Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18323 02/23/07 04:27 AM
M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Its been about a year since these Con-Artists came on the scene.
I put them under this Fiction heading, since there is no such thing a a 'free energy lunch'
They obviously have convinced investors to contribute, having lasted this long.

http://www.steorn.net/

--------------------
"You will never find a real Human being - even in a mirror." .....Mike Kremer.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

M
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
Its been about a year since these Con-Artists came on the scene.
I put them under this Fiction heading, since there is no such thing a a 'free energy lunch'
They obviously have convinced investors to contribute, having lasted this long.

http://www.steorn.net/

Five months ago (above) I wrote calling STEORN ENERGY, con artists, they should be put in the same trash can as Perpetual Motion.
I feel so sorry for those silly people who believed in Steorn, who must have by now, lost their invested money.

I'm writing this because Steorn came to London today, to show their amazing 'free energy machine' to the scientists and the public.
Except......that it did'nt work! Did they really expect it to work?
Of course not, because they immediately gave their audience a whole slew of excuses, as to why it wouldnt work at that venue.

Not going to waste any more ink on these crackpots, I just hope this will be a lesson learnt for anyone who believes in Perpetual motion or Free Energy .

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/technology/archives/2007/07/06/free_energy_erm_not_yet_says_steorn.html

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
"Orbo produces free, clean and constant energy - that is our claim. By free we mean that the energy produced is done so without recourse to external source. "

With grammar like that in their official blurb, they call themselves an "intellectual" property company? grin

No, your right, that's unfair. We shouldn't laugh, someone may be losing hard earned money over this.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
K
K
I read somewhere that they claimed that the heat from the TV lights was upsetting their rig. Sounds more tempermental than a pop star!

It's a bit sad that apparently so many people still believe in a "free lunch." Still, with the hunt on for alternative energy sources, I would guess that more schemes like this will be coming out of the woodwork to take advantage of a public desperate for some kind of tech-savior.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Oh, I see, the device is temperaturemental.

Hey, I've got this idea for a device that extracts energy from higher dimensions...it's called religion...

S
S
Originally Posted By: redewenur
Oh, I see, the device is temperaturemental.

Hey, I've got this idea for a device that extracts energy from higher dimensions...it's called religion...

LOL!

It's not Global Warming, it's Ice Age Abatement.
K
K
It seems to have been very quiet on the Steorn free energy front. I wonder if they've gone BACK TO THE LAB to sort out the light problem. Take care of those pesky photons...

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Related item.

A 30 minute video. "Theories of Everything - Australian Skeptics 02" - A conversation with Ian Bryce "Investigating Free Energy and Perpetual Motion":

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=...h&plindex=0

B
B
why don't the inventors mention any of their credentials? do they have any?

LOL @ the camera lighting excuse; i think you have to preform the experiment in absolute darkness wink LOL

seize the day
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
steorn

this type of heavy publicity about a free energy device tells me that their investors may in fact be mobile oil or some other energy interest.

I think of it as a strike against alternate energy and free energy.

perpetual motion is a reality , the finsrud has been in operation for apx 10 12 years now , using no energy.

this may sound like some sort of conspiracy theory but if the shoe fits.

I always try to find a reason behind things , and the reason behind this thing is , in my own personal opinion to lessen public trust of alternate and free energy.

a free lunch , I wonder how many free lunches finsrud has purchased with the funds he gets for displaying his perpeteum
mobile.

finsrud

googeling finsrud

perpetual motion is real , to say it is not is like saying I am a uninformed person , and I am striking out against alternate / free energy.

using steorn and their ridiculous scam to undermine the reality of perpetual motion , is yet another scam.

soon there will be those comming out of the darkness and into the light with their versions of both non working and working free energy machines , because their fear of economic failure from the implementation of their free energy machines will be surpassed by the upcomming economic failure.

they will not have a reason to fear that their machine hurt the economy.

it may even be found that their machines will be necessary for a nations survival and security.

P.S.

I wonder why this video doesnt touch on finsrud.
skeptics on scams

because if they did their entire video would loose impact.

they have to pick their targets carefully , it has to be complex so that no one will really see what they are up to.

Last edited by paul; 04/14/08 03:24 PM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
B
paul, perpetual motion(perfect transfer of energy in a system, with no losses) cannot yield 'free energy' and a perpetual motion machine itself is impossible due to the fact that energy is always lost through heat

Last edited by big fat pig; 04/14/08 06:08 PM.

seize the day
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
due to the fact that energy is always lost through heat

some people cant see what is right in front of them.

and some people deny what they cant see/understand.

if I cant see/understand how it works , even though it is working , then obviously it isnt working !!!
right...

how much heat was generated/lost in the 12 years that the finsrud has been running?

how much heat from friction has been absorbed by the track that the steel ball has been rolling on for 12 years?

and of course how much of that heat was free?
as far as I know of heat is energy correct?
but perhaps in this particular machine the laws of science
do not apply when not in favor of other laws of science.

some people honestly believe that they are smart?
some people honestly are smart?
some people just desire to look smart to other people
who share their level of inteligence , no matter what the cost.

Last edited by paul; 04/14/08 10:45 PM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
B
B
thanks for the link, that looks like a real work of art... very clever. still, its not "free energy" and there is no such thing.

in a similar fashion the earth has been orbiting the sun for a long long time, perhaps you can call that perpetual motion as well? still, you cant derive "free energy" from it.

the finsrud will eventually stop moving...

Last edited by big fat pig; 04/15/08 01:52 AM.

seize the day
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
Quote:
a real work of art... very clever.

I agree ... and add Extremely clever for an artist !!!
now what of inventors who study gravity and apply that to
inventions... there just might be several out there in the
woods or in their workshops that have done with gravity as
finsrud has and applied their knowlege to energy production as the main subject vs art.

Quote:
in a similar fashion the earth has been orbiting the sun for a long long time

Yes gravity makes the world go round , and everything in this universe included...

Quote:
perhaps you can call that perpetual motion as well?

Well as far as I would need to call anything , anything ...YES

Quote:
the finsrud will eventually stop moving...

Yes ... and so will the earth and everything else !!!

I'll bet you that the finsrud will be running long after the oil is gone..even long after we can no longer use the energy from our sun , or at least another version of it , because at some point in time the friction that the finsrud produces will eventually wear down the tracks that the ball rolls on , year after year after year and now moving into the second decade of perpetual motion.

P.S. did you invent this

Quote:
perpetual motion(perfect transfer of energy in a system, with no losses)

or did you find it somewhere on the internet?

if so I would like to read the rest of the story.

Also according to your deffinition of perputual motion and the application of your deffinition.

if there is no energy input required to run the finsrud and there
is obviously heat being produced by the steel ball rolling on the tracks and the many moving parts of the finsrud , then please tell me / us where does the energy come from that produces this heat?

I dont expect an answer to my questions above as I have learned not to expect anything in the form of answers from this forums members , at least not in this particular subject matter.

so you may now repeat several other people or yourself it really doesnt matter to me.

bottom line
Quote:
cannot yield 'free energy

then there is no friction between the ball and the tracks !!!!
and there is no friction between the many moving parts of the finsrud !!!

even actual smart people agree that energy in the form of heat due to friction is being produced.

this cannot be denied.

unless of course you listen to people who deny it.

and then you are wrong if you agree or claim to agree.

as I said earlier
Quote:
some people honestly believe that they are smart?
some people honestly are smart?
some people just desire to look smart to other people
who share their level of inteligence , no matter what the cost.

which of the above describes your inteligence?

hint: a piece of paper will not help you , when the time comes to prove your inteligence.

Last edited by paul; 04/16/08 04:06 AM.

B
B
i'm sorry that i choose to trust those with credentials rather than the 'basement geniuses.' gullibility is inversely proportional to intelligence. there will always be some guy who believes that he has the 'theory of everything' (and usually has temporal lobe epilepsy or something of the sort) and believes that the laws of nature can be broken... i'm sorry that you can't make free energy, many have tried and all have failed, i'm not going to start quoting thermodynamics because it will be a waste of time. if you want to try and break the laws of thermodynamics, go ahead and try, but please learn them first, go to university/college. im sorry if i sound mean but this is the way life is. when you go to argue about science without understanding it on the same level which the opposition does, you sound like an annoying child.

seize the day
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
See what I mean...

Quote:
i'm sorry that i choose to trust those with credentials rather than the 'basement geniuses.'

You dont have to trust anybody with credentials all you have to do is get that physics book out of the basement and dust it off open it up to the section on FRICTION.

Or if you have already gave the book away here is a excerpt from a website that might refresh your memory.

http://webphysics.davidson.edu/faculty/dmb/PY430/Friction/rolling.html

Quote:
the major source of energy losses during rolling motion is primarily due to the deformation that occurs when the two surfaces are compressed and relaxed. This continual process generates heat in both the wheel and the surface.

You have read about it , thousands of normal people have seen it.
you know its there , yet you continue to doubt that it is generating heat...why?

you strike out at those who are smarter than yourself , this is a trait of those who cant understand something or are not willing to understand something.

then you refer to these individuals as if they are the ones who have some sort of brain dissorder or problem.

if you dont KNOW that heat is generated when a steel ball
rolls on a track such as the finsrud then you DONT KNOW physics.

yet you insist that you are right and everybody else is wrong
GROW UP ANNOYING CHILD.

Quote:
and believes that the laws of nature can be broken...

Nature didnt make ANY LAWS ... people made the LAWS of physics / science ( or nature? .... I havent heard that one yet).

sad to say , people like yourself did it , Dont blame the falsities of man on nature.

you say many have tried and failed , well what I see here is that you have tried and failed to look smart.

the fact that the finsrud is generating heat must really tear at your brain , you think ... how is it possible that this thing is generating heat and has no energy source to generate that heat from...

you think ... did I miss something in school?
No ... something in school was deliberately left out...

Quote:
when you go to argue about science without understanding it on the same level which the opposition does, you sound like an annoying child.

you seem to be the one who doesnt understand , and you might think you are being mean to me , but in reality it is yourself that you are being mean to.

hopefully I will never aquire your level of inteligence.

you know if scientist ever did achieve as much energy from fussion reactors as the tiny amounts that has been produced by the finsrud.
that would have been seen and advertised as an amazing progress.

billions of taxpayer dollars have been wasted on fusion yet they keep on trying and havent ever produced near the
amount of energy it takes to opperate the reactors.

ever wonder why?
the same reason something was left out in school.

billions...

Last edited by paul; 04/19/08 02:40 AM.

B
B
that was predictable. paul, i wont return the insults you've just made, im not here for that. you shouldn't react so violently when people disagree with you.

seize the day
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
the ball has rolled for 12 years.
the ball has produced frictional heat for 12 years.

its sad that you cant understand that.

lets bring this out of the not quite science forum.

B
B
1. there is gradual ferro-magnetic field dissipation.(the magnets grow weaker over time)
2. the amount of heat generated through friction is infinitesimal and is rapidly dissipated into the air.
3. not only is it friction that slows down the rolling, but also inertia, a ball rolling around a circular track slows down not only because of friction, but also because of angular momentum+moment of inertia: 'precession' i believe its called...energy is dissipated

there is no 'free' energy at play here.
>the ball will eventually stop rolling.

ps. heres a knowledgeable link for magnetic field dissipation>> rare earth magnets

Last edited by big fat pig; 04/26/08 10:15 PM.

seize the day

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.