Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
P
P
Jim, I sent you an email on jjw004@pcmagic.net, did you get it?

"If the speed of light proves not to be constant any more, even by a very small changeable amount, laws of physics - the theory of relativity included - will have to undergo significant changes," says Nanopoulos.

I found this article, must be from a few years back, but it might interest those so inclined.

http://www.tamu.edu/univrel/aggiedaily/news/stories/01/020601-5.html

Sincerely,

"My God, it's full of stars!" -2010
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
It is a shame that whatever academic institution Pasti is connected to does not teach manners or social graces!!

Regards,

Blacknad.

T
T
Hi ever, well about the waves speed limit, if you see the science past, for example, about break the speed of the sound you will see in that times scientifics beleive that that't break was impossible, never, and if it was possible then all earth atmosphere go in crash and a big destructive explosion may be
About lighs speed is the same, you must think, from where in the relativity equations on what conditions you conclude that sentence about ligh speed is not break, if you see, we find a basical codition es that the SPACE DENSITY mus be Uniform, but if you change that densities surround the motion body you can break light speed
You can confirm in your house in a single experiment that barrier is breakdown seein a phenomena is more fast that the ligh speed, make the following:

1) With a antenna send a train of pulses at 7,8 Hz to the Ionosphere, that's de resonance frecuency of our natural plasma and the plasma physics stablish that pulses send at that frecuency are CAPTURED for the plasma and go across the plasma in all directions

2) Wait return the pulses, when you pulse input the Ionosphere that waves propagates following the earth sphere and go until the antipode in respect to the antenna, then reflects in the antipode that waves and return to the input point anretur to the antenna

3) Compute the time for the returned pulses

as we explain that pulses describes 1 earth circles or aprox 40000 Km, then the you can calculate the speed of that waves, in my meditions I read about 84,84 miliseconds that gives a minimun speed of 471240 Km/seg, you can repeat that medition many times in any places and get the same values

Any question my email:

gigawattgratis@123mail.cl

Bye

R
RM Offline
Superstar
Superstar
R
Do photons create friction on objects travelling in the 'vacum' of space?

J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
To Tesla2006:

Your post may be based on information that I am not familiar with so please consider my reply with that in mind.

You say you send a signal at a frequency that is absorbed by the plasma within the ionosphere and then you time the return on the signal to obtain the speed that the signal consumed to travel from your antenna and back again. There are two things I do recognize in your post. The circumference of the Earth expressed in kilometers at 40,000 that equals about 24,854.8 miles. This suggests you are concluding that your signal is traveling around the circumference of the Earth and you see this to be very fast at 471,240 Km per second that converts to 292,814.4 miles per second. I think this restatement is consistent with your view.

My thought is that your speed is measured on an erroneous distance. I do not think your signal is traveling around the Earth and that means it must be traveling some lesser distance. The speed of light here at Earth has been measured many times and I do not conceive of the academics being that far off under any circumstances. Using your 292,814.4 miles per second divided by the actual speed of light of 186,281 miles per second you have the light traveling 1.572 times as fast as normal, Dividing your Earths circumference by 1.572 I get a probable distance from the reflecting surface of 15,811 miles distance. This is simply (24,854.8/1.572)= 15,811 miles. I do not know the angles of the signal and I do not know what there is out there that is reflecting your signals but I am quite satisfied you are not getting a proper measurement meaning the signal is not traveling around the Earth back to you- if it does you will measure it at about the speed everyone else measures it at. Try to figure out where your reflection is coming from.
jjw

J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Error correction:

Because your signal is making a round trip my guess is that your reflecting surface is half of the number I quoted before (15,811/2) or 7,905.5 miles. It is curiously close to the diameter of the Earth at the equator. Is it possible your signal is traveling through the Earth and back never leaving the surface? Very curious.
jjw

T
T
Hi jjw, that signal process is very easy verify, but before you must know the Plasma physics, if you don't know that, that's say the reason why the signal is captured for the plasma and get the earth curvature that practical meditions are not random, theory predicts that you can deduce that equation by using Maxwell equations in plasma structure and you can see 3 conditions in that equations, for begin, all plasma in gas state has a oscilating frecuency you can calculate with this equations and according for the input frecuency signal you will see this 3 cases:

1) If the input frecuency is less than the plasma frecuency the signal is reflected

2) if the input frecuency is greater than the plasma frecuency the signal is refracted in a angle

3) if the input frecuency is equal than the plasma frecuency the signal is captured for the plasma and follow his way

The Ionosphere has severeal layers of very densities and in consecuence many resonance frecuencys from 7,8 Hz in the more lower Heaviside layer to some MHz in the top layers
You can verify and I verify that waves follow the earth curvature using a single test, you can modulate a 7,8 Hz signal with another wave and get it an another world position and register times and follow the trayectory of the pulse, remember that waves finds in the antipode, with many people we have verify that speed of 470000 Km /seg app
About equations here is very large put them and send you for email

This single test show there is phenomena more speed that light and with theorical explanation, of course at start you send waves with a speed less than light speed but there is another waves travelling for Ionosphere, traditional EM waves you send only activate the process
This waves in scientific terms are more speed than light are called longitudinale, scalar waves or more specific, magnetodielectric waves

Thanks, bye

gigawattgratis@123mail.cl

J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
To Tesla2006.

I have been very interested in the numbers of the Solar System and have learned some simplistic ways of getting meaningful results for the interrelationship of the sun and the planets. Because of that search on my part I tend to spot curious facts that may otherwise not be obvious.

I already explained that your measurement of the speed of light might be faulty. Possibly due to a miscalculation of where the signal is traveling or more likely how far the signal is traveling. I do not contend that you are wrong because the method you are using is not known to me.

Consider the numbers. Note that I dislike working with kilometers but will do so because you do. You measure the speed of light at 471,249 Km per second. The known speed of light at Earth has been measured by others at (186281/. 62137) 299,790.1 Km per second. Repeating the comparison I made before we find that 471,248/299,790 = 1.5719. You recite that the Earth circumference is 40,000 Km and I accept that. I noted earlier that light traveling at the normal speed through the Earths sphere and back to you would take the exact time we would expect at the normal speed. I have gone over this again and note one other curious thing. The number 1.5719 representing the amount of increase in your measured speed of light is times 2 are almost exactly the value for Pi, or 3.1438 compared to 3.14159. If I had an adequate understanding of your method I might be able to suggest a solution to this curious circumstance. I find the subject highly interesting but I cannot come up with a better idea than that the distance you use as your measure is not correct. If you have some reason to know why light would travel so much faster in the plasma and if you think I can grasp the significance please share it.
jjw

T
T
Hi jjw, yes of corse, when you register a speed of a phenomena go faster then the light speed you may thing there is a mistake, an error of calculation, that's reasonable, but the best way of test this and use all best instruments is make this meditions for yourself and verify that, scientific method use the repeat meditions in all the cases, but if you or another people only make "afirmations" without a practical medition for show that you are not doing science, when you discover a phenomena violates in apparience a physical law you can think 2 things, or there is a mistake or that's right and the only way for verify that is with experimental method
The purpose of my posting here is show there is single phenomena propagates faster than light speed and any wants verify can do it for the single steps I give, who wants prove it for himself must do it, that's the idea and the science essence
There is many other phenomena propagates more faster than 470000 Km/seg this is only one
The equations a made reference are only for explain how at resonance the waves propagates following the earth circle, for explain why there is a speed faster than light you must think in scalar waves or magnetodielectric waves and calculate his speed in a certain media using the same formula you calculate the speed of a wave in a fluid media at pressure P and density ro, the formula is V = square root ( 2 * P / ro ) , for the vacuum space ro is definited and P you calculate for the Poyting Vector of the scalar wave as in function of (H^2 + E^2 ) for the electric and magnetic components and you can compute for longitudinal waves a speed faster too far faster than light, for ionosphere plasma the ro value is more grater than in vacuum and in consecuence a speed faster than light but no bigger
The filling of all this is that, all physical law is limited for conditions,if one of that conditions is not present that laws go breaks,many phd in physics has say that all physical law in the moment of be stablish creates inmediatly an anti-law, the equations of relativity you conclude light speed is not break is only for severeals conditions, one condition is that the space density must be uniform, but if that density is not constant that result is another and you can calculate more speed
This is single, only make meditions, this meditions has been made for some people I contact of many academic level and conclude the same
I use Km in way of miles because in my country the metrics is in Kilometers for lenght

Thanks

Tesla_2006

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.