Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Marchimedes: "Time travel my ass. The paradox alone eliminates the posibility unless you allow for multiple timelines and then, ah [censored], sorry, very busy with multiple stuff."

Glad to see you entering into a discussion with Paul. That might be interesting - when you're not employing your genius elsewhere grin

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: redewenur
Marchimedes: "Time travel my ass. The paradox alone eliminates the posibility unless you allow for multiple timelines and then, ah [censored], sorry, very busy with multiple stuff."

Glad to see you entering into a discussion with Paul. That might be interesting - when you're not employing your genius elsewhere grin

And multiple timeline lead to folks messing with time in those other timelines and then, well you pretty much have to assume there are INFINITE timelines, or parallel universes, of which there is zero evidence of no matter how often some LSD tripping physisist claims it so.

Now, infinate is a hellofa word if you look at it's literal meaning.

Infinate universes. Wrap your brain around that for a while and you kinda start to run outta room. Say in the next universe over my good bud Marchimedes didn't go back and add the "u" to the word "outta" left it "otta" and that is the only difference between that universe and this universe ever. EVER. What's the point?

Time travel my ass.

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Marchimedes: "Infinite universes. Wrap your brain around that for a while and you kinda start to run outta room."

Some scientists insist that the 'multiverse' idea is not physics but 'metaphysics' - but then some very smart quantum physisists say there's no better explanation for superposition***. Whichever way you look at it, it's hard to grasp. The popular word is 'counter-intuitive'. What they really mean is, it's impossible to "wrap your brain around", as you say.

*** http://searchsmb.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid44_gci341263,00.html

P
Megastar
Megastar
P
""" Time travel my ass. """

I like the way you ( have a steady opinion ) on time travel.

it equates to logic and the here and now.

what we can see and cannot see and thus have not seen however remains open and not contestable.

light that exist outside of our visible range and outside of our methods of detecting these unknown light ranges or waveforms cannot be canceled out simply because we cannot see or detect them.

we set the limits of light.
but can we set the limits of what we dont even know exist.

the laser --> cessium experiment told me that time travel is possible , for light.

it also told me that there are lightforms that we cannot detect.
yet.

before the ((( known light ))) entered the cessium it had already exited.
((( the known light )))

repeat this a few times and what would happen?

but what if I decide not to push the button to make the light in the first place?

obviously light travels backwards in time also.

what I think happened is that the laser ( jumped ) a certain distance beyond the container of cessium.

this planet is rotating around the sun at 66,000 mph
this solar system is rotating around our galaxy and our galaxy is flying out into the vastness of this universe.

we may very well be traveling beyond the speed of light at this time.

we just cant tell it.

it may be that at the instance the laser was engaged and the light exited the laser and began to aproach the cessium there were unknown lightforms entering the cessium already that travel faster than the laser and may even plot the entire course of the light.

perhaps the light struck the cessium and the cessium itself emitted a waveform along this plotted course that accelerated the unknown lightform into the future.

if you do jump a camera into the future to see whats going to happen you better hide it very well because like marchimedies says all sorts of unwanted changes could occur by changing one single event.

caution: waveforms can vibrate objects to the point that the molecular structure becomes weak and even transparent.

a moving vibrating object can slow down and blend in with surrounding vibrating objects.
for instance if an aircraft pilot is vibrated along with the aircraft , the pilot would first become transparent and slow down
he would begin to pass through the aircraft until the aircraft became transparent and slowed down.

at this point he may be a part of the aircraft or behind the aircraft and his clothing .

when the vibration is slowing a reversal occurs.
which may return him to his exact position.
maybe not.

Last edited by paul; 06/21/07 08:52 PM.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
a few words from others.
the acceleration of light
the natural resonance frequency of the cesium atom (9,192,631,770 Hz)
it may be that the (unknown lightforms or waves ) can travel along the cessium waves and like a surfer riding a wave are pushed or accelerated from wave to wave.

maybe not.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.
P
Megastar
Megastar
P
just short of 300 million metres per second.
By adjusting the frequency of the laser beams to match those of the energy levels

Because of the fast group velocity, the leading edge of the pulse appears to leave the caesium-filled chamber 62 billionths of a second before it arrives.

it would take a lot of bouncing through a container to achieve a lot of time travel^ of the light.

hmmm...a mirrowed container?

a mirrowed spiraled tube...gone where did the light go.

oh wait... there it is...I forgot we had to wait till we caught up with time!!!!

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: paul
""" Time travel my ass. """

I like the way you ( have a steady opinion ) on time travel.

it equates to logic and the here and now.

what we can see and cannot see and thus have not seen however remains open and not contestable.

light that exist outside of our visible range and outside of our methods of detecting these unknown light ranges or waveforms cannot be canceled out simply because we cannot see or detect them.

we set the limits of light.
but can we set the limits of what we dont even know exist.

And know way to verify conjecture. But these things are put forth all the time. They are call sci-fi novels.

Quote:
the laser --> cessium experiment told me that time travel is possible , for light.

Not familiar with that.

Does it have anything to do with moving and stacking heavy blocks?

Quote:
it also told me that there are lightforms that we cannot detect.
yet.

I remember my first dubie.

Quote:
before the ((( known light ))) entered the cessium it had already exited.
((( the known light )))

repeat this a few times and what would happen?

but what if I decide not to push the button to make the light in the first place?

i missed sumpin somewhere.

Quote:
obviously light travels backwards in time also.

I bet I know where you are going with this.

A thing I do at times replying to stuff is not read the whole post, answer as I go and see where it ends up. Sometimes it turns out humorous.

Quote:
what I think happened is that the laser ( jumped ) a certain distance beyond the container of cessium.

Dude, "Dune" is just a book. Lay off the spice.
Quote:
this planet is rotating around the sun at 66,000 mph

I love stuff like that. Speaking of Monkeys, can anyone tell me the speed of gravity. On my home site they were going on about this and I shut the thread down with that question after they pretended to klnow and ended up exposing themselves as hacks. (It's a hobby of mine).

Quote:
this solar system is rotating around our galaxy and our galaxy is flying out into the vastness of this universe.

What? No speeds?
Quote:
we may very well be traveling beyond the speed of light at this time.

yep.

Quote:
we just cant tell it.

Simple logic, I'm still with you.
Quote:
if you do jump a camera into the future to see whats going to happen you better hide it very well because like marchimedies says all sorts of unwanted changes could occur by changing one single event.

caution: waveforms can vibrate objects to the point that the molecular structure becomes weak and even transparent.

a moving vibrating object can slow down and blend in with surrounding vibrating objects.
for instance if an aircraft pilot is vibrated along with the aircraft , the pilot would first become transparent and slow down
he would begin to pass through the aircraft until the aircraft became transparent and slowed down.

at this point he may be a part of the aircraft or behind the aircraft and his clothing .

when the vibration is slowing a reversal occurs.
which may return him to his exact position.
maybe not.

And yep, you were going to where I thought.

I think you are cofusing time travel with observing light.

For instance, if we got in my Starship http://nocapsspaces.3.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=4&view=findpost&p=60 and went faster than light with a perfect telescope trained back at Earth you would be watching history go backwards, or rather at, say, a light year from Earth you stop and peek, the photons that then hit you left the Earth a year ago you are seeing what happened last year and go far and fast enough and have a real swell telescope and you could pass the light, the edge of the first light of the big bang and watch it all happen, now, if you take my expanding ball of mass from the big bang, get our superscope and find the exact opposite point on our ball, do the doppler shift measurement thing, divide it in half and you'd know how fast we are travelling though space cause you'd have a reference point and then could extrapolate the speed of our galaxy, solar sytem, Earth and all that right down to the bicycle you are riding to go buy another sack of kyrpy, man.

[/quote]

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Very interesting posts, you guys. Don't have time to add anything right now. Later.

Originally Posted By: Marchimedes
Quote:

Not familiar with that.

Does it have anything to do with moving and stacking heavy blocks?

!.. laugh laugh laugh

M
OP Offline
M

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Nice one Marchimedes. I don't have much time right now, but I noticed a couple of questions.

One was about gravitational attraction over various distances. There's a law of classical physics about that:

It's called Newton's Inverse Square Law. On your drawing it means that at

(2) the gravitational attraction is 1/(2^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a quarter
(3) the gravitational attraction is 1/(3^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a ninth
(4) the gravitational attraction is 1/(4^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a sixteenth

The speed of gravity is c (the speed of light). It's normally referred to as the speed at which gravity propagates, but it still means the same thing smile

So, if by some trick the sun was removed to a parallel universe, the Earth would still continue in its orbit for about 8 minutes, then it would shoot off at a tangent. At the same moment, we would see the sun disappear. Meanwhile, Mars would continue in its orbital path for another 4 minutes. Then it too would shoot off. Jupiter would continue to orbit the non-existent sun for another half hour!
_______

So, the gravitational attraction of an object is proportional to its mass and its distance; if you're standing on a planet with twice the mass of Earth you won't be twice as heavy unless the radius is the same. The effects of the gravity at the surface depend on the distribution of the mass, and in this case the radius of the planet.

Here's is one I made earlier (as they say on the cookery programs):

Acceleration due to gravity:

g = G(M/r^2)

where
g = acceleration due to gravity (m/s2)
G = universal gravitational constant (m3/kg/s2) = 6.673*10^-11
M = mass of the body (kg or slug)
r = radius of the body (m or ft)
_____

For Earth:

g =(6.673*10^-11)*((5.98*10^24)/((6.375*10^6)^2))= 9.81
_____

For Gliese 581 c: (a recently discovered Earth-like planet)

If it has 4.83 x Earth mass, and a radius of 1.5 x Earth then:

g =(6.673*10^-11)*(((5.98*10^24)*4.83)/(((6.375*10^6)*1.5)^2)) = 21.1

21.1/9.81 = 2.15 x Earth gravity.

You might have thought that the gravitational attraction at the surface would be 4.83 x as great, but it's only 2.15 x.

This might be useful: http://www.qrg.northwestern.edu/projects...ts-gravity.html

M
OP Offline
M
Well, between the two of us we gots a brain and a half.

Maybe sumpin can get done.

Originally Posted By: redewenur
Nice one Marchimedes.

Why thankee. I just got yelled at on another forum for posting pictures, and deleted..."this is a forum of words..." so I went and posted my all text pyramid theory.

It's a science forum, without a sence-o-humor. I like this site though.

I'm kinda a travelling troll/spammer.

Though I post solid content, so it's on them really. I post content and they don't like the attitude and proclaim me "troll' and ban me.

Quote:
One was about gravitational attraction over various distances. There's a law of classical physics about that:

It's called Newton's Inverse Square Law. On your drawing it means that at

I heard of that. It's in a sci-fi book I'm reading.

Quote:
(2) the gravitational attraction is 1/(2^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a quarter

(3) the gravitational attraction is 1/(3^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a ninth

(4) the gravitational attraction is 1/(4^2) of the gravitional attraction at (1) - that's a sixteenth

The pull decreases exponentialy with distance?

Quote:
The speed of gravity is c (the speed of light). It's normally referred to as the speed at which gravity propagates, but it still means the same thing

And how do we know this? See, I been asking the speed of gravity question long time now. Kinda hard to determine with evertthing in place. Perhaps by measuring the orbit of a body as a commet from out there comes close?

Quote:
So, if by some trick the sun was removed to a parallel universe, the Earth would still continue in its orbit for about 8 minutes, then it would shoot off at a tangent. At the same moment, we would see the sun disappear. Meanwhile, Mars would continue in its orbital path for another 4 minutes. Then it too would shoot off. Jupiter would continue to orbit the non-existent sun for another half hour!

So gravity is a wave? A particle? Both? Niether? Voodoo? Hypmotism?

http://nocapsspaces.3.forumer.com

Not really ready yet, but the fun will commence there soon.

S
S
Quote:
I just got yelled at on another forum for posting pictures, and deleted..."this is a forum of words..."

Isn't a picture worth a thousand words? LOL! Wonder how they would take to my smilies? Got a link?

I've been banned from forum A for what I said on forum B. Then banned from forum B for being a supporter of forum A. Banned from forum C for what I said in private messages. Banned from forum D for the same thing. Banned from forum E for saying something I never said. Oh the stories I could tell about my adventures on web forums. And just wait until you have people posting hanging nooses to you.

It's not Global Warming, it's Ice Age Abatement.
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Marchimedes, I don't have time to reply yet - got to be out of here ten minutes ago grin Be back in a few days.

This is a boootiful forum. Sensible, tolerant mods. They are, of course, obliged to respond to slanderous content, personal abuse and related flaming etc. That's nothing personal, just an ethical duty.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: scpg02
Isn't a picture worth a thousand words? LOL! Wonder how they would take to my smilies? Got a link?

Yea, but they've deleted all the good stuff out. Where I make them look like idiots.

This is the ooriginal thread...

http://www.thescienceforum.com/How-to-build-a-pyramid.-6989t.php

At the end skinboy tells me I need to put it in words instead.

Hehe. That's the first thing I did over two years ago with my pyramid theory...

http://www.thescienceforum.com/How-To-Build-A-Pyramid-7556t.php

And then I kicked the snot outta skinboy.

He deleted those.

Quote:
I've been banned from forum A for what I said on forum B. Then banned from forum B for being a supporter of forum A. Banned from forum C for what I said in private messages. Banned from forum D for the same thing. Banned from forum E for saying something I never said. Oh the stories I could tell about my adventures on web forums. And just wait until you have people posting hanging nooses to you.

They don't dare. it really is amazing the efforts some sites go through. It's like little dictatorships, with censorship and propaganda and midnight secret police raids and everything.

S
S
Quote:
It's like little dictatorships, with censorship and propaganda and midnight secret police raids and everything.

LOL! hadn't thought of it that way but you are correct!

M
OP Offline
M
Tell me this is not the coolest idea ever.

Beside girls with beer.

Lettuce see if you are ready for my next idea.

This is huge.

Know what shooting stars are?

(Sound of Monkeys snoring).

They are meteors that hit the Earth's atmosphere. They going real fast like. So fast that the friction of the air makes them burn up. You make a wish, and next thing you know Kizzume has a toothless gay circus midget knocking on his door with a six pack of warm PBR.

Now the average size of one of those fleeting shooting stars is the size of a grain of sand or salt.

Amazing you can see such a small thing zip from so far away.

Different elements burn different colors.

Your average incandesant light bulb has Tungston I think as the filimant, which burns white. Iron, like in a blacksmith's forge, burns red. I'm hoping Colbolt burns blue, but I'm just guessing.

Imagine how many grains of sand would fit in a 55 gallon drum?

On the 4th of July, say 9 PM pacific time, some guy on the space shuttle or space station kicks that drum out at a time and place so that the grains of Tungston, Iron and Colbolt reenter the Earth's atmosphere all over the Mighty US of A.

What do you got?

Billions and billions of red, white and blue shooting stars at the time and place of your choosing.

Any idea how many of your tax dollars are used for fireworks shows accross the nation?

In the long run this would cost less, looks cooler, and you don't have to pile your brats into the station wagon and drive 50 miles and get rained on.

You get to sit in your back yard while said brats bring you cold ones.

There's a lot more to this idea.

S
S

M
OP Offline
M

Know what's friggin amazing?

I e-mailed this to NASA a couple of years ago.

Told them "take it, it's free".

They wrote me back and said they couldn't do anything with it cause it didn't fit in either of their two submissions catagory.

Basically cause it was free.

I told these retards that if they did this there would be enormous interest in the space program. Joe and Marsha, Marsha, Marsha six pack are always screaming the money is better spent down here, on food stamps and bridges to nowhere I guess. Congess would be urged by the voters to give money to the space program cause, well, folks like getting drunk and watching pretty lights.

This would make them look so cool, and I bet I could get laid a lot more.

"Hey, how you doin? I'm Marchimedes, the man made shooting stars guy".

"Oh, really? I'm Barbie, this is my friend Candy".

"Giddyup".

S
S
Quote:
and I bet I could get laid a lot more.

LOL! having trouble with that huh? So what's the problem now?

M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
and I bet I could get laid a lot more.

LOL! having trouble with that huh? So what's the problem now?

Women say they want a smart guy.

Just not smarter than them.

I suppose I could act stupid.

Page 3 of 21 1 2 3 4 5 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.