Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 352 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2889 09/02/05 12:04 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi there....
Im a third year Education student and am doing an investigation on stairing, but cant find any info on it?
Can anyone help? Is it to do with being tired? shocked

#2890 09/02/05 12:53 AM
U
Superstar
Superstar
U
When Uncle Al writes absurdist satire on despicable American zero-goal education (every child left behind), reality retaliates by playing trump.

Google
staring psychology investigation -remote 30,000 hits

Spelling counts. "Stairing" is not taking the elevator. Yaysoos H. Firetrucking Kerayst. Yer gonna done be a Englisch teachur, right?

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
#2891 09/02/05 12:52 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I read of a study once - I think in Michigan - that determined the academic major of students who were least likely to read a book not required by their major.

The results were not encouraging.

#2892 09/03/05 07:05 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank you Uncle Al for that interesting definition of "stairing". I shall add it to my twisted English lexicon. As one who was caught many times staring off into space instead of paying attention to my teachers, I shall treasure that definition. I would have paid more attention in school if the topic had been interesting. Who can pay attention to Algebra when the mind is full of spaceships and aliens?

#2893 09/03/05 04:48 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Spaceships and aliens?

I doubt most students are even capable of that.

Bet everyone can name the actors on Sienfeld (I can't because I've never watched a single episode of the show). Not one person can name the person that invented the television itself (using google doesn't count as remembering).

DA Morgan
#2894 09/04/05 04:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, you got my curiousity piqued. I had to look up the television inventor. I neither know nor care who played on "Seinfeld" so not a problem for me.

Aren't you glad "Self" wasn't down in the gulf coast? That kind of winds and storm just passes all imagination, even mine, and I've been in the edges of a hurricane once. Wouldn't want to be any closer. Some things once is too much.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.