Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2144 06/24/05 10:20 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"US authorities confirmed the country's second case of mad cow disease in an animal that died last November and had passed previous tests."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20050624/hl_afp/usmadcow_050624215219;_ylt=AgEPOxLoWYIXKrJOfLpymWMl2y8C;_ylu=X3oDMTBiMW04NW9mBHNlYwMlJVRPUCUl

Anyone want to invest in cattle futures right about now? frown

#2145 06/25/05 12:56 AM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Quote:
Originally posted by Amaranth Rose:
"US authorities confirmed the country's second case of mad cow disease in an animal that died last November and had passed previous tests."

Anyone want to invest in cattle futures right about now? frown
I wouldnt worry about it too much Amaranth.
Breaking news just 6 hours old.... states that
your FDA are about to approve of Cloned Meat and Milk to be sold in your Supermarkets.

Lets face it, you can be sure once the Farmers have picked out the Fattest and quickest growing Cattle. They will be sent to the Cloning Labs, so you can all indulge in eating the latest fatty, non-muscular cheap meat.....for ever and ever.
All washed down with large glasses of Cloned Milk.

Seeing that you will all be eating EXACTLY the same food,I can see a huge scramble back to eating in Mac Donalds. :rolleyes:
Read Below
http://www.wpherald.com/storyview.php?StoryID=20050623-014838-4162r
AND
http://www.allheadlinenews.com/cgi-bin/news/newsbrief.plx?id=2239279396&fa=1

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

#2146 06/25/05 01:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So, you're saying that soon all the beef and pork on the shelf will be equally tough and stringy? I pray not. When it comes to the cuts I can afford, I'm hoping for more meat, less bone, and less sinew in my stew pot. I know it's a pipe dream, but what the heck, hopes are what we pin our lives down with, eh? wink

#2147 06/29/05 09:09 AM
R
R
Oh Amaranth, i ma a great admirer of your work but i have to say even i think you have overstepped the mark here. what do you thinnk you are playing at? going around worrying everybody about the state of the U.S. and mad cow disease. we have much more important things to think about like the g8 summit, the state of the nation and George Bush. get a grip girl and sotp scaring everyone, a little bit mad cow disease never hurt anyone, in fact i think it might be a good idea in some cases. i do however sitll admire you, and i would love to meet up to discuss your ideas in more detail (if u know what im saying)

Roddy
#2148 06/29/05 09:16 AM
G
Gus Offline
G
um.....hiya its gus here again....i thought amaranth was a guy?? if so i think roddy should back up a little bit or else i think he should take some time to think about his true nature and sexuality.
sincerely,
Gus
xxxx
(if you are feeling confused about your sexuality, then come meet me and we can discuss it in detail, if YOU know what I mean)

GusGus
#2149 06/29/05 04:36 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry to disapoint anyone, but Amaranth is most definitely of the female persuasion. I have no doubts about my sexuality. If you do, ask my son for his opinion. If anyone would know, besides me, Shasta should, but his immature judgment may lead you astray somewhat. Beware of imitations, as I am unique in many ways. What you see is what you get; what you think you see is your fault. wink

#2150 07/01/05 08:46 AM
R
R
oh amaranth, i ma truly glad to hear that you are female! but does this mean that you have a husband? u mention a son...i am concerned! i hope u are single, i would love to meet a female with the same depth of knowledge about science and intellect as myself!
ever yours roddy

Roddy
#2151 07/01/05 08:49 AM
G
Gus Offline
G
Roddy my dear back off shes mine.
even though i thought she was a man.

GusGus
#2152 07/01/05 09:46 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ROF,LMBBO!!! Ahem! Excuse me while I gather myself back together! Please, no fighting on the forum! wink

I'm not nearly as interesting in person, believe me. The computer is a wonderful shield; it does not stutter, for one thing, nor does it show gray hairs, of which I have a few. This is not the place to get personal. But I must thank you both for the nicest compliments I've received in many a day! wink

#2153 07/06/05 01:36 AM
T
T
my dad has cows so this may in fact be a problem, but it dont think it will be an epidemic, becuase we are generally healthier with our meat handling, and no president wants to be the one that let the meat go bad. We shall have to see Rose, we shall see. but yeah, g8 summit first, cows immdiatley afterward.

Say hi to hubby-poo for me.

"If I cannot have company whose minds are clearly free, I would perfer to go alone..." - Dr. Gideon Lincecum
#2154 07/06/05 02:37 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi to what hubby-poo? Don't scare me like that. I've been flying solo for fifteen years now, just me and the kid. If there's a spouse around here I sure haven't noticed. No serious applicants for the position, either. I take my freedom seriously. Got my track shoes on and everything, just in case! wink

#2155 07/07/05 12:08 AM
Y
Y
You can pooh-pooh bovine spongiform encephalopathy (mad cow) all you want, but that won't change the fact that it is a serious threat.

If you don't think so, consider the following facts.

1 - Material "infected" by the prion that causes mad cow will be infectious forever. you can incinerate that material and still find mad cow prions in the ashes.

2 - Mad cows are not the only source of infections of mad cow like diseases. In sheep it is called scrapie and this is the original source of the infection in cows. It started with feeding vegetarian animals (cattle) offal from slaughter houses mixed with their feed. The prions in sheep brains then infected the cows which then became infectious to man. The original form in sheep, before it mutated in cattle, was not a danger to man.

3 - A form of mad cow is rampant in the United States. It is called chronic wasting disease and is running wild through the deer and elk population west of the Mississippi river. It showed up east of the Mississippi last year in deer herds along the Wisconsin Illinois border. When these animals die their carcasses remain infectious and the prion stays in the environment. Eventually this will lead to transmission to livestock.

So you see, this is really a serious problem. Our government is just not admitting it yet.

People don't care what you have done
People won't remember what you have said
But they will never forget how you made them feel
#2156 07/07/05 05:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The US government is in control of information regarding BSE and CWD. Be afraid. Be very afraid.

#2157 07/08/05 03:58 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
And the US government is a kleptocracy so health of the American citizen ranks substantially behind the health of the corporate bottom line.

DA Morgan
#2158 07/11/05 10:26 AM
R
R
Oh amaranth my darling, u are single! my heart rejoices. oh to have your literary mind, your quick wit and intellect. and DA Morgan, you are quite right abiout the US government being a kleptocracy-though i think kith and kin to the UK is a way i prefer to describe it as. what are everyone's views on Georgie boy? by that i mean bush! hmmm, i could make a very rude comment here amaranth wink but i think i will refrain!

ever yours, rodster

Roddy
#2159 07/11/05 10:33 AM
O
O
To the 'Rodster' of the forum. i do not agree with your harassing of amaranth...a talented science prodigy. She may be single and i'm guessing so are the other member of this forum...i mean lets face it, scientists have more important things to think about than the basic laws of attraction, so take a lucky dip roddy and don't just concentrate your wits and stimulating charm on just amaranth

yours truly darlings

Orlaithx

#2160 07/11/05 10:42 AM
O
O

#2161 07/11/05 10:46 AM
R
R
oh will you, maybe amaranth would like to join in! haha just joking oh rose of my heart, i would never offfend your delicate sensibilties by forcing you to join in these sordid fantasies. by the way, whats happening with the mad cow reprise? keep it on the low! wink
yours, roddy

Roddy
#2162 07/11/05 10:49 AM
O
O

#2163 07/11/05 10:55 AM
O
O
Rodddddddy you are a false two faced no-one. go ahead and kiss your way up to the top of this forum but don't come crying to me when amaranth rejects you again

yours regretfully

#2164 07/11/05 11:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ahem. As Moderator, I must remind you this is a Science Forum, not a chat room. Please stick to Science and Science related topics. Inappropriate material will be edited. If you want to get personal, I suggest you use the "Private Message" function. That's what it's there for. A certain amount of chatting is acceptable but don't get personal, please. This forum is read by persons of all ages, not just consensual aged adults. Keep your audience in mind when you post to the forum.

#2165 07/15/05 08:49 AM
R
R
oh amaranth i am truly sorry if any of this offended you. having met up with orlaith 2 days ago i can confirm to u that she is a very feisty young girl and i amm not surprised that u had to edit some of her messages. sorry oh jewel in my crown! anyway, how are the mad cow diseases progressing? maybe i should give one to orlaith to stop her from being inappropiate!
always yours roddy xxxxx

Roddy
#2166 07/15/05 09:23 AM
G
Gus Offline
G
rodriguez rodriguez rodriguez. what are you thinking? stop. stop now.
Anyway. Any interesting scientific discoveries my friends? i have grown bored and am craving information.

GusGus
#2167 07/16/05 05:25 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Perhaps this will help you in your search for news on the mad cow front.

http://viswiz.imk.fraunhofer.de/~steffi/madcow/madcow.htm

I'm having trouble being serious tonight.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.