Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 274 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
I have been thinking about fusion for many years. Having a bottle of hot matter would be fascinating. With a early clean start from Ms. Amasa S. Bishop's book, Project Sherwood, my privately nursed thinking led to a configuration of electric and magnetic fields where a central magnetic hoop is electrical ground, The smallest in bore and most highly magnetized. Before and after the central hoop coaxially and co linearly is a row of hoops that are progressively larger (Possibly not by much), weaker, and more highly positively charged. The plasma is allowed to become positively charged because electrons waste energy and are not involved in nuclear reactions. The nuclear particals are confined because they can't escape axially because of the electric field and can't escape radially because of the magnetic field. The magnetic field is curved in an extra stable shape. The plasma may be heated by compression in the fields, injection of energetic particals, electrical induction and lasers. The magnets can be powered by individual generator armatures on a ceramic shaft if the confinement voltage is too high for a transformer. With the diode array recycling heat, energy is not lost. Diode arrays are probably a more useful general energy source. Fusion is not well funded. I am 56, adult discussion rules apply.

Aloha, Charlie

too above corrected from to in edit.

R
R
What does adult discussion rules apply mean?

Quantum Mechanics is a crashing Bohr.
C
OP Offline
C
I thought it was very perceptive for people considering the experiments with magnets to find out by asking that the topic starter was a seventeen year old high school student and write accordingly. I used the phrase adult discussion rules apply and volunteered my age to help people address the topic using the point of view that my proposed configuration was a result of pure long term thought. I want discussion to focus on the potental utility of the configuration in the context that diode arrays will recycle any heat so the energy used by the machine is recovered.

Aloha, charlie

R
R
What would the efficiency of the diode arrays realistically be? Thermodynamics seems to rule out the exciting prospect of perpetual energy conservation...

Quantum Mechanics is a crashing Bohr.
C
OP Offline
C
The efficiency of the diodes is unknown so I use 50%. The upper limit on the used bandwidth is ~ 1 THz @ 20 C resulting in a yield of ~1 nanowatt / diode. I've gotten used to walking around the Second Law Of Thermodynamics. Please have further talk about the diode array or walking around the Second Law Of Thermodynamics in the diode array topic.

Aloha, Charlie

C
OP Offline
C
I now have a copy of Project Sherwood for mutual reference.

Aloha, Charlie

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.