Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 628 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#25534 04/19/08 01:57 PM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
If a steel ball is rolling on a steel track will there be any heat produced between the ball and the track?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
paul #25535 04/19/08 02:52 PM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Let's discuss...

There has to be a force maintaining contact between the ball and the track, such as the acceleration due to gravity or another source of acceleration, and since that force would have to be acting in a direction different from that of the ball's motion, then there is certain to be friction, however little, hence some heat.

In a theoretical 'pure rolling' motion, there would be no slipping, and so no friction.

redewenur #25606 04/22/08 03:31 AM
P
paul Offline OP
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
P
redewenur

Thanks I was begining to believe that we were doing away with friction due to the finsrud.

because if the friction generated between the ball and the tracks
generates heat in any amount , and there is no cost for that heat / energy , then we would have in place an example of a working free energy machine that has been in operation for over 12 years.

although it is not producing any large amounts of free energy , it is still producing free energy that just isnt being put to use.

me and (big fat pig) were disscussing the finsrud and I was just curious if there were any people here who understood that friction causes heat.

his mind was locked up on that issue as he still believes that free energy is not possible.

I hold that the finsrud does produce free energy in the form of frictional heat in verry small amounts , and that even if the amount is small this proves that free energy is posssible.

simply because there is no energy input and there is energy output.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.