Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: yourmaker316
Well i do see what you're getting at, but as you did bring god into this you kinda gotta ask yourself is this truly ethical. I mean one of the charactaristics of being a biotic creature is to age and develope.

Sure it's unatural but if you can get this research moving it may turn out to be one of those kick ass discoveries like flight.

Unnatural? What could be so unnatural about life? To ignore the essence of who we are and to look at just surface appearances and assume that is all there is, isn't the most intelligent of the options.
The nature of nature is hardly restricted to the simple textbook mechanics of biology.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Y
Y
I was merely using unnatural in its most basic sense: not there/happening origianlly. Though you bring up some very good points which are unarguable.

Here's a question. If this research is continued and become successful, will this become inherited affecting posperity? I mean if your altering a hormone or whatever that directly affects DNA and DNA directly affects an offspring could this discovery promote long lives for generations after?

I think therefore I'm MAN.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I was merely using unnatural in its most basic sense: not there/happening origianlly. Though you bring up some very good points which are unarguable.

Here's a question. If this research is continued and become successful, will this become inherited affecting posperity? I mean if your altering a hormone or whatever that directly affects DNA and DNA directly affects an offspring could this discovery promote long lives for generations after?

Influence based on genetics is still theoretical and evolutionary.
What I have learned about DNA and its abilities is that it's inherently without limitation to subjective analysis and responsive to levels of conscious awareness. Expanding consciousness activates DNA that is inactive in the waking state.

What science deals with mostly are 3 states of consciousness. Waking, Sleeping and Dreaming. The 4th state of consciousness typically described in the Sciences of spirituality such as Yoga describe the physical and psychological changes as well as changes in the DNA molecule which begins to produce what is called Soma and Ojas within the bloodstream.
Soma is a molecule which helps bind the subtle absolute to awareness and Ojas is like a superlubricant for the mechanism which helps reduce the effects of aging due to psychological and physical stress to the nervous system. The 4th state of consciousness is sometimes called Samadhi or Satori, or the Peace which passeth all understanding. The awareness of the Absolute. Spiritual sciences have long studied states of consciousness beyond the 4th, into the 5th, 6th and 7th state of consciousness natural to the physical body, experienced as being Human and Spirit at the same time.

What Science approaches in the idea of DNA and hereditary physical traits at the level of the physical or the mechanical is mostly geared to discovery at the physical or mechanical level without any connection to psychological or spiritual influences.
How spiritual sciences approach all physical and psychological manifestations is thru programing either current or past, and by past I mean latent stresses and beliefs that trail from one lifetime into another, described as Karma. That programming that I mention is that which effects the awareness of awareness itself. The density of thought as it is capable of experiencing human being as a dense meatbag or something much more with inherent intelligence either suppressed or unlocked.

What research often reveals are ideas or results based on directions of thought. If one is looking for something in particular one does not always notice the things that are not focused on. This is not a rule of course, so many things have been found along the way to certain ideals and goals that were not conceived of in the original intent. However when one focuses on one thing with no regard to anything else the concept generally is specialized in regard to intent and outcome.

What is the potential of Humanity? Is potential limited to evolution and mechanical fidgeting or is the inherent aspects of evolutionary growth laying dormant only to be discovered, turned on and revealed?

Spiritual sciences have always maintained there is nothing new. There is only the discovery of those things that are forgotten or ignored. So heredity becomes moot because we as potentially capable human beings only lack the awareness to turn on what is available and yet has been shut down or ignored by limiting our beliefs to single ideas and concepts of opinion.

It is our train of thought, opinion and belief which keeps us from turning the DNA molecule into a fully functional and operational mechanical device. The ego as it is reinforced by taking awareness outward limits the awareness of what is inside of us. What we insist on as truth is what keeps us and others locked into loops of superstitious cycles of generational influence and psychological limitation.

So what is un-natural, but that which is not known to exist as the original thought or in the original thought?
If we are still scientifically exploring our unknown beginnings as well as the extent of our evolution and potential who is to determine what is or isn't natural?

Anyone can draw a line in the sand. But that doesn't mean the activity of nature won't obliterate it with greater being than the thought that imagines the extent and finality of human limitation and the continually expanding Universal discoveries of design and potential.

Y
Y
So your saying that the key to potential evolution is not totally based on random changes but self inflicted changes. That's quite revolutionary.

The change in an individual's DNA most occur at a phase of conscienceness beyond even spiritual. If a person wanted a mechanical change you said mechanical with mechanical and spiritual with spiritual, but it'll have to be slightly beyond that which is of coarse the unknown.

Who knows people could have figured this out while sleep walking.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
So your saying that the key to potential evolution is not totally based on random changes but self inflicted changes. That's quite revolutionary.

The change in an individual's DNA most occur at a phase of conscienceness beyond even spiritual. If a person wanted a mechanical change you said mechanical with mechanical and spiritual with spiritual, but it'll have to be slightly beyond that which is of coarse the unknown.

Who knows people could have figured this out while sleep walking.

Or in between the dreams and the sleep walking....in ones true reflection of ones Self.

Y
Y
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle

Or in between the dreams and the sleep walking....in ones true reflection of ones Self.

I see. that's got to be extremely difficult if an individual wanted to knowingly change something. The desire would probably have to be planted in the subconscience which truly reveals itself during the dream and sleep walking phases.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
The desire is inherent to ones true Self and bubbles up thru the quagmire of thoughts dreams and ideals the egoic mind plays with.
Stanford University did a study and came up with the notion that we think some 50 to 60,000 thoughts per day. Many of them counter productive or conflicting with other thoughts, many of them repetitive. The mind lost in this pattern idealizes that happiness is associated to events linked to happy moments experienced in the past. By associating these thoughts into direction the mind uses the past to idealize the future thinking both the thoughts of good and bad from the past to try and hold a future thought of good for the future.

Ever try to hold a single idea in the mind for a length of time?

Try it sometime and see just how long it takes before it becomes convoluted or before other thoughts invade the thinking process.

Everyone wants to be permanently satisfied, not temporarily. Passing thoughts and experiences cannot do that. Only elevating the mind beyond the chatter to still the mind can do that.

IF one happens to listen to something different than the usual chatter they can get in touch with their greatest desire and that will (if they follow it) lead them to greater awareness in the stillness of mind. The mind then naturally dives deeper than the surface level of thoughts rising above the chatter of surface impressions by elevating the thinking process beyond the lesser ideals created from superstition to find its Self. That Self is much more in tune with reality than the programs created from past impressions which are full of apprehension, (fear) and ideals that create temporary happiness mixed with illusions of recreating past scenarios of unhappiness.

There are natural ways to allow the mind to take its natural course, and there are traditional superstitions to force the mind into compliance.
The natural way is the choice I would make and as nature takes its course our bodily mechanisms begin to function in accord with the greater part of our Self.

You think, therefore if you can follow the thought back to its source you can find yourself in the source of thoughts and you would be surprised to find you are more than just man. Being man is just one of many thoughts.

Y
Y
Wow.

You're right(of course) about holding thougts. I can never just get a clear head and stay on task with one thing. Now it'll be even harder because i'll think of this.

So by merely treasure mapping thoughts we could rip open our waking conscience. Well not really merely, but in words it was short.

It seems that meditators or even pot smokers may have a lead on this idea if they only know what they wanted to go after.

Time to experiment.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Wow.

You're right(of course) about holding thougts. I can never just get a clear head and stay on task with one thing. Now it'll be even harder because i'll think of this.

So by merely treasure mapping thoughts we could rip open our waking conscience. Well not really merely, but in words it was short.

It seems that meditators or even pot smokers may have a lead on this idea if they only know what they wanted to go after.

Time to experiment.

Pot smokers become dependent on their herb to still the mind rather than following a natural meditative practice.

I know because I used to take that route.

Y
Y
Originally Posted By: Tutor Turtle
Pot smokers become dependent on their herb to still the mind rather than following a natural meditative practice.

I know because I used to take that route.

I see. I wasn't truly planning that path but thanks for the warning.

Y
Y
Here's a question more related to the original topic.

If research continues and these telomerase are figured out and truly do extend telemeres make DNA live longer, how might this medicine go about to people? Would it be a surgery, injection or a pill to spark the enzyme into action.

Has this happened to another medical discovery?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.