there is an amazing lack of evidence for the exodus and events leading up to exodus.

I read the web link. The equivocal nature of the writing of the text says, "we have no idea" quite clearly to me.
1. Many organisms can adapt - many don't
2. "We do not know how salty the sea was before the flood" - sorry it is possible to estimate ancient salient
3. "the flood must have been associated with massive earth movements" - why isn't this explained?
4. "because of the weight of the water alone, which would have resulted in great volcanic activity" - this makes no sense to me

That's a lot of conjecture and guessing without facts.

Ever try to figure out how much water we are talking about to flood the entire earth? How many Atlantic oceans of water do you think it takes?

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
stereo
Quote:
As I pointed out and you agree by showing flimsy evidence, there is an amazing lack of evidence for the exodus and events leading up to exodus.

I dont recall you pointing anything out ! not in this thread.

unless the egyptians have striken it from the record , you have only input the following , so far.

Quote:
For the Creationists in this discussion I have 2 questions:

your reply to my post was 2 questions.

Quote:
there is an amazing lack of evidence for the exodus and events leading up to exodus.

it seems that there is more evidence of egyptian cover ups.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyksos

Quote:
." When they eventually were driven out of Egypt, all traces of their occupation were erased. History is written by the victors, and in this case the victors were the rulers of the native Egyptian Eighteenth Dynasty, the direct successor of the Theban Seventeenth Dynasty. It was the latter which started and led a sustained war against the Hyksos.

You asked if there were any records , I posted physical evidence
of records of egyptian's slaves.

perhaps you know more about these records than those who study
them.

Quote:
I read the web link. The equivocal nature of the writing of the text says, "we have no idea" quite clearly to me.

are you refering to this web link?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cambrian_explosion

because if you are then I agree.
"we have no idea" quite clearly sums it up.

You could probably find a ancient artifact written in modern english with ancient videos alongside it , and a users manual
on how to play the video in the video player that you also found alongside it , which just so happens to be sitting on top of a complete set of ancient encylopedias.

thats how its done right?

to listen to you guys , why do we even bother to find anything
ancient if it is ignored just because it might tend to validate the bible.

and let me set you straight.

Quote:
and you agree

No ! I dont agree.

Quote:
this makes no sense to me

Yes ! I agree.

You can learn to understand however , then things will make much more sense to you , try basic physics , but first you should get common sense down pat.

Quote:
Ever try to figure out how much water we are talking about to flood the entire earth? How many Atlantic oceans of water do you think it takes?

http://www.livescience.com/environment/070228_beijing_anomoly.html

hmmm.

Quote:
If even a percent of water in the core will amount to ten times more water than that present in the oceans.

http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2002AGUSM.M42A..04S

That ought to about cover it.

this might even be
"the fountains of the great deep"
spoken of in Genesis.

this is the way I see it.

it was all recorded in the Bible , then it was FOUND by science.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.