Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
ONE AND ALL, Now that we are over 400,000 clicks in the last thread with a similar flavour to this one, consider the following:
=========================================================
ONE CURIOUS CANADIAN, IN A PRAYER--CONVERSATION WITH GOD--ONCE SUGGESTED TO GOD:
Okay God, you're really the one with all the answers, aren't you? If so, now that we have the Internet, why don't you set up your own Web Pages and give us the truth, as you know it. I for one will be all ears. You obviously know that I did some work in the media, eh? Therefore I have many, many questions.

The above is what I feel is an important question which was asked by a curious Canadian in a prayer-conversation he had with God, as he understood the concept.

As he walked away from his prayers--I mean, conversation with God--he thought to himself: I agree, we do need a new philosophy of theology, God and religion. I wonder what He...Or is it She?--has in mind? Perhaps the new thread will help reveal it, eh?.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Okay, whose wants to go first? Atheists,agnostics, AND even cynics, welcome!

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Direct experience often takes a second place to speculative beliefs and the most intelligent imaginations, because without the experience imagination can't possibly validate the unknown.

Fortunately God doesn't need a philosophy to experience itself.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
TT, good start. Now elaborate on what you mean, please!

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/05/08 01:53 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
The problem with philosophies derived from lack of experience is that they perpetuate the lack of understanding and the lack of direction needed to commune with God.

Philosophies are created by belief and projection. Not from experience and understanding of the subject at hand.

Those who boast a direct experience of God such as Jesus or Gautama Buddha speak of their experience and have taken time to direct disciples to their own experience.
Those that have not achieved an experience make assumptions as to the meaning of these directions and to what they might experience if they understood what they were talking about.

Religions have taken a road of misunderstanding rather than understanding, because they are based on the original master who was in communion with God not the path of experience.
When Jesus told Paul he was going to build his church he did not mean any kind of building or religion but the teaching of direct experience.

Because of superstition, doubt, fear and even stupidity, those who followed the masters of truth because they were impressed with their presence of being always put the master on a pedestal not really understanding that they were people just like they were. The ego places its low self esteem and disbelief far ahead of the Truth and experience of those who actually experience God and the best they can do with their impressions of being in awe of a master is to create a philosophy and a belief which eventually becomes a religion of relative truths.
Jesus said, "If a blind person leads a bind person, both of them will fall into a hole."

So for the past Two thousand years there have been many new philosophies created from the quagmire of ignorance, and as a result of the continuum of ignorance the seeds of discontent spread out in search of new ideas, philosophies and religions.

If Jesus were to walk into a church today and make the claim that he was Jesus, he would most likely be scrutinized and chided just as he was by the non believers in his own time, asked for credentials, possibly to perform a miracle or ten like a circus animal, before the doubt would begin to loosen from the mind that has no experience of God or what it is like to be in communion with God.

For centuries, the Teachings of the masters, (the same teachings of Jesus and Buddha) have continued to push the ego to its limit of tolerance and superstition, always giving the ego just cause to make up on its own some philosophy that will leave its ignorance, arrogance and delusions fully intact, so that it will not have to admit that everything it stands for is false or illusion.

God is forever patient for man to put down his demands and his beliefs so that God may enter into mans heart. But Man insists on limiting God to a certain point of view and for God to meet man on his terms.

It is a very very old game and it never ends in God surrendering to mans ego.

So the praying Canadian is speaking to himself insisting that God come forward and remove the self created ignorance, and make everything better when the man has not the capacity to engage a valid method of communication because he doesn't know what that really is. More than likely his pride would prevent him from letting go of everything he believes in to begin in innocence.

Jesus said, "Those who seek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will be disturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all. [And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

By disturbed it means that their projections will have failed to come close to the actual experience of communion with God.

Jesus said, "When you strip without being ashamed, and you take your clothes and put them under your feet like little children and trample then, then [you] will see the son of the living one and you will not be afraid."
By clothes he meant attachment to identity of self or ego self. Children do not attach themselves to the identity of ego as solidly as adults do after years of self absorption in personality and belief.

Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."

Those who have no philosophies or preconceived ideas to block direct contact with God.

All the italicized excerpts are from the Gospel of Thomas...

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
TT said
' "Jesus saw some babies nursing. He said to his disciples, "These nursing babies are like those who enter the kingdom."
Those who have no philosophies or preconceived ideas to block direct contact with God.'

If you have faith that god exists and believe that he/she/it listens to prayer what more do you want, or need. The stories/dogma etc., as TT suggests, just create confusion and opposition.

Faith and belief are all that is needed for god to exist..... Now religion... well that's another very different thing.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
GETTING THE JOKE
To get the joke, below, and the serious point which follows, one needs to know that, whether we do it or not, we Canadians have the reputation for ending many of our comments, especially ones to which we seek a response, with the interjection-like question, eh?
=================================
THE JOKE
One night, God listened to a certain lugubrious Canadian--who ironically, was often, also, ludicrous--saying his prayers, filled with lots of whining "ehs?".

When he finished, God asked him, "Why are you Canadians always so down on yourselves? You live in one of the best countries in the world and yet you seem to love to wallow in bad news. And you are always asking me questions like, why me, God?"

The Canadian said, "Don't you understand, it is because most of us are practical eh?theists..."

Atheists? shocked If you're an atheist, why are you saying your prayers then?", God asked, in a state of shock.

"No, I am not an atheist. Here, let me write it for you...EH?theist...There, see that? We may be whiners, but at least we have faith enough to think that you just might be there, or here, or both ... eh?

"I get it." God said, with a broad smile and a big laugh
=================================================

"I also get the hint." God said, "You want answers, and not just ones filled with a lot of doom and gloom, the kind which, too often, make the lead stories in all the media. I must say that there are times when even I question which side they are on. Yeah, they alway argue that they have to cover all the news--the good and the bad--and be as objective about it as possible. Give me a break!
They reminds me of the prophets of doom and gloom, especially that Jeremiah. Perhaps I need to tell them to cut it out.

Oh, Me! Oh, My! Jeremiah's book of LAMENTATIONS reads like he was the city editor of the Jerusalem Times, in 586 BCE. It is full of so much bad news.

"Yea! You're really the one with all the answers, aren't you? If so, now that we have the Internet, why don't you set up your own Web Pages and give us the truth as you know it. I for one will be all ears. You obviously know that I did some work in the media, eh?.

God said, "That's not a bad idea. Maybe it is time for me, using the Internet--web cams and all--to call together all the social leaders of the world--political, business and religious leaders, media moguls, educationalists, economists, unionists, philosophers, scientists, and the like, and put them together with all who claim to speak for me--all the synagogue, mosque, temple and church leaders.

Maybe they will be able hammer out a ... well let's go into details at another time

"BTW, God," I have one final question, for now: "God, where the #@%&^ are you speaking from, anyway, eh?

========================================
But seriously, we need a theology with a sense of humour, eh? Let's give thanks to God, G?d, G-d, G$d, or GOD for good humour. And for a theology which is not afraid to poke fun at itself, or to question Him? Or is it Her? smile
BTW, you secular atheists are free to call him/her "Nature". Or do you deny there is such a thing as "Nature"? Go ahead, I dare you! smile
I rather like the all-inclusive, "GØD", as in my signature, if you know what I mean.

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/05/08 11:41 PM. Reason: It needed it!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org
E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Religion is humourless, but of course god, if you believe in a creator-force, has to be allowed a sense of humour, or at least a sense of the ridiculous or how else can human behaviour be explained?

Aren't humans the only creatures who laugh? (Hyenas and kookaburras merely make a noise we interpret as laughter.)

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Mark Twain said, "Human beings are the only animals who blush; or need to." smile

BTW, Ellis, when I say 'my religion' I think of it as including my theology, my philosophy of the god-concept and my moral and ethical behaviour. For me it would be convenient if there was more room to write a fuller title, like in BrainMeta. In BrainMeta, the thread-starter can also go back and edit the title--very convenient.
If you think of religion as being "humourless" you must have been exposed to a very dour kind of religion--the kind that is so heavenly minded that is of no earthly good. Always keep in mind, there are all kinds of religions.
================================

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/06/08 04:33 PM.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I think she was making a point about religion being a package of ideas rather than any one of them being universal and applying to all.
When one says "my theology, my philosophy, my ethical or moral behavior, MY religion" and then goes on to make a comparison to another religion, philosophy, ethical and moral behaviors and beliefs, it becomes a package and a sales pitch.
Especially if they are making judgments regarding the earthly qualities of some elses choices and beliefs in comparison to their own.

So, in relation to the idea:
Quote:

we do need a new philosophy of theology, God and religion. I wonder what He...Or is it She?--has in mind?

The most obvious reality if you are wondering what God has in mind (if I may be master of the obvious) because you do not know Gods mind, is to commune with Gods mind before you jump to any conclusions or further tread the path of philosophical assumptions and projections regarding Gods creation.

If Your philosophy, your religion, your ethical and moral judgments about what is good in regards to Gods earthly creation are without the understanding of God's mind they are just self created projections. You would have to know God to know if what you make yours is actually Gods.

Creating another philosophy would seem like throwing another dart at the target while blindfolded, and not knowing if you are even facing the target.

Telling one about God without knowing Gods mind would be rather hollow don't you think? Then to create a philosophy around a personal assumption would be even more ridiculous.

Though it does often make people feel good to come together in a club like atmosphere where they can join together in what they agree upon and condemn all that they don't believe is part of their established truths, its still created from conjecture and belief rather than the actual experience of being in communion with God.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
In the old thread (406,000 clicks)
Anon wrote:
Quote:
"...I'm new.
I believe that there is a "God" - if you will."

Anon, you may think that I am being an arrogant, impertinent know-it-all, when I say, "I now know there is GOD." But this is not my intention. To understand more fully the concept represented by the acronym I use, please google on unitheism and/or panentheism. Take note that I did not use the indefinite article, a. GOD, in my opinion, is beyond being categorized in any way, shape or form.

Having affirmed the above, what I readily admit it that, theologically speaking, there are many things I do not know about GOD. I certainly do not know what you and others mean when you say "God", but I am willing to listen.

All this kind of theological thinking comes under the general category of monotheism (theism, for short). By the way, I admit I was born, raised and educated as a theist...until my thirties. I also admit that I was never comfortable with the traditional theistic doctrines in which I was raised. Fortunately, I was raised in a religion, and studied at two church-related universities--One in New Brunswick ( http://www.mta.ca ) and one in Massachusetts, USA (Boston University) neither of which had as one of their commands: THOU SHALL NOT THINK FOR THYSELF. In fact, quite the opposite was true.

Looking back, I now feel I know what bothered me most about theism: It had to do with the doctrine of prayer. Although church leaders were expected to practice and promote the art of prayer I never felt comfortable with it.

THE ART OF PRAYER, ESPECIALLY THE PASTORAL PRAYER
==================================================
It was considered normal--still is in most religions--for people to speak to God in prayer, privately or publicly. As a minister (1953-1994), I was expected to address God and speak to Him, on behalf of the congregation, as if he was a person sitting there and listening to me, and to me alone, as I petitioned him to do this that and the other thing for the church and the world ... [MORE ON THIS LATER]

THE ART OF MEDITATION
=====================
My comfort level improved, immensely, when I went back to a method I first became aware of when I was a teen, when I studied a program called MENTALPHYSICS: It talked about MEDITATION.

MEDITATION is more about "connecting with, and/or tuning into" that which is total universal and all-encompassing--the ground of all being. What one calls this concept is, in my opinion, not all that important, as long as one feels good about it. If you are comfortable with the word, 'God', use it.

I don't mind using it as long as I am not expected to think of GOD as a "being", a "Him", a "person" or a "Heavenly Father" up there. One of my fellow posters, in brainMeta, says he prefers "Nature". Okay by me. What matters to me is this: As long as the "name" helps us to be socially useful, moral, ethical, just and loving human beings who want to leave our earthly home a better place than it was when we found it.

I am a theological pragmatist. I am one who accepts what is practical and is in keeping with the Golden Rule. As a philosophical and theological pragmatist, I tend to agree with what Dr. Carl Jung said about personality types. I had the privilege of doing a formal study of Jung for one year and I took the Myers Briggs personality test. My results sure seem to fit with the kind of personality I feel that I am.

By the way, Jung was the son of a Swiss-Protestant minister. Early on, they were at odds over matters of belief. But, later in life there was a happy reconciliation and meeting of the minds, [More on this art too, later]

Anon, you conclude with: "... Cultures used to think that the world was flat you know - because they believed their eyes. Although, I do not want to follow any religion."
Presuming that you are, what helps you to be a moral, ethical, loving and just human being, and one interested in being part of this forum?

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/06/08 08:34 PM. Reason: It needed it!

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
Originally Posted By: Ellis
Aren't humans the only creatures who laugh?
Not really.

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Animal behaviour can often surprise us, but we have to be careful how we interpret it.

Those rats certainly seem to be displaying pleasure, or perhaps it is that sort of hysterical response some people also have to tickling. This is not the same as self generated laughter, when laughter is spontaneous, and not necessarily initiated by something/one else.

I 'd love to think animals can laugh. There is a marvellous moment in one of David Attenbourgh's documentaries on elephants, when one of the huge adult elephants realises there is something suss about the camera (it's hidden in a pile of plastic elephant poo). She plays around for a while----and after thinking a bit she stamps on it and throws it away with what almost seems to be a cheeky grin. It's quite deliberate and very funny. This doco also has the roaming elephants discovering the bones of one of their companions. They stop for a long time, handle the bones with their trunks and sway backwards and forwards. It is tempting to believe they recognise her, and mourn her, but that may be a step too far.

By the way, if you have had a cat live with you (you never own them) you will know that some of them hate being laughed at. The one we have at the moment will stalk off and sit on the other side of the room, with his back to us when we do. So of course we laugh even more!

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
IMO, Dogs are very dogmatic! Cats, IMO, are more dogmatic, categorically speaking! The Kings love both religions. smile

Z
Superstar
Superstar
Z
The thoughts, humor is private property of humans doesn't look so well, if we define the humor as a manifestation of less ore more conscious happiness from foreign bad luck or lack of fitness. Such definition of humor covers surprisingly many examples of so called humor.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
When I ran for public office I was tempted to put a sign on my lawn: BEWARE THE DOGMA!

Our good neighbour has two beautiful dogs. We had two very wise cats...They learned to live, at peace with the dog...mas. Both were near 20 when they passed on, peacefully, and at home.

BTW, an animal expert, and friend, told us: "When your cats start to sleep all the time, or appear to be in pain, give them liquefied adult sleeping medicine. No need for the dreaded trip to the vet." It worked.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
A MEDITATION on the NOW
========================
As I have already told readers of this forum: Years ago I stopped praying in the traditional way. I do not say this to tell you what to do. If you are comfortable with how you "pray" and you get good results, keep on doing it the way which works for you. Right now I am simply telling you what works for me and helps me to be present in the NOW.
========================
I begin by taking the time to become aware of my breathing pattern. Then, breathing in, to the count of four, and out, to the count of four, I use the following colour symbols--real and/or imagined:

RED--the symbol of physical energy and power--the soma, or body, factor.
YELLOW--the symbol of knowledge, wisdom, truth--the psyche, or mind, factor.
BLUE--the symbol of faith, hope and love--the pneuma, or spirit, factor.

Just beneath the skin of the earth is the bright red magma, without which there would be no life on earth, no energy and power.

In the sky, there is the golden yellow sun, again essential to life on earth.

When the sky is cloudless it appears to us as blue.
===================================================
RED, stands for the physical energy and power of GOD
YELLOW, stands for the knowledge and wisdom of GOD
AND BLUE, stands for the all-pervasive Love of GOD.

THEN I BECOME AWARE of my heart and lungs, working together, producing the rich, red blood cells which nourish, energize and heal the body.

Red stands for all that is physical.
Yellow stands for all that is mental.
Blue stands for all that is spiritual.
===========
I ask myself: WHO AM I, AND WHAT AM I DOING HERE AND NOW?
A meditation on being present, in the NOW.

=====================================
[Now using the plural form]
For the next few minutes, we take the opportunity to relax...physically (somatically), mentally (psychologically) and spiritually ( pneumatologically). NOW, we breathe deeply...and ask: Who are we ...and...What are we doing NOW?

In the NOW, we connect with, and are in tune with, the Oneness of all things, GOD. In Aramaic--the language which Jesus spoke--the word, 'slaha'--which we translate as, prayer--actually means "to connect with, or to be in tune with". This means that we do not need to ask for anything.

Because we live and move within GOD--all goodness, all order and all design--everything we need already is, NOW. We do not need to beg a reluctant god. All we need do is give thanks and accept what we need.

WE ARE NOT JUST OUR BODIES
==========================
We acknowledge that, for now, we have physical bodies--the Greek for which is 'soma'. From it we get our word 'somatic'. When a doctor checks our blood pressure, our temperature and other vital signs, and ask us, "How do you feel?", we acknowledge that they are looking for somatic symptoms and the somatic diseases, or conditions, which may be causing them.

We acknowledge that, much like the hardware of computers, we have bodies--amazing instruments--for our use at this time. The same is true for our minds, or psyches--very amazing instruments. But we must not allow them to use us.

WE ARE NOT JUST OUR MINDS
=============================
We acknowledge that, for now, we have minds, or psyches. But we are more than this.

Many wise teachers tell us that understanding the complexities of the human mind may make us good psychologists, but it will not take us beyond the mind. Neither will the study of madness be enough to cure the sick mind and create sanity. Unless we are aware of what is happening, our bodies and our minds, on their own, simply create the ego--the false sense of self, the root cause of all psychosomatic (a word created in the 1930's) pain and misery.

Let us be well aware that the ego loves to play the role of being a dependent, dysfunctional whining, problem-plagued child. Unconsciously, it wants us to be vulnerable beings, victims under the tyranny of space and time.

As a result--and here is the time factor again--our egos are constantly battered by negative emotions which are usually focused around our tearful regrets regarding the recent and distant past, and the fearful anxiety regarding the unknown future. This combination makes for a panic-filled now.

If we allow ourselves to be attached to the mind (psyche)--a storehouse of mostly-unconscious memories, many of them awful--we begin to anticipate and imagine that the future could be equally awful, or even more so. Thus we develop an endless preoccupation with the awful past and the fearful future. In short, we allow ourselves to be trapped in the delusion of time.

What we need to know, and we want to know, NOW, is this: We have the power to take loving action in the NOW and the Present.

THE REALLY GOOD NEWS IS THIS: WE ARE SPIRITUAL BEINGS (PNEUMAS)
===============================================================
Therefore, NOW, we make a deliberate shift in consciousness; we shift from mind to being, from time to PRESENCE. the psyche--which we can compare to the software of a computer--like the soma, is not the true or real us. The truth is, we are pneuma beings, or spiritual beings. In the NOW, we are having a somatic and psychic--a body/mind--experience.

MORE GOOD NEWS
==============
No wonder Paul called Love, "The greatest of these..."; No wonder, John said GOD IS LOVE. And, no wonder Love, in its agape, or spiritual, form is at the core of the Golden Rule, which is found at the heart of all the great religions.
============================
PUT IN THE FORM OF A POEM
=========================
We are one with mother earth;
With the land the skies and seas;
One with the source of human birth,
We're one...with GØD.
We are one with father sky;
With the sun, moon, planets, stars;
One with the galaxies on high,
We're one...in GØD.
With the Golden Rule in mind;
We work for justice and for peace;
And with all of human kind,
We work as one in GØD.
We feel at one with Christians, Jews;
Who want to build a better world.
With Buddhists, Muslims, and Hindus,
We live and move in GØD
=======================

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
WHAT KIND OF WORLD ARE WE CREATING?
===================================
Since the late 1990's I have had the privilege of keeping in touch with Dr. Shawn Mikulah, now a research neuro scientist in California. I met him, via the Net, when he was a student at Johns Hopkins University. Agree, or disagree, with what he says below, his ideas challenge us to think. Here is your opportunity to meet him:
http://brainmeta.com/index.php?p=mikula

Now, here are a few of his ideas:

Quote:
BrainMeta was established for the purpose of accelerating the development of neuroscience through web-based initiatives, which include the development, implementation and support of a wide range of neuroinformatics tools, services, and databases.
He goes on to say that, "The world is our creation, it is a thing created by mind, it is a mental construct. This is what BrainMeta seeks to communicate to others, so that they may open their eyes to this fact, so that they may go on to create something more than what is, and to instill the world with new and greater meaning.

Too many today do not appreciate the essentially 'constructive nature' of reality. It is all a mental construct. We are deceived by the fact that we are humans with human consciousness.... we rarely venture outside the realms of our human consciousness, and thus we see the world with human eyes. Naturally, the vast majority of people are blind to this because humans are predisposed and 'programmed' to construct the world in human terms.

Do you know who or what you are? Think about it. There are many illusions in life. The arguably tragic thing is that so many people of the past have lived their entire lives in illusion. They believed in their mental constructs, and took them to be the truth of things.

They were confined within their human consciousness, and never looked beyond. They never saw the true potential of consciousness, nor realized the constructive nature of reality. They never realized that their 'truths' were simply mental constructs, including their own sense of self-identity.

If anything, BrainMeta seeks to awaken people to the fact that the full potential of consciousness has not yet been realized, and that in order to begin realizing it, we must potentiate our consciousness, and ultimately, transcend our human consciousness. This may be brought about in many different ways, and while spiritual insight is important for awakening one to the latent potential of consciousness, the most important way for fully realizing this potential will be through the use of science as a tool, or more specifically, through the adequate understanding of brain mechanisms and the manipulation and enhancement of the human brain and its functioning, in order to make it more than human.

It is inevitable that in the near future, neuroscience will unleash a veritable revolution in consciousness and its study, that will result in a paradigm shift orders of magnitude larger than any in science preceding it.

BrainMeta seeks to help fulfill the potential that neuroscience offers us all, in part by providing information over the upcoming revolution in consciousness that will come from neuroscience, and additionally, by providing tools, information, and opportunities for facilitating and accelerating the further development of neuroscience.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Quote:
Agree, or disagree, with what he says below,

Or do or say something other?
What exactly comes of comparing idea of agreement or disagreement?

Quote:
his ideas challenge us to think. Here is your opportunity to meet him:

In my own communications with Shawn, I have come to understand that his statement is based on Eastern philosophy and his own exploration into spirituality and the Science of Yoga.
His ideas initiate conversation where people want to challenge and compare their own ideas.
Thinking does not necessarily lead to experience and more than often people think about having an experience and even speak of their thoughts in which they have no experience...
One does not necessarily get to truly know someone by reading some statement a person made a few years ago.
Without spending some quality time with someone, one on one it is often difficult for some to truly understand where someone is coming from.
IF we are engaging intuition here about knowing someone and their beliefs then I would like to know if others believe we can make a valid value judgment of someone and their beliefs thru a summarization of internet communication, and what value we gain by making judgments based on whether we agree with someone or not other than to place ourselves on some personal scale of comparison.

Where do you really want to go with this Rev.?

Are we validating or poo pooing the Science of Yoga, and then determining if neuroscience can replicate the natural process of intellectual choice and spiritual evolution, or just making chit chat to create a segue for you to speak again about what you believe?

Please try not to take offense with my blunt response, I realize you have a tendency to judge me by the inability to understand where I am coming from, which is why I think some clarity should be gained from making judgments regarding internet conversations and personal points of view.
True objectivity comes from loosening the restraints on personal agendas and beliefs. wink

Last edited by Tutor Turtle; 08/19/08 01:02 AM.

Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
Quote:
"True objectivity comes from loosening the restraints on personal agendas and beliefs."

Help! Does anyone have any idea what the above means?
If I really knew what restraints TT plans to loosen and what his/her personal agendas and beliefs are, I might be able to comment. If anyone understands TT, would you please translate it for me? How many here acknowledge that TT is a genius?

Last edited by Revlgking; 08/19/08 01:55 AM.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Quote:
Help! Does anyone have any idea what the above means?
If I really knew what restraints TT plans to loosen and what his/her personal agendas and beliefs are, I might be able to comment. If anyone understands TT, would you please translate it for me? How many here acknowledge that TT is a genius?

This should be interesting....A little off topic but if you want to focus on me, I'll be your huckleberry. cool

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 12 13

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.