Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 388 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#17565 01/04/07 05:46 PM
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Cops baffled by mystery object that crashed into home FREEHOLD TOWNSHIP, New Jersey (AP) -- Authorities were trying to identify a mysterious metallic object that crashed through the roof of a house in eastern New Jersey. Nobody was injured when the golf ball-sized object, weighing nearly as much as a can of soup, struck the home and embedded itself in a wall Tuesday night. Federal officials sent to the scene said it was not from an aircraft. The rough-surfaced object, with a metallic glint, was displayed Wednesday by police. "There's some great interest in what we have here," said Lt. Robert Brightman. "It's rather unusual. I haven't seen anything like it in my career." He said he hoped to have the object identified within 72 hours, but declined to name the other agencies whose help he has enlisted. For the full story: Click Here Take a look at the picture ... and speculate on its origin.

DA Morgan
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
I'm pretty sure that at last we have evidence for the invisible purple rhinoceros, or at least its excrement.

P
P
Latest word from those with access is "nickel-iron meteorite".
From the inadequate photos provided, it had a distinctly odd
'angular` look for a supposedly natural objet though.

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
Given the, by definition, infinite variety of shapes in of which nickel-iron meteorites can come anything is possible.

That said ... my first thought was that it was a piece of space junk lofted over our heads by some government agency.

What persuades me that it is a meteorite is primarily the fact that it still belongs to the people whose house was damaged.

DA Morgan

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.