Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
An international team of over 2,000 scientists, led by Professor Tejinder Virdee from Imperial College London's Department of Physics is stepping up preparations for the world's largest ever physics experiment, starting next year at CERN near Geneva, Switzerland. The CMS experiment has so far involved thousands of scientists and engineers working for 15 years to design and build the massive particle detector, which is currently being lowered ? huge bit by huge bit - into a chamber 100 metres below the French town of Cessy, near the Swiss border. Next year, CERN's Large Hadron Collider particle accelerator will be switched on for the first time, accelerating beams of particles around a 27km circular tunnel underneath the Swiss/French countryside. These particles then collide with each other ? with higher energies than in any experiment ever before ? at the precise location where the particles are passing through the CMS detector. The complete story: Click Here

Last edited by DA Morgan; 12/17/06 09:09 PM.

DA Morgan
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Anice thing DA.

I know you are a Moderator now an filling up the airways
with your selective wisdom.

My question, possibly for Kate, is why the pages show like zero replys and 13 comments. How do we see those comments? are they real or some number generator meanin nothing?
please?

D
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
D
I've no idea. Perhaps it is an artifact of the new software.

I would certainly like to see more replies and a larger community. Perhaps, with time, we can attract that without it just being anti-science trolls.

DA Morgan
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
jjw. You asked:

"My question, possibly for Kate, is why the pages show like zero replys and 13 comments."

I see the columns as "replies" and "views". I presume this is a record of how many times someone has actually looked at the posting.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.