Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Wanting doesn't get results?
What absolute nonsense!
Wanting to be in tune and harmony with the Infinite--GOD--plus my wanting to take, and taking, right actions, stop resisting, has got me, and is getting me all kinds of results.

#28655 The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that what we call "creation" is an illusion of the human mind, and we, individually, are creating it with our minds, right now.

This wanting/action process has even got you to wise up and write shorter, less opaque and better-organized posts, now and then. Though you do slip back, too often, into your old ego-based habit.

#28655 The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that what we call "creation" is an illusion of the human mind, and we, individually, are creating it with our minds, right now.

Now, please get rid of the nasty habit of taunting posters, especially our two new and much-welcome ones, as if we are brain-dead!

#28655 The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that what we call "creation" is an illusion of the human mind, and we, individually, are creating it with our minds, right now. BTW, I say the above as a matter of fact, without being judgmental. All illusions can be helpful.

Like I said. It's nice to want, but...Wanting doesn't give you any thing... wink
Especially when want is creating from the level of illusion.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Some illusions are good; some, like TT, are not so good. smile So what! As I said, depending on ones point of view, "All illusions can be helpful."

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Some illusions are good; some, like TT, are not so good. smile So what! As I said, depending on ones point of view, "All illusions can be helpful."

Illusions are illusions.
The notion of a good or bad illusion, is still illusion.
Personal points of view created from illusion as illusion is
illusion.

Obviously trying to self impose an illusion as another's illusion is still an illusion, or to suppose another is something other than an illusion is an illusion created from illusion.

This is fun, isn't it? wink

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Zero-sum games are experiences played by those trapped in their egos. Such are of no value to those interested in community encouragement.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Zero-sum games are experiences played by those trapped in their egos. Such are of no value to those interested in community encouragement.
Exactly!!!

The following quotes are testimony to the reality of the Zero-Sum game or the illusion of ego.

Quote:
The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that what we call "creation" is an illusion of the human mind, and we, individually, are creating it with our minds, right now.
Thoughts generated from illusion produce illusion. Ego is the illusion generator.
Quote:

BTW, I say the above as a matter of fact, without being judgmental. All illusions can be helpful.

From illusion generated by ego, judgment is an illusion, and what is helpful or not helpful defined by the ego-mind living in illusion.
Quote:

I have my version of creation, and you have yours.

Ego generating the illusion of me, mine, you, yours, separated from awareness of truth projects fragments of illusion, and believes fragments of illusion can be added to create the sum of something real when in fact it is still illusion. No thing plus no thing is still "no thing".
Quote:

Think about it! What are you and I creating, right now?

Nothing of any value to community if such community is the fragmenting of illusion, and without anything real to give value to, value is lost in the illusions of, illusion being reality.

S
S
Perhaps the crucifixion is an analogy of self transformation.

There is only God/consciousness, and choice has nothing to do with this actuality. A choice made permanent would only hinder potential. Potential is all there is, potential is always becoming, just as knowledge is always expanding. Choices are made through knowledge, therefore, what is a permanent choice?

If all thoughts and actions everywhere and always are no longer owned in the thought of individuality, how does one think and act, do they think and act as if they are God?

You seem to like the word illusion. What is not real or deceptive if all outer occurrences are inner projections? What part of the psyche determines what is real or not real?

The unmanifest, is just that, unmanifested, so how does the one mind come to be? How does mind manifest the unmanifested, or itself? Is all manifestation an Illusion? If so, how does the mind that is of the unmanifest, realize that it is, within itself an illusion? And if it can do this, then anything emanating from the one mind would be an illusion, for it is, in itself illusion.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
There is a difference between an illusion and a delusion. I think that there is some confusion about that here.

An illusion contains the idea of falsehood or delberate misleading by one person to another, whereas delusion is a false belief or idea held individually, perhaps shared with no one. Thus whilst we may have our own delusions, recognised or unrecognised, we are also unable to see the illusions presented to us by others. It is the latter illusions that underpin much zealotry and and unhappiness in our society. it is we who allow the unscrupulous amongst our leaders to use such illusions to extend their personal power, at the expense of public good.

We need our dreams, our aspirations and our beliefs, but we have to guard against having them used by others for their own illusory ends.

S
S
Wise words and well said. Yes, we need our dreams and aspirations and beliefs, for that is the trinity of being.

And yes, we need to guard against having them used by others for their own illusionary ends.

thank you for Summarizing this so well.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: sariah
Perhaps the crucifixion is an analogy of self transformation.
Perhaps it is more than that. Perhaps not.

There is only God/consciousness, and choice has nothing to do with this actuality. A choice made permanent would only hinder potential.

Potential cannot be hindered other than in egoic thought, making a choice (stand in belief which is an illusion) to reduce it from potential to something with limits and boundaries.
Once one makes the choice to let go of such boundaries of the imagination potential can reveal itself. Once one aligns with a choice that is expanding it is said to be permanent. But in Truth nothing is permanent other than the absolute potential and its reflection as consciousness or God.
Potential is all there is, potential is always becoming, just as knowledge is always expanding. Choices are made through knowledge, therefore, what is a permanent choice?

Potential is potential and is becoming thru the choices of individuality. It in itself never becomes something or is reduced to something thru choice. Choice is the expression of will that is the nature of consciousness living within potential.

If all thoughts and actions everywhere and always are no longer owned in the thought of individuality, how does one think and act, do they think and act as if they are God?
What is God but potential or consciousness? What is God if not the activity of Creation or desire and thought within potential as well as the silent stillness of potential?

You seem to like the word illusion. What is not real or deceptive if all outer occurrences are inner projections? What part of the psyche determines what is real or not real?

I think you think I seem to like the word illusion wink ..I think the word illusion is over played in the discussions of consciousness or loosely applied in the intellectual discussions that come not from awakened intellect but intellect immersed and bound in definitions based on perceptions of reality that is illusion.
If something is perceived one day as something and another as something else, the reference to illusion is that perceptions change with beliefs and opinions of the senses driven outward into experience rather than inward to that which underlies experience or from the awareness of Self absolute.

An interesting thought. Most dogs have a better sense of hearing and smell and taste than humans. Other animals better eyesight. Yet we as humans decide that our senses are much better adapted to deciding the true nature of reality.
Animals live purely in the moment without the reason to measure the past against the present or the future, and we as humans from outward driven belief in our limited senses pretend to assume what we see and hear, smell and taste is real.

The unmanifest, is just that, unmanifested, so how does the one mind come to be? How does mind manifest the unmanifested, or itself?

The unmanifest has a reflection that is the manifest. Both have always been. It doesn't come into being other than from the notions of it not being and then the notion of it being.
The notion is part and parcel to the unmanifest reflecting itself as potential

Is all manifestation an Illusion?
No.
If so, how does the mind that is of the unmanifest, realize that it is, within itself an illusion?
It doesn't, it of itself does nothing but is everything.
The question is like asking how a water droplet remains water when it is separated from the ocean.

And if it can do this, then anything emanating from the one mind would be an illusion, for it is, in itself illusion.
No. Illusions are the thought idealized from outward movement of the physical senses derived from potential as being something other than potential. The egoic vibration imagined from potential within potential.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Quote:

We need our dreams, our aspirations and our beliefs, but we have to guard against having them used by others for their own illusory ends.

When we do guard ourselves from others it is only thru the illusion that those others are not part of our dreams and the misunderstanding of dreams.

S
S
perhaps you should review Ellis's last post on illusion or delusion.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
perhaps you should review Ellis's last post on illusion or delusion.

pourquoi?

S
S
porqué no

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Sariah, I have discovered that, SAGG, like Brainmeta has an ignore button, thank GOD!!!

Now, with help from http://hubpages.com/hub/How-to-back-down-gracefully-in-an-argument

let us dialogue about, and focus, on the topic, Re: EGO
=================================================
The following are not dogmas; they are just notes from what I have read:
=================
Pre-Op Before we operate let's Scrub in first.

The subject of arguments is a complex one so I'm going to segment this article into several distinct groups and I'll decode each one, complete with videos to give you ample comprehension of the particular area. This is going to require surgery of your mindset.

We will need to remove, or neutralize the cancer
(can't sir?) that's eating away at your ego, causing it to violently defend its life. I believe the surgery will be successful as it has a high success rate, and is completely safe.

As with any good surgery, we won't be removing any vital organs of thought, I will simply show you the cure and leave it up to you the surgeon, to decide if its the best course of action to take for your well being.
=====================
This is all about:
How to back down gracefully in an argument, retain your dignity, enlighten the other person, and sustain your own views.
=====
Do not interfere with others fights, especially if your doing so ONLY because you feel angry at what you see.
=========
Take Personal Responsibility for your feelings and emotions.
==========
Have the courage to question your every emotion.
=============================
When we're angry at anyone else for any reason, in reality were mad at ourselves for what we see about ourselves in them.
======================================
Its all in the definitions

Simply put re-framing is the art of changing your definitions of events.
====================
How you define things determines how you react to your world. How you define words defines how you react to language.
==========
Healthy dialogue: In healthy dialogue information is exchanged, in an unhealthy debate or argument, egocentric nonsense is exchanged.
=========
Psychoanalysis' definition of the ego:

the ego is the division of the psyche that is concious.

EGO MOST IMMEDIATELY controls thought and Behavior and is the most in touch with external reality--what we perceive with the senses.

This means that, if left unchecked, the ego can cause you to lose your cool, to say and do things that are not constructive, or based on reason, (like fighting just to be right even if your aware that your wrong!). In most arguments it's the ego that needs attention, not the subject matter.
===========
Dictionary.com's Definition:

* 1. The self, especially as distinct from the world and other selves.
* 2. In psychoanalysis, the division of the psyche that is conscious, most immediately controls thought and behavior, and is most in touch with external reality.
* 3. An exaggerated sense of self-importance; conceit.
* 4. Appropriate pride in oneself; self-esteem.

=================
Feel free to add you notes, including questions.
===================
THE GOAL IS:
============
The goal is enlightenment, not egotistical reprise. If people just leave their ego at the door, retain the definition of their goal, and use a little intelligence, they would experience:

* Less anger and arguments
* Aha Moments
* Friendship not competition
* Love
* Growth
* new keywords/concepts to look up in their favorite subjects
* deeper meaning to things they love and definiton of things they don't understand fully
* enlightenment in its purest form
* Less frustration with people, also known as learning "tolerance"
* The rush you feel when someone validates your opinions
* Receptiveness from others which translates into acknowledgment one of the 10 major things every person strives for in their life
* open mindedness, seeing things they would have missed had they kept their rigid views and not allowed new possibly valuable information in
* more friends and people who respect them highly
* money from writing hub pages because they speak more from understanding than ego driven opinionated rantings smile *wink*
* much much more...

===================

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/08/08 03:09 AM.
S
S
wink

I
I
Sariah, I have discovered that, SAGG, like Brainmeta has an ignore button, thank GOD!!!

So... where the h*** is that button, Revlgking? I haven't looked real hard but I haven't found it just messing around. I'd give ten quintillion bananas for one of those on this forum.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
IZ, here is an example, if I want to ignore you:
I first click on you name "Izachi" then "profile" then I get your PM place as follows:

Member #: 2264
Title: Junior Member

Total Posts: 30
Registered on: Mon Nov 24 2008 10:39 PM
Add to UBB Buddies | Ignore this user | Add to Watched Users | Show User's Posts

You owe me one banna topped with TTTTTTTTTTTTT, OK laugh

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/08/08 04:02 AM.
I
I
IZ, here is an example, if I want to ignore you:
I first click on you name "Izachi" then "profile" then I get your PM place as follows:

Member #: 2264
Title: Junior Member

Total Posts: 30
Registered on: Mon Nov 24 2008 10:39 PM
Add to UBB Buddies | Ignore this user | Add to Watched Users | Show User's Posts

You owe me on banna topped with TTTTTTTTTTTTT, OK laugh

I am eternally grateful. Heh, heh, heh.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
BTW, when I clicked on my own name, I found I cannot ignore myself. My ego will not let me!!! laugh

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Rev-- Thank you!!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.