Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 335 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2898 09/02/05 10:33 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In India you will observe caste embedded into the society. It is horrible for sensible souls like me. What went worng in the past to create such a mess.
Then I came up with my own theory which I hope historians and the Gene pooling Experiment doers will try to utilize.
At one point of time India was not very populated(It was in thousands).It was not so noisy.It was clean and healthy.Some say it was a United Country(I leave this observation open to verification).
There lived a Philosopher Manu who thought Work should become worship.He asked his countrymen to adopt it with respect.People agreed as it was a good idea to have job security forever.Thus came the extremely professional Caste System.
Manu Died.
After sometime their country was invaded by people who didnt believe in his theory.Manu's professional army managed to deafeat them and then they went they on to expand(in which direction I have no idea) its reach.
Suddenly their new Large population was composed of mix of different genes.
They didnt want to polute their own gene pool.It started an internal struggle where some people argued in favour talent based job assignment and others in keeping with the past practice.No one had any idea of what to do with this new reality. Finally they decided to abosrb all based on the existing job profiles.The lost country had too many workers and suddenly hatred shifted to the bottom line because of unjust absorbtion.Many of higher gene kind shifted to low and vice vera.The caste structure was broken long before Indians realized it.
Today Indians are struggling with horribly contradictory system. Some scientist expect to extract some specific genetic information from this compartmentization.
However their conclusions should not try to prove that those Genes which are worker genes today were originally of the same type.It will be false conclusion and will have social impact.
The experiment if misunderstood has the potential of throwing the world into Medeivial Period.
I urge all those Big Companies to stop sponsoring such projects.

#2899 09/02/05 10:35 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"It is horrible for sensible souls like me."--please forgive.

#2900 09/02/05 12:58 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I can't think of too many countries that don't have a caste system: Most are just more subtle about it.

But rather than speculating about the origins ... why not read a book? The origins are very well documented.

For you to speculate on what is or is not a false conclusion from genetic research indicates either a complete lack of understanding of science or a complete lack of understanding of science. I'm not sure which.

The same basic genetic profiling was done in Iceland and the world is still spinning around.

DA Morgan
#2901 09/03/05 06:50 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which other country has a intentional or hardcoded model of Caste?
Caste based reaserch is a result of completly misplaced understanding of Indian History.
Geographical Genetic Analysis is acceptable otherwise it is nothing less than a crime.

#2902 09/04/05 07:04 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I said "more subtle" did I not?

So the verbiage "hardcoded" is rhetorical or a demonstration that you are hard of reading?

To quote someone I despise, Rush Limbaugh, "words have meaning."

But anytime you want to take your 3.0 GPA and apply to Yale like President Bush did you will quickly discover our caste system is alive and well.

DA Morgan
#2903 09/05/05 04:48 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
:-))
That was a cruel remark on him..
He works so hard... everyday.
Probably he thinks himself as a Superman.
But todays Superman require more of Wisdom and less of Fire Power.

#2904 09/05/05 05:43 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Tell the fine people that used to live on the Gulf Coast that.

He failed in high school
He failed in college
He failed multiple sobriety tests
He failed in the oil business
He failed as the owner of a sports franchise
He accomplished nothing as a governor
He's put almost 2000 young men and women into body bags and failed in Iraq
And now he is completing his failure as president

Why not? He's part of the ruling family.

Mission accomplished!

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.