Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I had once worked on a Knowledge Management theory. It tried to search for relevant information wihout any manual intervention.
Something like google.
The intelligence was acheived using Fuzzy logic and Blooms Question Matrix and My Response Matrix.
It tried to exploit the Group Discussion psycology to extract relevant information.
Its application was limited to hard core technical forums where there will be a limited domain of vocabulary.
Some understood what I was trying to say ...
Some refused to understand it ...
and some said it has already been invented.
I was shocked at my treatment....
And this happens only in India.

Anyways since then I have thought a lot and have decided to come up with a formula to measure Group Intelligence.
What do you think should be the following proposed formula?
Following assumptions can be taken:
1.Average intelligence of the group is - Very Good.
2.The resource availability for the connectivity is - very good.
3.Chances of a long unintelligent communication(below group average) is very small.
4.Group Intelligence varies linealy over a period of time. Intelligence on a given day is assumed to be constant.

Formula should be the function of Topics and Replies as this is the only direct input the group.

Group Focus(N members) = (Total No. of threads)/(total no. of topics)

Intelligence is the Group Focus measured for a Day.

Cheers

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A small correction here which is relevant to this non-ideal but active group.
Intelligence should me measured over a period of Week.

U
Superstar
Superstar
U
You only need one genius. The committee exists to assure he gets no credit. If you want stuff to get done you put up lots of chalkboards (none of that dry marker crap) and let sets of 1-3 folks argue in front of them. Compare results the next day and proceed.

A table lined with participants is an exercise of politics, fear, and mediocrity. Mediocrity is a vice of the doomed.

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The mearsurement will be used to create a standard ranking scale for the discussion forums(which will have several related applications)

Obviously the entire process needs to be auotmatic because we are talking about web wide world ranking.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone in the room please measure and verify the variation of Intelligence of this Group over the last 2-3 year and then try to correlate the intelligence upsurges in the behaviour of Group.
You will find that it is non-linear.

THIS IS CALLED NON-LINEAR EVOLUTION.

Show it all those who still are in doubt of my theroy.

S
S
Oh well, our expectations are all low. In one of my MBA classes we did an experiment on synergy with four groups. In most of the groups, a strong leader forced his opinions on the group and they got scores at or below the best individual score in the group. Our group got a score that was 30% higher than the best individual score. That is what group think is suppose to be about, but it takes the right kind of people to do that, leaders who are willing to learn and not just to gain power.

Sparky
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh well, our expectations are all low. In one of my MBA classes we did an experiment on synergy with four groups. In most of the groups, a strong leader forced his opinions on the group and they got scores at or below the best individual score in the group. Our group got a score that was 30% higher than the best individual score. That is what group think is suppose to be about, but it takes the right kind of people to do that, leaders who are willing to learn and not just to gain power.

REP: You entire experiment was not based on my principles. Your prime criteria to judge the intelligence was based on ability to achieve results based(forced or democratic)
In my theory the depth of discussion and focus determines the intelligence.
When you will calculate the intelligence of this group over a long period of time get a rising stock market like figure with rare big Quantum jumps. It would interesting to see if things can De-Evolve(in intelligence) permanently.Local variations take place everyday everywhere and prabably with everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The role of Sex has been very interesting in the evolution ... I think it might have acted as a Gas Paddle for Human Consciousness to increase the rate of Understanding...
This might have triggered the Non-Linearity in the Evolution.
One day it all became clearer because of Sex.(and Love ofcourse)

Infact even today it acts as an accelerator of human growth.Therefore Sex Management is central to any Model of Human Development(Development as understood by Western thought.)
Issues like Rape , Prostitution and Marriages must be understood properly....
The so called crime and success stories both begin with a desrie of Sex with someone.
In my Country Saints say no to Sex and any associated prosperity because their Development Model is different..
And there are also some fanatics who understand nothing and claim to own the morality of Sex which condemns Women.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have already discussed the Group Intelligence concept.
Here I will show you how to measure
a group Member Intelligence.

Knowledge Ratio =
((total no. of last postings)+ (Total No.of Participated Topics))/(Total No.of Participated Topics)

Member Intelligence is the Knowledge Ratio measured over a period of time.

This can be extended to find core Knowledge Centers within the group...
Any doubts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I object. Some members post a great deal of trivial nonsense or non-sequitir and off-topic material. This puts them higher by your method than those who post only Science and stick to the rules. Just because someone posts something to a thread it doesn't mean they posted something intelligent; oftentimes they are blowing out their arse and know nothing of the topic to which they post. Why should such persons be considered more intelligent than a genuine expert in a narrow field that is seldom seen or considered on this forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I object. Some members post a great deal of trivial nonsense or non-sequitir and off-topic material. This puts them higher by your method than those who post only Science and stick to the rules. Just because someone posts something to a thread it doesn't mean they posted something intelligent; oftentimes they are blowing out their arse and know nothing of the topic to which they post. Why should such persons be considered more intelligent than a genuine expert in a narrow field that is seldom seen or considered on this forum?
REP: I agree.Infact it can be proved that I was wrong.The purpose of Discussion is to discuss and not close the discussion.
I assume all intelligent statements can be safely assumed be further discussable and it is due to the overall effect of the discussion a topic closes and NOT due to a Question-Answer Type Session where the last Answer it the Best Answer.

Brillinat!!
The above excercise shows that there are limited options in term of determining the Intelligence.

Yesterday I went home and I realized I was wrong:

The Memeber Focus remains same in structure as the Group Focus..You see it was simple but had complicated it unnecessarily.

Here we go :

Member Focus =(Total Threads posted by her)/(Total Topics participated by her)

(AMI)Absolute Member Intelligence = Member Focus measured over a 30 days(no of days should increase to include larger sample)

Let us define Intelligence with respect to the Group

(RMI)Relative Memeber Intelligence =
(AMI) * (Total Topics Discussed by her) *(no. of active participants) / Total No. Of Topics

We know
AGI(Absolute Group Intelligence )=(Total Threads)/(Total Topics)

Therefore
AGI = SUM(RMI)/N

If you want to automate the Memebership Rating you can do that:

Rating = (RMI/AGI) * 100

0-20% - 5 rating
20-40% - 4
40-60% - 3
60-80 - 2
80-100-1 rating

Am I correct?

In real life this how the Brain Cells act..
A problem is given to everybody and only few reply with varying degree of intelligence...
Overall Output is termed as Human Intelligence...

I missed Nobel .. i know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Infact you must also consider Absolute Intelligence for ranking as well.
Which gives us :
AMI Ranking = AMI*(No.of Particiants)/SUM(AMI)*100

Final Ranking = (AMI Rank + RMI Rank)/2

There is measurement associated to
Group Coherence as well .. can someone help me find its formula?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me help you :
Lets define Mean Average Percentage Error(MAPE) for each member
Absolute Intelligence MAPE(AIM) = ABS(RMI-AMI)

Relative Intelligence MAPE(RIM) = ABS(RMI-AMI)*(Total Topics Participated)/ Total no. of Topics

Absolute Group Coherence(AGC) = 100 - SUM(AIM)/N

N- no of participants

Relative Group Coherence(RGC) = 100 - SUM(RIM)/N

Group Coherence = (AGC + RGC) / 2

Can we have more measremnets related to our Group Computation Theory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Carrying on the discussion let us define
Group Awareness

Group Awareness(GA) = Group Coherence(GC %) * Group Intelligence / 100

This was simple, isnt it ?
Next we define Absolute Group Intelligence Scale :
AGI = GA / SUM(GA)(for all the Group in any Group Universe)

Relative Group Ranking for each Group
RGI = AGI * (Total Topics Discussed in a Group)/(Total No. Of Topics in Group Universe)

Now we know what do in order to rank the Group :

(GRS)Group Ranking Scale = (AGR + RGR ) / 2

Now we are left finding a parameter called as Group Universe Harmony
Can someone come up with a formula for this ?
It is very simple.

Further I would also like to know whether we can apply this theory in Neural Networks consiting of a learning Group Universe?

What significance Group Harmony plays in taking a decision?

Make sure that you keep all the information in your diaries so that you can test it yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on guys someone should respond.
Tell me what is Harmony?
I give you a clue.. Harmony has a Age which means it gets created and destroyed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not even bad guesses??
Thats bad.
Try and you will discover something new I promise.

This one is for the Administrator:
I have lost my password and am unable to login to the site for any other machine. Can you please send it to
onetreemanybranches@yahoo.com?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody's helping me ...why ?
If you guys really feel that I should stay in this Forum then someone should take up my case.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you lost your password you wouldn't be able to post at all. I will pass the message on to Kate for you. I'm not sure she can help you, but I don't have access to member passwords.

"Amaranth"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No help yet received Rose.
Please do something.

Also the Topic of Discussion is still very much relevnat, infact much more relevant, after making the discovery of m-theroy.
Using Group Computation Theroy we can compute as a whole for a Scoieties and World...
Let us see if we have coruage to it forward with me... as always.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Harmony is the knowledge that there are no error in the system.There is nothing worth discussing or knowing.
It is something which (like Topic,Member) which stops any further discussion.(Knowledge Entropy is maintained at the current levels)
The Topic which reduced the rate of creation of any further Topics is a Harmonious Topic.
Member who killed the maximum number of participated topics is a Harmonious Member.
Similary Group which reduces the rate of creation of any further new Groups is a Harmonious Group.
E.g My m-Theory is a Harmonious Group as it prevents any further creation of a New Group.(Above it there is nothing.It is Supreme.)
Or Physically you can say Universe is Harmonious Group for Majority of the Population..
That explains why we look up into the SKY.
(PTG)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.