Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2171 06/28/05 08:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Monsoon have arrived in Delhi and we are eagerly waiting for the first monsoon shower of the season.After using the stored water for almost 9 months Indian Subcontient get an opportunity to refill its reservoirs.It is so much important to rain ontime that some farmers actually suicide if it doesnt rain... the whole economy goes for a toss ....India becomes poorer and more unmanageable...
Therefore it is very important for a country like India to master the art of bringing rain on time... as of now the science has been predictive in case of weather change but has so far not been able to give corrective guideline for bringing the proper rain...
Millions of Indians suffer from sotmach related problmes because of the polluted water ....
I myself have started buying it from the market...Bisleri is one such brand.
The good old days of trust-your-tap has gone... the pollution has reached beyond control it seems... today water costs me Rs.50 per for a 20ltrs bottle and I am sure its price will rise exponentially if rains refuse to bless us 'enough'.
Thankfully I appreciate the Lord for bringing it on time but would alos request Lord to allow us to find the fundamental reasons for the seasonal shifts and quantity shift....so that we know how to bring the Rain God home everytime with confidence...
This may not sound like a Moon mission but it is as important as Landing on Moon for prosperity (atleast in India which is so much dependent on water and software)
Rain occurs due to the contraction and expansion of clouds in the upper atmosphere where the moisture condense into rain...
Once the process of contraction is affected due to pollution we will have sudden changes in the weather pattern which will detoriate with time.. and if corrective measures are not taken then the slowly the new weather pattern will start changing so quickly that it will exceed our adaptibility coefficient...A country like India will get hurt beyond imgination and 100 crore people will become more poor ....This is the most immediate practical consequence I can think of...therefore undertstanding weather is very important for everyone atleast in India...how many Indians are there in the group?

C
C
I've read that global warming will cause the Indian monsoon to fail. India will turn into a desert wasteland just like Australia did 50,000 years ago when the Australian monsoon weakened and then stopped altogether.

U
Superstar
Superstar
U
Quote:
After using the stored water for almost 9 months Indian Subcontient get an opportunity to refill its reservoirs.
In the event that you have not noticed for whatever reason, the majority of the New Delhi population defecates in the streets. Given a metropolitan population of 17 million with at least 50% using the street as toilet to deposit 400 grams of feces/day,

(8.5x10^6)(9 mo)(30 days/mo)(400 grams)[10^(-6) tonnes/gram) = 918,000 metric tonnes of ****.

Uncle Al thoroughly appreciates your enthusiasm for the monsoon. In the West we call it "flushing the toilet." BTW, do you folks have storm sewers?

Uncle Al
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/
(Toxic URL! Unsafe for children and most mammals)
http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/qz3.pdf
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Indian Monsoon fails who knows what fails next?Who knows what kind of effect it will have on 100 crore people ...??
Anyways if that is the conclusion then it will be very unfortunate for the world economy.. a consumer base will be lost...India is 4th in Purchasing Power Parity ranking.

I would not like to discuss on the number which Dear Uncle AI has given on the waste and its management.

C
C
The device to separate constituents of mixtures is offered to help India.

Aloha, Charlie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Help accepted if you can demonstrate its usefulness to the world.
But how is it relevant to my orginal intent of the topic.. i.e. to discuss Weather.
We need a possible corrective mechanism to restore any large deviation from the accepted weather pattern.. one such device uses explosion to induce rain in areas where it doesnt rain anymore...
Can we guide the rain clouds from Indian Ocean to Kashmir?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It has been raining here for the last 6hours and i m happy to say that weather forecasting works quite accurately ...last year it didnt work..
I hope there are reasons for this deviation..because then only we will be able to devise ways of bringing the rain god home on time with enough water...

C
C
Quote:
Originally posted by dkv:
If Indian Monsoon fails who knows what fails next?Who knows what kind of effect it will have on 100 crore people ...??
Anyways if that is the conclusion then it will be very unfortunate for the world economy.. a consumer base will be lost...India is 4th in Purchasing Power Parity ranking.

I would not like to discuss on the number which Dear Uncle AI has given on the waste and its management.
Climate change will affect many other countries as well. It will lead to the end of our civilization. Similar things have happened in the past. E.g., the Mayan civilization ended as a result of drought.

C
C
The separator is offered as a cheap means of desalinize seawater and clean water.

Remineralizing the earth at http://www.remineralize.org/ discusses restoring the soil.

Cheap diode array energy could power autonomous machines to turn compost and crush rock. Cheap electricity can move nutrient ions through soil where nitrate and phosphate ions can be brought to plants and NaCl removed. This polarity may remove water too. Referring to an old Popular Science magazune issue, liquid may be converted into a mist by being poured over the top pole of a hollow sphere that has a slit at the equator where compressed air escapes drawing away the liquid. Another Popular Science issue ('73) featured a rotary heat exchanger with great heat transfer performance.

Please imagine a wonderful and realistic future.

Aloha, Charlie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your cheap diode array energy has not come out of your lab yet...If it is so good then any company will help you...
From here I can only agree with you.

C
C
I am not going in the direction of forming a focused business core that would develop this technology for an oligarchy of a few foundries. Instead, I am spreading the concept widely so a federation of many producers will ulimately form a loose network. This is slower but more inclusive. When someone makes a prototype that works there will be a stampede of many prepared people.

Aloha, Charlie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Read my previous post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it rained and rained heavily.
At some places it drowned the earth...
Thousands displaced and hundreds died.
Another news here.
Sad to hear about the loss of life in London.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.