Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#19977 04/06/07 01:17 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Intimidation and threats are common throughout society, whether it's in the school playground, sporting arena or boardroom. Threatening behaviour is equally widespread among non-human animals. "Male crayfish lie and cheat their way to the top, whilst females appear to be honest displayers of their own strength", Robbie Wilson said. "This is important work showing that dishonesty is commonly used by animals during fights", said Wilson. "We already knew humans often use dishonesty during disputes, but our results suggest cheating may play a more important role in animal communication than previously imagined." For the full article: Click Here. Is anyone surprised? ;-)

DA Morgan
S
S
I'm not surprised. It is fashionable to beat up on men now. I am one of the few women who calls themselves a masculinist. A great book to read on men's rights is The Myth of Male Power.

It's not Global Warming, it's Ice Age Abatement.
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Dictionary definition:- Masculinist = An advocate of mens rights
opp. feminist; cf. hominist

I,m so glad to hear this, there is no doubt that more and more women are pleased, and welcome the fact that more men are saving the world, by staying at home and looking after its future. i,e The family children. Their education, is of paramount importance. With more and more children growing up accepting life through their father and his "new mans eyes" The working women, and the stay-at-home man is becoming the accepted norm.
No-where is this type of life happening more than in Europe.
Prehaps society will get better, run smoother?
Since more and more women are holding down high profile jobs, driving four wheel gas guzzlers seeing their psychiatrist, popping pills, drinking, and even commiting suicide,...a result of the mental strains of looking after their family,and keeping up with the neighbours.
Good on you scgp02, when you come home and your man tells you he put his feet and relaxed for a couple of hours in front of the TV, between a trip to the Laundromat and the fast food take away
...you know he is a liar.

--------------------
Relish Today Ketchup Tomorrow!

--------Mike Kremer-------

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

S
S
LOL! Reality is men should have that choice. Sadly they don't. I'm more concerned with men regaining their procreation rights. Women hold all the cards. He has little or no say in whether she has a child and will pay for it accordingly.

W
W
Are all males liars? Yup.

Are all females liars? Yup.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
scpg02 wrote:
"I'm more concerned with men regaining their procreation rights."

When did you lose them?
Where did you lose them?
Have you contacted search and rescue?
Perhaps you should have kept your trousers zipped up.

I love it when men, whose skill set ceased development at the time of puberty, look everywhere except in the mirror for the source of the problem.

BTW: Try putting the toilet seat down.

DA Morgan
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: DA Morgan
scpg02 wrote:

When did you lose them?
Where did you lose them?
Have you contacted search and rescue?>.................

Procreation rights?
Are you living in the middle ages, scpg02?

The fact that she wants you to be the Mother of your children,
should be enough.
As for the act of procreation, you might remember that couples have much more time on their hands than in the past.

And in addition you have the advantage of monthly birth control pills, or the single morning after pill. And other types of contraception. It takes two to agree to tangoe these days.

--------------------
Relish Today Ketchup Tomorrow
Optimism lives for the Living

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Someone I know:

Went out with a woman who told him she was taking the pill - became pregnant and told him that she wasn't really on the pill and that she had what she wanted so he could get stuffed now - sad dope offered to marry her and do his bit to support both her and child - she refused and moved 300 miles away to Scotland - she gave his name to Child Support Agency - they take around 20% of his net income even though he does not get to see the child - court granted him access but will do nothing to enforce order despite her refusing to let him see child - she now has two more children by different Fathers and lives very happily on State Benefit while 3 men support three children they never get to see.

Procreation rights for men?

Blacknad.

S
S
scpg02 wrote:

When did you lose them?
Where did you lose them?
Have you contacted search and rescue?
Perhaps you should have kept your trousers zipped up.

I love it when men, whose skill set ceased development at the time of puberty, look everywhere except in the mirror for the source of the problem.

BTW: Try putting the toilet seat down.

First of all I'm female. Second, men lost their rights to procreation with the advent of the pill and government as substitute fathers.

S
S
Originally Posted By: Mike Kremer
scpg02 wrote:

When did you lose them?
Where did you lose them?
Have you contacted search and rescue?>.................

Procreation rights?
Are you living in the middle ages, scpg02?

The fact that she wants you to be the Mother of your children,
should be enough.
As for the act of procreation, you might remember that couples have much more time on their hands than in the past.

And in addition you have the advantage of monthly birth control pills, or the single morning after pill. And other types of contraception. It takes two to agree to tangoe these days.

--------------------
Relish Today Ketchup Tomorrow
Optimism lives for the Living

You have no idea what I'm talking about do you?

S
S
Originally Posted By: Blacknad
Someone I know:

Went out with a woman who told him she was taking the pill - became pregnant and told him that she wasn't really on the pill and that she had what she wanted so he could get stuffed now - sad dope offered to marry her and do his bit to support both her and child - she refused and moved 300 miles away to Scotland - she gave his name to Child Support Agency - they take around 20% of his net income even though he does not get to see the child - court granted him access but will do nothing to enforce order despite her refusing to let him see child - she now has two more children by different Fathers and lives very happily on State Benefit while 3 men support three children they never get to see.

Procreation rights for men?

Blacknad.

You have illustrated the need for it admirably. She should have been put in jail for fraud.

W
W
On the opposite end of the spectrum, I dated a girl who was a few years younger than me. We were always very careful, but little did I know that she was intentionally taking overdoses of her birth control pill in order to make her body think it was pregnant. She tells me she's pregnant, she comes up positive on a pregnancy test, and her belly begins to grow as is it was pregnant. She insists that we get married as quickly as possible.

She was rather surprised to learn that I, coming from a divorced-parent household, feel that "getting married for the sake of the child" makes about as much sense as putting syrup on on a doghouse to keep away the rocks.

I offered to support her and the child financially, and she freaked out. She told her father I'd gotten her pregnant and refused to "do the right thing" and the guy literally tried to kill me.

When the truth came out about the faked pregnancy, I moved to another state just to get away from her whole psychotic family.

Had she dated a bigger sucker, he'd have been stuck in a marriage. She would doubtlessly have pretended a miscarriage, but by then he'd already owe her alimony if he decided to pursue a divorce.

Men's procreation rights? Whatta joke.

w

Last edited by Wayne Zeller; 04/08/07 01:16 AM.
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Sad story.
No answer to that one. Apart from the fact that the Child Support Agency is in a bad state these days, and don't always bother to trace the errant father, if he moves around.
Your friend could pack in his job, and go on the 'dole', or since he is unmarried, go abroad. I can also see UK State Benefits being substantialy cut before long. Something about the UK Government having to support more and more legal, and illegal Immigrants children costing too much.

S
S
Originally Posted By: Wayne Zeller
Men's procreation rights? Whatta joke.

Yes they are currently a joke. That's why I advocate for them. Your story was not on the opposite end of the spectrum as you claimed but on the same end as me.

Last edited by scpg02; 04/08/07 03:33 AM.

S
S

Everyone seems to have misinterpreted my position on men?s rights especially when it comes to procreation. One even claiming to be on the opposite end of the spectrum when clearly they are on the same end. I advocate reading a book called the Myth of Male Power.

If men are the all powerful sex?

• Why are they the suicide sex? (Why are we unaware that our grandfathers are 1350% more likely to commit suicide than our grandmothers?)
  • Why did men live one year less than women in 1920 but live seven years less than women in 1990?
  • Why are our dads about as likely to die of prostate cancer as our mothers are of breast cancer while breast cancer receives 660% more funding?
  • Why do men make more money but have lower net worth?

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
scpg02 wrote:
"Yes they are currently a joke. That's why I advocate for them."

See a psychologist.

scpg02 asks:
"Why are we unaware that our grandfathers are 1350% more likely to commit suicide than our grandmothers?"

Also more likely to commit murder, rape, and armed robbery. Is there a point here beyond the purely rhetorical? How about why are men less willing to take antidepressants than women?

scpg02 asks:
"Why did men live one year less than women in 1920 but live seven years less than women in 1990?"

See above.

scpg02 asks:
"Why are our dads about as likely to die of prostate cancer as our mothers are of breast cancer while breast cancer receives 660% more funding?"

Because life is unfair. Got a great idea. Instead of whining why don't you answer the following question? How much money have you contributed in the last 60 days to the fight against prostate cancer?

Perhaps it is because women are willing to rally around fighting their disease ... Walk for the Cure, Susan Komen Foundation, etc. When have you ever seen men marching in the street demanding more attention paid to testicular or prostate cancer? Don't blame other for your personal unwillingness and inability to do more than an anonymous whine at SAGG.

scpg02 asks:
"Why do men make more money but have lower net worth?"

I don't know. Why don't you go ask Bill Gates, Steve Balmer, Larry Ellison, Warren Buffet, ....

What a pathetic crock.

DA Morgan
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: scpg02

You have illustrated the need for it admirably. She should have been put in jail for fraud.

I don't think so.
No woman who looks after three children is ever going to be put in jail, not here in the UK.
That would make 4 people being a burden to the State, plus any child psychological problems, that might result.
No one in the UK is ever forced to live with another, whatever the previous circumstances of marriage, common law, or other commitments.
We have some of the most liberal laws in Europe, and certainly some of the most liberal prisons..Television, Library, External Study Courses, no chains or manacles, visiting rights and able to get married are all allowed for long term interns.
Long term for murder in the UK normally means 20-30 years. With release (parole) after serving 2/3 of sentence.
Compared to prisons in America, ours are a 'holiday camp'

No wonder the EU countrys are queueing up for entry here.
At the moment we are flooded out in London with Polish, Turkish, French, Russian, and Albanian immigrants, in that order. Having previously absorbed Chinese, Latvian, Indian, African, Negro and other ethnic groups from the left overs of the 'British Empire'

We try to cater for multi ethnic school children. All of our State schools, provide up to 16 different language translations of School notices. We have done away with 'morning assembly' which required morning prayers, dependant upon whether the school was Catholic or Protestant.

Yep, London is a very vibrant place to live in, indeed.

--------------------
"You will never find a real Human being - even in a mirror."

.....Mike Kremer.

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Dan,

For someone who is more likely to stand up for women than the suffragettes themselves, you are certainly giving this woman a hard time.

You seem to have taken a dislike to scpg02 for no good reason.

She has already made a contribution to SAGG with some great threads.

If you scare her away, you should hang your head.

As Amaranth says, 'there is room for all in the sandbox' - or something like that.

Stop beating up on people before you really know them.

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
I don't believe much of anything scpg02 has posted to date including, but not limited to, location and gender.

And I couldn't care whether s/he is the family cat my statements are made, unequivocally, without prejudice due to race, creed, religion, national origin, culture, language, gender, etc.

What I would say to a man I will say to a woman.

It is not my intention to scare her/him away. But I don't believe for one minute there is a woman on the planet decrying the money spent to cure the disease the killed my wife.

I'll be in Sacramento in May. How about it scpg02? If you are really in the Sacramento area ... pick the Starbucks of your choice.

DA Morgan
S
S
Not only am I in Sacramento but I am willing to meet with you. I do, however, expect you to act more civilized than you have here. But hey if you would rather beat up on me than get to know me, your choice and your loss.

I don't decry the money spent on the disease that killed your wife. You assume too much. I have to go for a mammogram myself to have a lump checked. My problem is with women who cry me me me all the time at the expense of men. Men are treated abysmally by women. As the mother of two fine young men, I have a problem with that. I?ve had to deal with Vice Principals that are feminazis. They believe that girls can do no wrong and boys are evil. They school system is set up to cater to girls at the expense of the boys.

Me about 15 years ago

Me at the 2002 World Ag Expo

Me last month

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.