Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#21749 05/22/07 09:24 PM
M
OP Offline
M

What? I've a drawing I want here. How I do that?
Megastar
Megastar
smile
I don't think I want MORE; but this was a surprisingly easy-to-read style.

Surprisingly novel ideas too (at least to me), and so it was an enjoyable scan -surprisingly.

~S.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.
Superstar
Superstar
I would have enjoyed it more if the right hand side of everything weren't cropped off. It made it much more difficult to understand.

If you don't care for reality, just wait a while; another will be along shortly. --A Rose

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
Rose, that's probably a quirk of your system. I get the full image, no cropping.

Marchimedes, you've obviously given that a lot of thought, as it makes sense. Your presentation is unique. It reminds me of Larry Gonick's "The Cartoon History of the Universe" (from which I learned more history than I did in all my school days!)

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: samwik
smile
I don't think I want MORE; but this was a surprisingly easy-to-read style.

Surprisingly novel ideas too (at least to me), and so it was an enjoyable scan -surprisingly.

~S.

Well, stop saying nice stuff if you don't want more. Nah, I bet you have zero interest in this topic. But you read? the ideas are DEFINATLY mine. I'm pretty darn smart but a lot of this stems from my job I had moving safes with primative tools. A few years doing that I looked at the pyramids and said "so"?

Enjoyable. Thank you.

Originally Posted By: Amaranth Rose II
I would have enjoyed it more if the right hand side of everything weren't cropped off. It made it much more difficult to understand.

Try the links I gave and see if they work from there. If not you got some setting or sumpin to change.

Originally Posted By: redewenur
Marchimedes, you've obviously given that a lot of thought, as it makes sense. Your presentation is unique. It reminds me of Larry Gonick's "The Cartoon History of the Universe" (from which I learned more history than I did in all my school days!)

Not as much thought as you'd think. Way more thought was given (as I came to the net two years ago PC ignorant, on Paint, copy, posting, hosting, editing and stuff like that. Now look at me...

I'm chock full of tricks.

I like unique. What I strive for. Where has valid scientific theory ever been presented like this before?

Thought I was the first. I'll have to check Gonick. My usual screenanme is "teacher" where that name isn''t already taken. And i'm getting people to learn and they don't even know it.

Thank you guys.

But you might not have said these nice things had my first two images posted.

Lettuce try again...

Well, that's the second one, troubles with the first. Only here though. but it''s just some pics of the Pope blessing me and this thread. I'll have him call it in.

I got other pyramid stuff, any interest?

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
If you're interested in reading Gonick, there are two books,

- The Cartoon History of the Universe, ISBN 0-385-26520-4

- The Cartoon History of the Universe II, ISBN 0-385-42093-5

The first is 'From the Big Bang to Alexander the Great', the second 'From the Springtime of China to the Fall of Rome'

You'll find that your style is different, but what you both have is a novel approach.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Very very well done, mArchimedes. You have given the subject a lot of thought, and provided us with some rare scientific factual entertainment.
You are an asset to our Forum.
Dont worry about your spelling, its a fact that most real scientists can't spell anyway.
That spelling fact was mentioned by Amaranth in this Forum about 4 years ago. It has proven very true.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

M
OP Offline
M

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.