Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
C
C

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Nice one Count Iblis: Real science. I expect dehammer will choke on it.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
why

Quote:
The earlier versions (HadCRUT2 and CRUTEM2 and their variance adjusted versions) can be found here. They are no longer being updated.

notice the word "adjusted". in order to get that kind of chart they have to adjust the old data. why do they have to keep adjusting data.

also note that the largest number of stations they use are from urban areas. which means areas that are have considerably amount of urban warming involved.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
I am an outsider but impressed:

The Count waves a word and DA Morgan feels supreme over DEH. Looks good to me.

How could DA, who very likely did not read the entire link the Count offered, decide so quickly that his science was served?
jjw

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer asks:
"notice the word "adjusted". in order to get that kind of chart they have to adjust the old data. why do they have to keep adjusting data."

Because in some cases we have shown a consistent error that we can correct.

jjw: I read several hundred pages a day. Not even close to what Thomas Jefferson used to do even while he was President of the US.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
the thing is da, is that only use those adjustments for older data, and are constantly adjusting them. otherwise the data does not show the effects they want.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"http://www.deh.gov.au/events/iydd/"

To quote Bart Simpson: Duh!

We learn more with time ... not less.
Our measurements become more accurate and precise.

For you to build a grand conspiracy out of it and proclaim that it all adds up to the fact that the Arctic, Antarctic, and Greenland are not melting is preposterous on its face.

PS: Scientists also adjust older earthquake data. Does that mean the current data is not trustworthy?

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
dehammer wrote:
"http://www.deh.gov.au/events/iydd/"

To quote Bart Simpson: Duh!
????????????????

what in the world is that. i did not write that. so did i suppose to link it at. ive never seen that link before.

now your making things up.

that is about "International Year of Deserts and Desertification", something that i had not even heard of it until you claimed i linked to it.

Quote:
Originally posted by DA Morgan:
We learn more with time ... not less.
Our measurements become more accurate and precise.

For you to build a grand conspiracy out of it and proclaim that it all adds up to the fact that the Arctic, Antarctic, and Greenland are not melting is preposterous on its face.

PS: Scientists also adjust older earthquake data. Does that mean the current data is not trustworthy?
the measurements were there, and needed no adjustments. now they claim that they were showing the temperature to be too warm, yet they dont explain why they have to keep dropping those temperatures, on a continual bases. What was there more urban heating then than there is now? how were the sea temperatures readings so much higher than they were suppose to have been? there certainly was no urban heating in areas the sea covered. so why do they have to be adjusted.

also averaging is not a good scientific method for the very reason that they listed as reason for doing so.

1) the older records did not show a lot of southern results, now they do.

2) much of the older data was from northern hemisphere, and mostly in cities. That puts it mostly with u.s., england and other areas many of which were in colder regions, making the major contribution. later data used more from the equatorial areas and southern area. so of course they will be warmer.

3) can someone please explain why this looks so much like the much discredited Mann hockey stick graphs, yet is suppose to be taken seriously.

RicS Offline OP
OP Offline
G'day,

Actually, climate temperatures do not get more accurate and precise with time. I cannot attribute this comment because it was in a private message but it does relate to data sets and by an expert in the field. I also happen to agree with the comments from my own research but from that point on we differ greatly. The person making the comment does not believe they are all that significant overall. I disagree.

"All this is trying to get the best absolute measure of monthly mean temperature ... Sadly, all these efforts have been a complete waste of time for climate purposes. They often stem from a new director of a Met Service, who reads a paper and sees a better method, so gets the service to switch to this, generally without overlap measurements. Many of the inhomogeneities in long temperature series result from changes in methods used by Met Services. Many are difficult to spot as often the method was changed overnight at all places within a country.

The climate network is collected for weather purposes. Changes get made for more accurate averages, automation, whatever. Hopefully in future, the continuity of the long-term record will be considered before any more changes are made."

Current weather station data is still not being collected in any better way overall. There are still vast differences, so the data is not getting better or more accurate, unless you switch to satellites or balloon data.

Further, the data that has been recorded previously often is not available in any form other than monthly averages, so it does not matter how much technology advances, the data remains just as defective as when it might have been taken 40 or 60 years ago.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer wrote:
"what in the world is that. i did not write that."

Sometimes Ctrl-C Ctrl-V doesn't work as expected.

But then you really don't care so ... end of my participation in the thread. Last word is yours.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
either show me where i posted that or admit your wrong.

not posting will be admission that you deliberately created that.

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.