Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Iztaci

So... ummm... you're just explaining to me what I said while at the same time, asking what more should be said?

Not at all. Just referring to the fact that nothing said from that platform of reality has any relevance to reality.
A vacuum of infinite intelligence.
Or an infinite vacuum of intelligence.
Or and infinite intelligent vacuum..... Or.. tired

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

I
I
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

So... ummm... you're just explaining to me what I said while at the same time, asking what more should be said?

Not at all. Just referring to the fact that nothing said from that platform of reality has any relevance to reality.
A vacuum of infinite intelligence.
Or an infinite vacuum of intelligence.
Or and infinite intelligent vacuum..... Or.. tired

... or, what time will it be in Saginaw a week from next Thursday? Septober, because Hewey, Dewey and Lewey were twins except for Cuthbert and he drove a Pontiac.

Last edited by Iztaci; 12/04/08 11:14 PM.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman
I
I
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
Iztaci, I don't think that straw men, or women, would ever be allowed even in so-called professional tag-team wrestling, eh? laugh
BTW, your presence, help and refreshing comments are much appreciated. Tag.

Thanks Revlgking. Appreciate the kind feedback.

The only time I ever tried a straw man was a scare-crow I made for my little garden. The crows quickly covered it with daubs of a nitrogen-rich glop with white spots in it and used it as an observation platform to survey the spoils.

When you talk to me like I'm five, I want to write on you with a crayon. -- Joanna Hoffman
T
Megastar
Megastar
T

... or, what time will it be in Saginaw a week from next Thursday? Septober, because Hewey, Dewey and Lewey were twins except for Cuthbert and he drove a Pontiac.

Yeah, and Ice cream has no bones...
The Rev. found the perfect tag team partner. wink

Game on!

I
I
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

Yeah, and Ice cream has no bones...
The Rev. found the perfect tag team partner. wink

Game on!

No, the game's not on. I'm not going to continue in a mano e mano did-to-did-not argument forever. It isn't fun and it is of no interest to the rest of those wishing to take part in a logical discussion. And it's completely off-topic. Your comments have become increasingly immature taunts one would expect from a sand-box. It's clear you insist on the last word so go ahead and have it. After that, you're just wasting your time and the forum's bandwidth.

Last edited by Iztaci; 12/05/08 07:54 AM.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

No, the game's not on. I'm not going to continue in a mano e mano did-to-did-not argument forever. It isn't fun and it is of no interest to the rest of those wishing to take part in a logical discussion. And it's completely off-topic. Your comments have become increasingly immature taunts one would expect from a sand-box. It's clear you insist on the last word so go ahead and have it. After that, you're just wasting your time and the forum's bandwidth.

This thread went off topic at post #28618, when the Rev. discovered he couldn't comprehend the subject of ego beyond his terms and vocabulary.
You piped in to make your comment regarding your opinion of my post and the Rev. happily acknowledged a growing tag team relationship.
Since you made the comment that the intelligence level of humanity is not sufficient to comment on the nature of reality as it is, it would seem a moot point to suggest anyone could discuss the topic to any satisfaction, least of all yours.
Which is probably why it hasn't progressed beyond this stage and also why no one else has attempted to engage the topic of discussion.
Anytime either of you want to objectify the topic rather than just immerse yourself in the example of it, would be good for the discussion.

The Rev. wants others to join him at the level of the ego to work on the ego, sort of a Jesse James ego Monster Garage where you can take a junker and soup it up.
You so far haven't said anything about the topic at hand, just made comments about the comments and commentators.

Any time you want to grow up, is when I would imagine you might say something with some meaning toward this topic of discussion.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
... No, the game's not on. I'm not going to continue in a mano e mano did-to-did-not argument ... it is of no interest to the rest of those wishing to take part in a logical discussion....It's clear you insist on the last word so go ahead and have it. ...
Exactly my feelings, Iztachi. From the beginning of my joining SAGG I have indicated that I am not here as the font of wisdom. My interest is: using the Socratic method of dialogue, perhaps we can work together--agreeing to disagree, in harmony--and to draw out our collective wisdom and learn from one another.

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/05/08 03:18 PM.
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
To all who would like, using the Socratic approach, get in on this dialogue: As we work to deal with the problem of evil with its suffering and pain, what do you feel are the burning issues and questions of primary and deepest concern to human kind? What makes us truly humane beings?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
To all who would like, using the Socratic approach ("of or pertaining to Gk. philosopher Socrates" (469-399 B.C.E.), especially in reference to his method of eliciting truth by question and answer.), get in on this dialogue: As we work to deal with the problem of evil with its suffering and pain, what do you feel are the burning issues and questions of primary and deepest concern to human kind? What makes us truly humane beings?

In Question and answer one must have answers to questions.
God is not democratic, only the ego idealizes God thru democratic opinion and belief.

(From the Yoga of Jesus)

The "Second Birth": Awakening of Soul-Intuition

Hidden Truth in Jesus' parables

And the disciples came, and said unto him, "Why speakest thou unto them in parables?" He answered and said unto them,"Because it is give unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given...Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand"
(Matthew 13: 10, 11,13)

When Jesus was asked by his disciples why he taught in parables, he answered, "Because it is ordained that you who are my real disciples, living in spiritualized life and disciplining your actions according to my teachings, deserve by virtue of your inner awakening in your meditations to understand the truth of the arcane mysteries of heaven and how to attain the kindom of God, Cosmic Consciousness hidden behind the vibratory creation of cosmic delusion.
"But ordinary people, unprepared in their receptivity, are not able to either comprehend or to practice the deeper wisdom-truths. From parables, they glean according to their understanding simpler truths from the wisdom I send out to them. By practical application of what they are able to receive, they make some progress toward redemption."...
How do the receptive perceive truth, whereas the unreceptive "Seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand"? The ultimate truths of heaven and the kindom of God, the reality that lies behind sensory perception and beyond the cogitations of the rationalizing mind, can only be grasped by intuition__awakening the intuitive knowing, the pure comprehension of the soul.

There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews: The same came to Jesus by night, and said unto him,
"Rabbi, we know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can do these miracles thou doest, except God be with him."
Jesus answered and said unto him, "Verily, verily, I say unto thee, except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God."
Nicodemus saith unto him, " How can a man be born when his old? Can he enter the second time into his mother's womb, and be born?"
Jesus answered, "Verily, verily I say unto thee, except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. That which is born of flesh is flesh; and that which is born of Spirit is spirit. Marvel not that I said unto thee, 'Ye must be born again.'The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit"
(John 3:1-8)

Nicodemus visited Jesus secretly in the night, for he feared social criticism. It was an act of courage for one of his position to approach the controversial teacher and to declare his faith in Jesus' divine stature. He reverently affirmed his conviction that only a master who had actual God-Communion could work the superlaws that govern the inner life of beings and all things.
In reply, Christ forthrightly directed Nicodemus' attention to the heavenly Source of all phenomena in creation -- Mundane as well as "miraculous"--pointing out succinctly that anyone can contact that Source and know the wonders that proceed therefrom, even as Jesus himself did, by undergoing the spiritual "second birth" of intuitional soul-awakening.
The superficially curious crowds attracted by displays of phenomenal powers received only scantily from the wisdom trove of Jesus, but the manifest sincerity of Nicodemus elicited from the Master determinate guidance that emphasized the Supreme Power and Goal on which man should concentrate. Miracles of wisdom to enlighten the mind are superior to miracles of physical healing and the subjugation of nature; and the even greater miracle is the healing of the root-cause of every form of suffering: delusive ignorance that obscures the unity of man's soul and God. That primordial forgetfulness is vanquished only by Self-Realization, through the intuitive power by which the soul directly apprehends its own nature as individualized Spirit and perceives Spirit as the essence of everything.

All bona fide revealed religions of the world are based on intuitive knowledge. Each has an exoteric or outer particularity, and an esoteric or inner core. The exoteric aspect is the public image, and includes moral precepts and a body of doctrines, dogmas, dissertations, rules, and customs to guide the general populace of its followers. The esoteric aspect includes methods that focus on actual communion of the soul with God. The exoteric aspect is for the many; the esoteric is for the ardent few. It is the esoteric aspect of religion that leads to intuition, the firsthand knowledge of Reality.
The lofty Sanatana Dharma of the Vedic philosophy of ancient India--summarized in the Unpanishads and in the six classical systems of metaphysical knowledge, and peerlessly encapsulated in the Bhagavad Gita--is based on intuitional perception of the Transcendental Reality. Buddhism, with its various methods of controlling the mind and gaining depth in meditation, advocates intuitive knowledge to realize the transcendence of nirvana. Sufism in Islam anchors the intuitive mystical experience of the soul. Within the Jewish religion are esoteric teachings based on the inner experience of the Divine, evidenced abundantly in the legacy of the God-illumined Biblical prophets. Christ's teachings are fully expressive of that realization. The apostle John's Revelation is a remarkable disclosure of the soul's intuitional perception of deepest truths garbed in metaphor.

The "second birth," the necessity of which Jesus speaks, admits us the land of intutional perception of truth. The New Testament may not have been scribed with the word "intuition" but it is replete with references to intuitive knowledge. Indeed, the twenty-one verses describing Nicodemus' visit present in condensed epigrammatic sayings so typical of Oriental scripture, Jesus' comprehensive esoteric teachings relating to the practical attainment of the infinite kingdom of blissful divine consciousness.
These verses have been largely interpreted in support of such doctrines as baptism of the body by water as prerequisite of entering God's kingdom after death (John 3:5); that Jesus is the only "son of God" (John 3:16}; that mere "belief" in Jesus is sufficient for salvation, and that all are condemned who do not so believe (John 3:17-18).
Such exoteric reading of scripture engulfs in dogma the universality of religion. A panorama of unity unfolds in an understanding of esoteric truth.

"Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God"

This choice of words by Jesus is an allusion to his familiarity with the Eastern spiritual doctrine of reincarnation. One meaning to be drawn from this precept is that the soul has to be born repeatedly in various bodies until it reawakens to realization of its native perfection.
It is a false hope to believe that at bodily death the soul automatically enters into an everlasting angelic existence in heaven. Unless and until one attains perfection by removing the debris of Karma (effects of one's egoic beliefs and actions} from the individualized God-image of his soul, he cannot enter God's kingdom. (Be ye perfect, even as your Father in heaven is perfect" [Matt: 5:48])
The ordinary person, constantly creating new karmic bondage by his wrong actions and material desires, adding to the accumulate effects of numerous previous incarnations, cannot free his soul on one lifetime. It takes many lifetimes of physical, mental and spiritual evolution to work out the Karmic entanglements that block soul intuition, the pure knowing without which one cannot see the "kingdom of God."
The principle import of Jesus' words to Nicodemus goes beyond an implied reference to reincarnation, This is clear from Nicodemus'request for further explanation of how and adult could reach God's kingdom: Must he reenter his mother's womb and be reborn? Jesus elaborates int eh succeeding verses as to how a person can be "Born again" in his present incarnation--how a soul identified with the flesh and sense limitations can acquire by meditation a new birth in Cosmic Consciousness.

"Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God."

To be "born of water" is usually interpreted as a mandate for the outer ritual of baptism by water - a symbolic rebirth - in order to be eligible for God's kingdom after death. But Jesus did not mention a rebirth involving water. "Water" here means protoplasm; the body is made up mostly of water and begins its earthly existence in the amniotic fluid of the mother's womb.
Though the soul has to go through the natural process of birth that God has establishes through His biological laws, physical birth is not enough for man to be fit to see or enter into the kingdom of God.
The ordinary consciousness is tied to the flesh, and through the two physical eyes man can see only into the diminutive playhouse of this earth and its encircling starry sky. Through the small outer windows of the five senses, body-bound souls perceive nothing of the wonders beyond limited matter.
When a person is high aloft in an airplane he sees no boundaries, only limitlessness of space and free skies. But if he is caged in a room, surrounded by windowless walls, he loses the vision of vastness.
Similarly, when man's soul is sent out in the infinity of Spirit into a sensory-circumscribed mortal body, his outer experiences are confined to the limitations of matter. So Jesus alluded to the fact, as expressed by modern scientists, that we can see and know only as much as the limited instrumentality of the senses and reason allow.
Just as by a two inch telescope the details of the distant stars cannot be seen, so Jesus was saying that man cannot see or know anything about the heavenly kingdom of God through the unaugmented power of his mind and senses. However, a 200-inch telescope enables man to peer into the vast reaches of star-peopled space; and similarly, by developing the intuitional sense through meditation he can behold and enter the causal and astral kingdom of God--birthplace of thoughts, stars, and souls.
Jesus points out that after man's soul becomes incarnate--born of water, or protoplasm--he should transcend the mortal impositions of the body by self-development. Through awakening the "sixth sense," intuition, and opening the spiritual eye, his illuminated consciousness can enter into the kingdom of God. In this second birth the body remains the same; but the souls consciousness, instead of being tied to the material plane, is free to roam in the boundless, eternally joyous empire of Spirit.
God intended His human children to live on earth with an awakened perception of the Spirit informing all creation, and thus to enjoy His dream-drama as a cosmic entertainment. Alone among living creatures, the human body was equipped, as a special creation of God, with the instruments and capacities necessary to express fully the soul's divine potentials. But through the delusion of Satan(EGO), man ignores his higher endowments and remains attached to the limited fleshly form and its mortality.
As individualized souls, spirit progressively unfolds Its power of knowing through the successive stages of evolution: as unconscious response in minerals, as feeling in plant life as instinctive sentient knowledge in animals, as intellect, reason, and undeveloped introspective intuition in man, and as pure intuition in the superman.
It is said that after eight million lives traveling the successive steps of upward evolution like a prodigal son through the cycles of incarnations, at last the soul arrives in human birth. Originally, human beings were pure sons of God. Nobody knows the divine consciousness enjoyed by Adam and Eve except the saints. Ever since the Fall, man's misuse of his independence, he has lost that consciousness by associative equivalence of himself with the fleshly ego and its mortal desires. Not altogether uncommon are persons more like instinct-motivated animals than intellectually responsive human beings. They are so materially minded that when you talk about food or sex or money they understand and reflexively respond, like Pavlov's famous salivating dog. But try to engage them in a meaningful philosophical exchange about God or the mystery of life, and their uncomprehending reaction is as though their conversationalist were crazy.
The spiritual man is trying to free himself from the materiality that is the cause of his prodigal wandering in the maze of incarnations, but the ordinary man does not want more than a betterment of his earthly existence. As instinct confines the animal within prescribed limits, so also does reason, belief and opinion of ego circumscribe the human being who does not try to be superman by developing intuition and expanded awareness of reality.
The person who worships reason only and is not conscious of the availability of his power of intuition in expanded states of consciousness--by which alone he can know himself as soul--remains little more than a rational animal, out of touch with the spiritual heritage that is his birthright....

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
It is a great pity there is no precis button. Apparently in cyberspace there is no scarcity of bandwidth.

TT- I challenge you to write a post in Plain English. You may not be such a lonely genius then, when you converse with we morons in a non-condesending way.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I didn't author the above post on "Second Birth", tho I did write it. So what is it that you don't comprehend?

If we are going to approach this subject in the Socratic dialogue the Rev. desires then its all about questions and answers rather than taking corners and insisting ones own corner is the extent of the universe and that one play strictly in one playfield.

If one wishes to elevate themselves beyond the influences of the ego one will necessarily have to learn something new so as to remove themselves from the realm of lesser understandings.

I think if someone was really interested in a subject they would take the time to learn, rather than take their beliefs and skim topics looking for something that meets their expectations and without actually learning something new, just add a few words in the subject matter to their repertoire of thoughts, claiming to have the knowledge and experience of said topic, don'tcha think?

Since we are speaking of enlightenment and ego lets begin with the oldest authors on the subject of ego and enlightenment. Then by deciphering the meanings of enlightened scripture one begins to understand.
Since I have I have dedicated my life to this particular subject matter I feel I have some understanding of the topic and of what scripture is based on.

You want me to change the language.
The Rev. wants all posts regarding subject matter to be in 25 words or less, with a personal biography and Iztaci doesn't believe in anything other than facts and figures.

So far we have a small group of people who want things their way and no one has yet tried to take themselves out of the box they insist reality fit in for their convenience.

This is all about ego right? And no one wants to change anything inside of them, they all want the outside to change so they don't have to.

Great demonstration of how not to rise above the ego.

S
S
Although you so believe, you have not risen above the ego. YOU attract to YOU your self projections, yet you discredit them, and judge them and SEPARATE them from yourself. Perhaps you need to dedicate and study more to fully understand what enlightenment truly is and grow beyond your box.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I attract growth and possibility.
You see what you can see.

S
S
How do you grow and create greater possibilities while judging? Can you see beyond your judgments that are reflected to you through the words of others and grow? True, we can only see what we can see, what do you see TT that is not filtered through judgment?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: sariah
How do you grow and create greater possibilities while judging? Can you see beyond your judgments that are reflected to you through the words of others and grow? True, we can only see what we can see, what do you see TT that is not filtered through judgment?

Do you suppose the crucifixion was the Judgment of Jesus toward himself through the others that strove to kill him? Possibly Jesus exalted himself in social and spiritual suicide.. confused

Anyway the ramblings and illusions of ego that come from the visions of ones decision to identify with what comes at them is the lesser vision of the ego when one does not have the experience of God within.
Once one knows all is but the One consciousness life begins to get interesting.
Why limit yourself to believing in the beliefs and projections of those others as the ideal reality?

S
S
Perhaps the crucifixion of Jesus was an analogy of self transmutation.

When one experiences God, then one realizes that there is only God in the reflection of potential. Life gets interesting when one realizes that all experiences are a reflection of ones inner being, henceforth there is no believing in others, only self growth through reflection, realizing that others are just a mirror of our inner projections.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Sariah. I hope you and the other new voices will see fit to stay with us. The attitude expressed by some of us posters can be a bit problematic, and off-putting, don't you think? I assume are the accepting kind.

Last edited by Revlgking; 12/06/08 04:39 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Sariah, you wrote to TT:
Quote:
"Although you so believe, you have not risen above the ego."
Note that he refuses to accept your observation.

But note, also: He has no problem calling others egoic:
Quote:
This is all about ego right and no one wants to change anything inside of them, they all want the outside to change so they don't have to.

BTW, I want my ego to be a friendly servant. smile

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Perhaps the crucifixion of Jesus was an analogy of self transmutation.

The crucifixion was a reflection of many things.
"Suffering" in the belief of such difficulty as "rising above helplessness" in Self mastery. Ignorance of ego. Love of God. Unity of the un-manifest and the manifest. Reincarnation.
Circumvention of Karma through self discovery.
Illusion of the physical body.
The battle between good and evil also known as intuitive knowledge of Self and the destructive habit of clinging to physical identity.
Surrender and Service.
God in multidimensional activity...to name a few.

When one experiences God, then one realizes that there is only God in the reflection of potential. Life gets interesting when one realizes that all experiences are a reflection of ones inner being, henceforth there is no believing in others, only self growth through reflection, realizing that others are just a mirror of our inner projections.

Life does get interesting when one experiences the reflections as ones inner being. Until God is perceived as the underlying Truth of all reflections the illusion of growth, or "Second Birth" is a choice to discern between the underlying Truth and the surface reflections.
Once that choice has become permanent there is only God. All desires, experiences, thoughts, and actions everywhere and always are no longer owned in the thought of individuality. There is only One Mind manifest from the unmanifest.

I want my ego to be a friendly servant. smile

It's nice to want.

But you still can't solve a problem from the level in which it was created.
Or said another way. Wanting doesn't give you results. It may draw forth the necessary reflections of truth and illusion but how will you discern between the two without the experience of truth? The reality is, that the truth has always been present within illusions of belief, why would saying you want something different actually change anything, even if you say it a thousand times?
Relative truths are the illusions of belief and opinion. Wanting from illusion and projecting an ideal from illusion doesn't create change, it just cycles old ideas into a temporary thought of something new.

"The spiritual man is trying to free himself from the materiality that is the cause of his prodigal wandering in the maze of incarnations, but the ordinary man does not want more than a betterment of his earthly existence."

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Wanting doesn't get results?
What absolute nonsense!
Wanting to be in tune and harmony with the Infinite--GOD--plus my wanting to take, and taking, right actions, stop resisting, has got me, and is getting me all kinds of results.

This wanting/action process has even got you to wise up and write shorter, less opaque and better-organized posts, now and then. Though you do slip back, too often, into your old ego-based habit.

Now, please get rid of the nasty habit of taunting posters, especially our two new and much-welcome ones, as if we are brain-dead!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.