Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Mansouryar I verified the facts. So far what you have published is scifi ... not science.

There is nothing but wild speculation, almost all discredited, with respect to the idea.

You are just now catching up with tachyons.

DA Morgan
W
W
MM:
I sent you a Personal Message, did you not receive it?
As far as interacting poorly with Inter-stellar Races, I look at our history here at home, on Mother Earth. We can't even get along with ourselves, how do you think we'd interact with ET's?

As far as the viability of a working Stargate, hey, I've been to Las Vegas, anything is possible.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
"I can take one from any desired pub to any desired hell."

"to any desired hell.". I realise that you're on the defensive, and are likely to be over-sensitive, so, my apologies if I offended your sensibilities. It's English humour, you know - tends to be a bit course at times.

MM, what is the proposed source of exotic matter? My understanding is that there is no evidence that it exists.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
So far what you have published is scifi ... not science.

Up to now, my main paper has been referred by six authors in two papers:
http://www.slac.stanford.edu/spires/find/hep?c=GR-QC/0511086
Also, you say AIP publishes sci-fi?!!

Quote:
There is nothing but wild speculation, almost all discredited

I assume you were drunk while posting this? I really do not know how many times do I need to ask you talk based on evidences?

Quote:
You are just now catching up with tachyons.

I have no idea about them.

Quote:
I sent you a Personal Message, did you not receive it?

Yes, & thanks for that Mike, but I do not know how should be my reply to it.

Quote:
As far as interacting poorly with Inter-stellar Races, I look at our history here at home, on Mother Earth. We can't even get along with ourselves, how do you think we'd interact with ET's?

Look at these discussions to find a better insight on this matter:

http://forum.stargatetls.net/index.php?topic=1679.0
http://uplink.space.com/showflat.php?Cat...part=1&vc=1
http://www.dreamviews.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=39532
http://www.unexplained-mysteries.com/for...=82901&st=0
http://www.advancedphysics.org/forum/showthread.php?p=31754

M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
My understanding is that there is no evidence that it exists.

There have been experiments such as this:

G. Bressi, G. Carugno, R. Onofrio, G. Ruoso (2002), "Measurement of the Casimir force between parallel metallic surfaces", Phys. Rev. Lett. 88 (2002) 041804.
(http://www.arxiv.org/abs/quant-ph/0203002)

Also, proposed setups to testify, like this:

Davis, E.W., and Puthoff, H.E., "Experimental Concepts for Generating Negative Energy in the Laboratory," in these proceedings of Space Technology and Applications International Forum (STAIF-2007), edited by M. S. El-Genk, American Institute of Physics, Melville, New York, 2007.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
So, MM, is the Casimir effect your proposed source of exotic matter?

M
OP Offline
M
Yes.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Then prepare for substantial disappointment because, it would seem, you do not understand what the Casimir force is.

Our best understanding of it puts it, in terms of what you are considering, to be as useful as feathers on a fish.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
Professor DA Morgan,

I humbly beg you please, please explain me what the Casimir force is.

Your idiot student,
MM

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Trying to gain useful work from the Casimir force is equivalent to trying to scoop water out of the Pacific Ocean and leave a hole.

Start here though I don't go to Wikipedia for serious science.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Energy_density

I can find a lot of good stuff in the library at the U but try as I might using google I can't find a single article, except those from the nut brigade, claiming you can extract energy from the zero point and end up with negative energy.

Not a single peer reviewed publication seems to take your notion seriously.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
Respected Prof. DA Morgan,

Thank you so much for your great favor in posting the required information. Please take a look at this paper:

http://arxiv.org/abs/gr-qc/0611133

It has been written by five physicists and has been accepted to be published in Gen. Rel. Grav. 39 (2007) 145-151. You can find my name in the References division of the mentioned paper. Also, my newest paper was presented in STAIF-2007. I think those documents can be considered peer review enough, therefore I humbly request you to post the list of your papers (& probably books) to continue the discussion. Please make me aware of your official scientific researches, accepted by the mainstream physics community.

Sincerely yours,
MM

P.S.: Furthermore, the technical critics you brought up on my 7-years efforts, was extremely useful. I mean this:

Quote:
Trying to gain useful work from the Casimir force is equivalent to trying to scoop water out of the Pacific Ocean and leave a hole.

Please let me confess that the involved mathematics you applied, is indeed too complicated to my understanding.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
MM ... do you know what arxiv.org is?

Do you know what is required to publish there?

I could publish just about anything there I want. So could you as we've seen.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
Quote:
It has been written by five physicists and has been accepted to be published in Gen. Rel. Grav. 39 (2007) 145-151. You can find my name in the References division of the mentioned paper. Also, my newest paper was presented in STAIF-2007. I think those documents can be considered peer review enough, therefore I humbly request you to post the list of your papers (& probably books) to continue the discussion. Please make me aware of your official scientific researches, accepted by the mainstream physics community.

R
Megastar
Megastar
R
MM, no need to shout, OK?

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
MM isn't interested in science. He is a advocate. And, as such, I will ignore him from here on unless he can demonstrate some level of critical thinking and scientific skepticism.

I've read the paper MM. I am wholly unimpressed. As is my daughter. As is everyone here I asked about it.

This conversation is over.

DA Morgan
M
OP Offline
M
I do not shout, I only want to know what is the position of the man who says I am wrong. The one who says I am not interested in science, must have a high scientific background. I just asked him to show me one evidence, very politely.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
You shouted
You were not polite
I will no longer play your game.
YOYO

DA Morgan
A
A
While the last thing I want to do is resurrect this... wretched excuse for a debate... I feel compelled to comment on what I saw here.

What happened in this thankfully dead forum thread was absolutely shameful.

This is a science forum. If you think the theory a man posted is the crackpot ramblings of an opiate-addicted science fiction fanatic, then either meet his charge with your own thoughts, work and research or ignore him.

What is pathetic, the worst possible option, is to attack the person, presume his politics, ignore utterly what he's trying to say rather than simply discrediting it rationally.
Beyond that, not even making an attempt to discredit what he's saying!
Then when he finally gets tired of being personally belittled and insulted and gives in to human weakness, lowering himself to match the level of those with whom he was trying to speak, he is spun to be the cause. He is declared the one who went too far, and is utterly shut out.

Simply shameful. Shameful and very childish.

Either debate it, or ignore it. Those are the options of a rational, scientific adult. Everything else is flotsam.

M
OP Offline
M
You are right Andy, I met no reason in this forum. I wish we could have had a pleasant dialog like this:

Futuristic ideas from the "Iranian Einstein"

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I gave serious consideration to deleting your post but after reading it the humor was so good I just had to let it stand.

"Jason said the creation of atomic modules could be considered the biggest revolution of the 21st century and described the innovation by Kamali-Sarvestani as the work of a genius."

ROFLOL!
ROFLOL!
ROFLOL!

DA Morgan
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.