Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Canuck wrote:
"So you have no source to back up your statement that oceans are losing their ability to absorb CO2."

That is not what I wrote. What I wrote was that you are being lazy and I'm not your mother. If you were truly interested you would do the research ... you are not.

DA Morgan
Morgan wrote "That is not what I wrote. What I wrote was that you are being lazy and I'm not your mother. If you were truly interested you would do the research ... you are not. "

So people are only required to provide a link supporting their claims, when you disagree with their claim?

Sorry Morgan - you can't sit there and say RicS has no credibility when he doesn't provide links, then turn around make some outlandish statement, say "research it yourself" and expect to be taken seriously.

Post deleted by Amaranth Rose II

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Canuck wrote:
"So people are only required to provide a link supporting their claims, when you disagree with their claim?"

I have provided the links ... you didn't read them.

Again I am not your mother. Stop begin lazy. And read what has been provided.

If you can't figure that out then don't respond because I most certainly won't waste further time on someone dedicated to ignorance.

DA Morgan
Honestly Morgan - your postings are starting to border on pathological.

A review
-I questioned how we will add 300 ppm of CO2 to the atmosphere, using the same amount of fossil fuels that we've used to add 100 ppm.

-You responded that the oceans will reach saturation, and will no longer buffer atmospheric CO2. Your exact quote was
"But add more than that amount and the water becomes acidic decreasing the effectiveness of the uptake mechanism. This is what we are seeing." You also conviently ignored the fact that the oceans have absorbed only half of our emissions, while we went through half of our fossil fuels. From this somebody could logically conclude that if the oceans ceased absorbing tomorrow, and we consumed the remaining half of our fossil fuels, we'd see a 200 ppm increase (not a 300 or 600 ppm).

-I asked you for a reference to a study that actually looked at reductions in the oceans capability to absorb CO2.

-You responded with links (one to the bbc), that were concerned with the link between atmospheric CO2 and acidification. In the provided links there was NOTHING on oceans losing their ability to absorb CO2.

-When challenged that quotes in your provided links, say themselves, that ocean CO2 absorption will not stop - you do a 180, and state that absorption will not stop.

-I then ask you for a study that has quantified the extent of the reduction in the oceans CO2 absorption rate (since you did state "this is what we are seeing")

-You fire back, that I need to go to a library, and call me lazy

-You then state that you've already provided links that have quantified the extent of the reduction in the oceans CO2 absorption rate.

Just admit that statement you made was untrue......

B
B
Yes how true hippies, tree huggers and save the whale type people have influenced the average voter, so even polititions are saying they believe in it, when your voters seem to, it could as un pc as inviting a Japenese whaleing expedition into your countrys waters.

Becasue it has to do with the enviroment...when the evidence is very weak.

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.