Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
TT opines:
Quote:
Opinion is ego.
So what! Opinion is ego! Well then, this includes everything we write here, including what you just wrote.

IMO, Ellis, has a right to offer her opinion. So do we all--as long as we do not allow an arrogant ego to run and ruin our lives, it can be a useful tool.

If we let it, it will make slaves of us. This condemns us to living in a constant state of fear, resistance, envy, uncertainty, depression--all ego-driven emotions. Note the acronym FREUDE, which, ironically, is the German word for joy.
More on this, later.

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/27/08 07:53 PM.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Originally Posted By: Revlgking
TT opines:
Quote:
Opinion is ego.
So what! opinion is ego! Well then, this includes everything we write here, including what you just wrote.

IMO, Ellis, has a right to offer her opinion. So do we all--as long as we do not allow an arrogant ego to run and ruin our lives, it can be a useful tool.

If we let it, it will make slaves of us. This condemns us to living in a constant state of fear, resistance, envy, uncertainty, depression--all ego-driven emotions. Note the acronym FREUDE, which, ironically, is the German word for joy.
More on this, later.

From ego and Opinion you have become a slave. Fear drives reason and Opinion, envy, judgment and all emotions

Mt 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment.

Opinions made from the identification of duality drives energies that produce lifetimes of karmic pathways in duality. The wheel of Samsara, birth and rebirth.
When One does not know God the mind moves from textbook definitions and opinion driven from ego. God is not an opinion

Lk 11:42 But woe unto you, Pharisees! for ye tithe mint and rue and all manner of herbs, and pass over judgment and the love of God: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone.

Those who pay lip service and offer opinion to God rather than Immerse the mind in God can not see reality clearly and so pass over judgment that is true. For ego judgment is made from the intellect saturated in past memories and ideals. Opinion that is driven from ego identification.

Jn 5:22 For the Father judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the Son:

Clear sight and guidance comes from the Holy spirit and that spirit flows through the Son of God. The Christed man who's intellect is saturated in Spirit.

Judgment from God is wisdom and love.
Judgment (Opinion) From man is born of illusions created by what the ego calls reality.

25 Verily, verily, I say unto you, The hour is coming, and now is, when the dead shall hear the voice of the Son of God: and they that hear shall live.

The dead are those who are spinning the intellect on the wheel of Samsara. The wheel of birth and death. Incarnating time and time again because of energies created which are attached to the body and the ego.
Some will awaken to the Christ within and as such begin to hear the voice of spirit. Those that leave the world of the body behind for the spirit shall become reborn and shall have the ability to be the voice that is "The Son of God."

26 For as the Father hath life in himself; so hath he given to the Son to have life in himself;

The Son of Man truly lives when he is reborn as the Son of God. Then he is no longer dead (EGO) but alive as Spirit.

27 And hath given him authority to execute judgment also, because he is the Son of man.

Because the Son of Man is still a creation of God, with Free Will, God has given the Son of Man the ability to transmute the illusions of ego and to take the awareness into Truth Absolute.
There he can be reborn without the contstraints of ego and the beliefs in God as opinion.

Jn 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.

Jesus having immersed his intellect in Truth Absolute, washed away all personality of ego. Opinion had left the room.
All thoughts were of wisdom and love of God. Jesus' awareness was without ego and with God.

Jn 7:24 Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.

Live in Spirit (live as the son of God) not in human ideals and opinion. For to be human (the son of man) is to be ego and opinion.

Jn 8:16 And yet if I judge, my judgment is true: for I am not alone, but I and the Father that sent me.

For if I am Christed (Without ego, living from spirit) I am witness to the father and the Father witnesseth me. I and my Father are one. Universal mind (God) is fully manifest in form.

Jn 9:39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.

Interesting how Jesus mixed words so as to demonstrate his meanings rather than definitions of textbook ideals and opinion. Those that can hear know he never contradicted himself.

For Truth and by Truth he came into the world of Humans and their ego so that those who only saw through the eyes of belief and opinion might lose their egoic sight to become blinded to the identification with human being. And to be reborn into Being, as the Sons and daughters of God.

1 Cor 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

Thru Jesus, the spirit (That was Holy or of right mind) spoke to the heart/soul of man, through the ego, ( to those that could hear and see ), to guide them beyond "human being" and "opinion" to leave the individuality of opinion and belief, and to become what they had lost in awareness and being. To take the illusory clothes of identity with limitation and mortality and to be of the One mind of Spirit that they are.

1 Cor 4:3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self.

For me (Jesus) it is of no consequence, Opinion. For it is the illusion of ego and human being. I myself (Jesus) do not see myself and the world thru opinion, or human judgment. I only see God.

Mt 5:29 And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.

If that which you see of yourself in the reflection of opinion finally becomes visible as ego. Cast your human being out. That is not how God sees you but is how opinion and ego creates illusions of who you and others are. If you do not do this, all awareness is cast into the wheel of Samsara, Birth and rebirth. Your Karma will keep you locked into opinion life after life. That is what is also know as Hell.
One will only find growth, (Profit) by losing ones ego and opinion.

Mt 7:5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.

One will never see clearly from opinion and emotions that are "human being" as the Son of man. In order to see clearly and have the judgment that is Gods judgment, the ego must be left behind and the intellect immersed in spirit. Only then can one become useful to others that are locked in the ignorance of opinion and ego.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
To sleep, perchance to dream: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........!!!!!!!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
To sleep, perchance to dream: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........!!!!!!!
That is the ego. IT is the mind asleep. Dreaming illusions of opinion and belief.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
The above is the BIG EGO, giving orders, as usual. I am a little egg, getting ready to hatch and have lots of fun. BEWARE!!!:D, laugh

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
The above is the BIG EGO, giving orders, as usual. I am a little egg, just getting ready to hatch and have fun. BEWARE!!!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
No orders just facts.
Those that refuse God see only what they wish to.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Funny facts?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
To those that do not hear or see...

Incomprehensible.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Incomprehensible? Describing your EGO, eh?

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Incomprehensible? Describing your EGO, eh?

No, the unknown to a little egg that hasn't hatched and experienced real life.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Right on!!! Like a certain mentor I know; I am getting ready to be a genius laugh ................and have another looooooooooong sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!!!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Right on!!! Like a mentor I know; I am getting ready to be a genius laugh................and have another looooooooooong sleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep !!!!!

You'd need to wake up before you could get ready to sleep again.
Unless you just dream of waking and sleeping.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Please, be a nice and loving ego and do not disturb.....................
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...........

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Back to your dreams little egg, it's not time for you to wake up yet.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Ellis, et all, GOD within&beyond me just revealed this: While a friendly battle of wits can be an enjoyable experience for all Love-motivated people willing to have a friendly dialogue, keep in mind:
"Always be just, and fair! Never take on people who are half-armed. Let them hoist themselves on their own arrogant petard! Which they will do soon enough."

Good advice!!!! laugh

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/28/08 11:40 PM.
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Ellis, et all, GOD within&beyond me just revealed this: While a friendly battle of wits can be an enjoyable experience for all Love-motivated people willing to have a friendly dialogue, keep in mind:
"Always be just, and fair! Never take on people who are half-armed. Let them hoist themselves on their own arrogant petard! Which they will do soon enough."

Good advice!!!! laugh
The God within you and beyond you is divided and still isn't revealing itself in everything you hear, see and do, but continuing to segment reality into Good and evil.
Not the God you keep proclaiming is the real God of everything.

God should treat God as God don'tcha think? As the potential that is God, rather than the limitation and projection that is opinion and belief, or the fear and judgment of more or less "God", being in what you see and experience.

Still a lot of personality in that God of yours, not unlike the jealous or judgmental God so often relegated to religious extremes.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
WHEN IS THE DOING OF NOTHING AN EVIL THING TO DO?
Isn't idolatry just the belief in a do-thing god?
=================================================
As English/Irish politician/philosopher, Edmund Burke said, ‘The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.’

http://plato.stanford.edu/entries/burke/
=========================================
WHEN GOOD PEOPLE DO NOTHING LOOK WHAT HAPPENS. I remember hearing the news of this when it happened:

In March 1964, a woman was murdered in a street in New York City.

There were 38 witnesses to the killing of Kitty Genovese, but no one intervened. Only one called the police, but it was too late for Kitty Genovese. Thirty-eight people did not want to get involved. They were the silent bystanders.

The killing of Kitty Genovese shocked the United States. It revealed a society so anonymous and devolved that Good Samaritans apparently no longer existed. The Genovese case generated a substantial reaction, and led to the framing of Good Samaritan laws which remain as statutes of most US states.
------------------------------------------------
This means that in most jurisdictions it is not lawful to do nothing.

But what about arrogant do-gooders, those who insist that only they have the right to tell people what to believe and how to think and act?

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/30/08 03:00 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
FOR ANYONE WHO WOULD LIKE TO JOIN THOSE WHO INTEND TO DO SOMETHING:
http://www.intent.com
OR
http://www.intent.com/user/2495/manage/friends/accept/193?sort=abc

Last edited by Revlgking; 11/30/08 03:09 PM.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T

But what about arrogant do-gooders, those who insist that only they have the right to tell people what to believe and how to think and act?
I haven't met any such people. Nor would I think I would.

I guess that would be the difference between seeing through devolved eyes and evolved eyes. When one sees evil around them there is evil within them.

It would make sense don'tcha think? In order to bring God into vision one would have to be able to see the God in people to bring the God in people out into action. Otherwise the focus to change the world is from the vision of evil in the world.
What you focus on grows.

First you would have to know God, rather than conceptualize God from the limits of what opinion tells you is God like and evil.

Personality often uses prejudice to include God as ones prejudice. But God is not prejudiced. Only ego sees God thru prejudice but then that isn't really God but prejudice.

To find the order that is God in the world one would first have to know God to recognize God's order.
To see the arrow being drawn back as the force for change.
Often the ego decides that the change is God out of control and from the illusions of opinion and belief try to become a better God so that change is circumvented for the ego's vision of perfection. It's a common mistake of the ego to try and take the position of bettering God, because God is out of control and not doing what God need do for humanity. So instead of being one is always doing, setting what is out of order according to opinion, into the vision of order held in the mind and belief of ego.

Don't get me wrong, taking action is not a bad thing, God is action but often the mind is so caught up in some idea that being is not enough because being means to be complacent. Such is the ego's idea of being.
God is also stillness and from stillness of mind one moves forward with wisdom that is God's wisdom. Then reaction doesn't take place.

There is a saying: "If you seek to change the world because you see evil then you become part of the problem."

Life as one see's it is the reflection of ones ideals and beliefs. That reflection for the ego is full of good and evil. It is that tree of knowledge represented by the story of the garden of Eden. When man took mind out of the Garden (the still absolute) and immersed it in the activity of belief and opinion the world was filled with the images of what lives inside of man as man believes man is..

Once, back in the late '60's Maharishi Mahesh Yogi spoke in a University in California to a group of intellectuals (students).
A question was posed by a young student to Maharishi.
He asked, "Maharishi, there are starving people in the world, why would you strive to teach meditation instead of feeding the hungry?"
Maharishi responded.."If you teach a hungry man how to meditate he will become a Happy Hungry Man."

The answer at first would appear to go against logic. The egoic mind sees no value in starvation or hunger regardless of ones state of mind. But the value is limitless.
When the mind of a hungry person is steadfast in egoic belief and opinion that the world is against them there is no hope. They are victims to society and because they have become so attached to the idea that they have no power within themselves to live in a world that has not given them the power to live, they become powerless of themselves.

Yet let a man discover the power within themselves thru the process of self discovery and they become the light to achieve limitless possibilities. A hungry man who has such insight and energy will not wait for others to take care of him, nor feel sorry for himself or others. That person becomes filled with the potential of God and as a matter of reality in Gods vision and exaltation becomes a clear guide for others who have become dependent on others to make the world for them instead of making the world from the potential within them.

The mind that sees Good and evil places the ability of man within the limits of victimization, and helplessness. The mind that sees only God sees only the potential of mans ability to become One with all that is when the mind has temporarily become displaced thru belief and opinion. All that is needed is to clear the vision and man becomes Self sufficient and a boon to all those who have lost their sight and hearing.

So how to help humanity? As an enabler of division helplessness and evil, or as the mind of God?
One would have to be of the Mind of God rather than of opinion and belief, to know just what is needed for any situation, by clealry seeing the situation and the perfection in each situation.
In the words of a song regarding poker: You got to know when to hold em and when to fold em as well as when to play your cards.
You can do that from wisdom and clear vision being receptive to what is being played or from opinion and belief, second guess the table and react from the projected evils dwelling within the mind of ego.

C'est la vie

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.