Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 632 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I'm generally oblivious to this sort of thing. Are you living in PRC? Thailand? Turkey?

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
TFF - in brief:
Thailand. Until 1932 it had an absolute monarchy. Since that time, it's been a constitutional monarchy accompanied by a series of military governments (the previous king 'shot himself by accident' in 1946). From 1980 (with some minor interruptions) there's been democracy of a sort, until last September. Then the military took the tanks into Bangkok in a 'bloodless' coup. Out went democracy. The constitution was torn up. Twelve political parties were abolished, including the one elected by a landslide majority. Half of the country is still under martial law, but elections are planned for late this year. Needless to say, there aren't many parties left to vote for.

Off topic entirely, except that someone posted an item on youtube.com that the regime considered offensive to the king - youtube.com is now excommunicated!

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
TheFallibleFiend wrote:

"Unfortunately, one doesn't have to actually understand evolution to make comments about it".

If anyone needs ammunition against evolution-deniers, or help with understanding it, contact me directly and I'll email you some stuff. Deals primarily with human evolution. I've arranged it in five parts but haven't had the cheek to call then "Genesis", "Exodus" etc. Rather I've called them "Beginning", "Migration" etc. Some at SAGG might have doubts with my conclusion Neanderthals have contributed genes to modern humans but the rest is pretty well agreed on here.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.