Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
" As vulnerable as naked mole rats seem, researchers now find the hairless, bucktoothed rodents are invulnerable to the pain of acid and the sting of chili peppers.

A better understanding of pain resistance in these sausage-like creatures could lead to new drugs for people with chronic pain, scientists added. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080129/sc_livescience/strangecreatureimmunetopain

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
" As vulnerable as naked mole rats seem, researchers now find the hairless, bucktoothed rodents are invulnerable to the pain of acid and the sting of chili peppers.

A better understanding of pain resistance in these sausage-like creatures could lead to new drugs for people with chronic pain, scientists added. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20080129/sc_livescience/strangecreatureimmunetopain

Mike Kremer 2 Amaranth

Thats a very interesting find.
However dos'nt every animal have at least one enemy?
I mean there's pain and pain. The pain of hot or cold, being cut, or squashed in a trap? How about being bitten by a wolf or hunting dog?

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
I'm sure mole rats have predators. I'm just impressed that they have adapted to living in high carbon dioxide environments to escape predation.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

E
Megastar
Megastar
E
Poor little mole rats-- it is fortunate for them they could not feel the pain of these nasty experiments.

Superstar
OP Offline
Superstar
Well, one thing's for sure. If I were attacked by a pack of vicious, man eating mole rats, I wouldn't reach for the pepper spray.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.