Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 646 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#18924 03/14/07 03:03 AM
K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Is anybody else getting occasional errors with this board?

Let me know,

thanks

Kate #18926 03/14/07 04:15 AM
M
Megastar
Megastar
M
No, no SQL errors - but its possible for a "poster" to recieve errors, if an Administrator/Moderator is viewing the same page at the same time as the page is 'composed on line' in real time.
By writing offline first, and then posting...is always error free

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Mike. So that's the trick. However it's often most convenient to write it straight on. Many times when submitting a post it shows "cannot display this page". Posting again shows it's already there. Hence the double posts, I presume.

sometimes when I change threads it just shows random numbers and letters. Not knowing anything about computers I don't know what causes that.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I get errors from time to time but they are PHP errors ... not SQL errors.

DA Morgan
Kate #18943 03/14/07 05:15 PM
R
Megastar
Megastar
R
I don't know if the errors I get are SQL, PHP or XYZ, but very often after submitting a post I wind up at the Forum List. I return to the topic, sometimes to find the post entered and sometimes not.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Kate ... how about advice as to how to forward errors to you?

DA Morgan
D
D
Hi Kate,

I get the occasional error, but have ignored the content. If any popup I will capture the text and forward it to you.

Good luck with that bug hunt!

Dr. R.

T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Redewenur wrote:

"I don't know if the errors I get are SQL, PHP or XYZ"

I don't even know what the letters stand for. Even HTML and UBB. What's that?

B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Every time I have start a new thread I cannot view it and neither can anyone else. A recent thread took three attempts and there were then two unviewable redundant threads.

Even when I write off line, I still often get told there is a problem and yet the post is usually there.

I think things seem to have improved - the board seemed very buggy and unstable at first. Not so bad now. The new features are very welcome and worth the teething problems.

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
SQL ... Structured Query Language, the language used in most databases for DDL, DCL, and DML (hope that helped).

PHP ... Originally "Personal HomePage tools, a language used to write web applications.

XYZ ... Xenon breathing Yellow Zebra, a relative of the invisible purple rhinoceros.

DA Morgan
K
Kate Offline OP
OP Offline
K
Thanks for the feedback everyone. We're running the same software elsewhere and it's fine, so we think it's the hosting environment. Do please PM me if you get errors so we can sort it out.

M
Megastar
Megastar
M
Originally Posted By: terrytnewzealand
Mike. So that's the trick. However it's often most convenient to write it straight on..............
sometimes when I change threads it just shows random numbers and letters. Not knowing anything about computers I don't know what causes that.

No trick, I agree with you, I mostly write on line as well. But, my typing is poor, so if I need to write more than a paragraph, I usually write somewhere else and 'Grab and Post' into the Forum, using simple 'Notepad' (of all programs, Hehehe)

But I do get SQL errors on my website...mostly caused by lack of memory (which I find strange as I have 2meg) or getting syntax wrong (like typo errors)

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
SQL errors can have nothing to do with your lack of memory, personal or computer. All SQL executes on the back-end database which I suspect is MySQL.

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.