Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 619 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
C
OP Offline
C
$50 B is a small part of the world's weekly circulation. I'm inclined to let people keep their money but inspire them to spend it in new ways or relieve themselves of some toil. I want to keep thinking rather than absorb money. If thermal entropy is invalid than social, economic, regulatory, and psychological entropy (a need for disparity) becomes suspect. Civilization then doesn't fundamentally need centralized power. If / when the diode array works many people will think this way and a lot of relief and inspiration will be shared. For example, emergence management may make virtual large projects like gigawatts of water redistribution for coherent purposes like accommodating fish spawns and coordinating regional irrigation out of thousands of adaptable megawatt scale pumping and routing stations.

Aloha, Charlie

E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown:
$50 B is a small part of the world's weekly circulation.
If you are left with some change unspent, I am willing to help you out

e laugh s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I mind not the enthu because it drives the next.
You success will make us proud but it is our duty to tell you ..that you must give all the details before anyone takes you seriously...
($50B circulates on among G8 so they will be right customers.)
How do you express humour and wisdom?

C
OP Offline
C
Little money will fountain up to me. After the breakout (if any), a lot of groups will rush to applications. Let's communicate a lot to forestall potential application patents by establishing craft practice which is not patentable and descriptive writing which renders the material described unpatentable. Let's avoid a swamp of lawyers while there is still hope.

Aloha, Charlie

C
OP Offline
C
Details will be determined by process engineers working with nanofabrication machines. That is what the $50k is for. The money needs to get to Mike the nanofab coordinator. The concept is to sprinkle C60 or C84 buckyballs on N type InSb embed and metalize.

Aloha, Charlie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which Idea is patentable?
The questions may sound strange but are deeply connected with the concept of "me-first"....
Me-First principle says that because I am the first person to invent such an idea , I deserve to be profitted from it ...
The criteria to judge whether an idea is patentable or not...If the idea sounds like an miracle then most probably it is not .. (Even Einstiens Idea was not patentable)
If idea sounds practical and is capable to doing which is already being done with improvements then probably it is patentable...

C
OP Offline
C
Flashlights, table lamps, radios, watches, small stoves, small refrigerators, air condtioners, fans, pumps, electric tillers, sodering irons, vacuum cleaners, boat outboard motors, food dehydrators, TVs, video cameras, computers will / should seep into poorer countries without a power grid and work for a long time.

Aloha, Charlie

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ok sir...
We need your gift ..pls make it fast.
With best wishes
Dheeraj

C
OP Offline
C
I, with a patent lawyer wrote US pat 3,890,161 DIODE ARRAY in 1973 it was granted in 1975, it became public property in 1992. It was based on metal / insulator / metal diodes with at least one element electroplated into small straight pores in several topologies. New materials were made allowable so this basic patent covers the concept well and keeps similar devices from being patented. I want my name known but do not want particular control of the manufacture. The business is too big for a single person. The obvious applications like the flashlights... above should be widely available to people. There is a movement to formalize this attitude called the creative commons. http://peswiki.com/index.php/OS:CBC:Main_Page I have recently presented this concept to a lawyer, Lawrence Lessig, http://www.lessig.org/ who wants more openness in society.

Aloha, Charlie

C
OP Offline
C
The obscure feasibility checking prototype worked; the buckyball on semiconductor concept offers great improvement; there is an intense need for diode array based products. I'm stuck.

Aloha, Charlie

C
OP Offline
C
Someone at another website asked for this further elaboration of general interest:

In reverse bias the mobile charge carriers are attracted to the applied voltage behind them on the same side widening the depletion region which has very few mobile carriers and has embedded ions of the same polarity as the applied voltage on the same side behind them. The depletion region stratifies by the junction.

The depletion region looks to me like a bladder dam in a tidal channel which deflates when water flows one way letting water spill over and inflates blocking the flow when water flows the other way. The control can be a property of the flow itself so no one has to watch (requiring self defeating external energy, often as light, an obstacle erected by people who don't believe in passive sorting) like a pipe draining the bladder dam on the side downstream when the water should flow / the same pipe upstream, inflating the bladder dam, when the water should be restricted. Alternately, the dam can be more flaplike and lean into the higher water to be blocked.

In the diode array, the applied voltage / output voltage is shared by all and is reverse bias when not shorted out. Mobile charge carriers (electrons in N type material) in individual diodes can move forwards in spite of the reverse bias and ease themselves into flow (also
contributing to the reverse bias) or move in reverse, cutting themselves off with an expanding depletion region.

I anticipate the output voltage to be low with an open circiut of ~0.1 volts because that is the energy of room temperature infrared photons. 0.05 volts would be the voltage for maximum output.

Aloha, Charlie

C
OP Offline
C
Originally posted as: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/free_energy/message/17413

{Hypothetically} A small radio, PDA, or light could be powered by a diode array containing 100 million diodes in 100 sub assemblies in series each containing 1 million diodes in parallel. It would operate at 5 volts, produce 100 milliwatts, and feed 20 milliamperes through a 250 ohm load. The array area of the chip would be 1 / 1000 cm2, ~0.32 mm square. Voltage stabilizing circuitry may be added. The noise voltage of a 250 ohm load producing a full 4 nanowatts of noisepower,noise up to ~1 Thz (easy for the diodes, hard for the load), is 1 millivolt A.C..

Aloha, Charlie

E
E
Charlie, get real wink

There is nothing there. May be a thermocouple.
Just take the $50 billions, and run away.

e cool s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Charlie, there's one thing I don't understand. (Well, ok, maybe two things wink ). The theory looks very good. I believe it may be correct, but it's out on the edge where it isn't obvious that we couldn't be mistaken. Therefore, all the proof is in the pudding. Now, you did a sort-of-prototype and it proved the concept. At least, so you say. (If I was an investor, I'd want to pour over those results).

I have followed your writings over the past year or two. You seem to be trying to explain it or show that the theory is correct. I think you should be beyond that. No amount of theory at this point is going to prove anything. A true prototype which works is what you need, and IMHO, the only thing you should direct efforts toward now.

Assuming you have indeed been doing this, why haven't you found anybody to risk the $50K yet? From what I can see, anyone who had that kind of money to play with would be a fool not to risk the chance.

So here's my question (or two): How many people with that kind of money, ie, potential investors, have you talked to? And if any, what was their reason for backing out? (And if not any, why not?).

C
OP Offline
C
Business isn't my forte. I turned off a Harvard MBA guy who wanted 20% and a laywer who drew up incorperation papers for Extropic Technologies Inc. in ~1980. I expect the diode array to quickly become a commodity in great demand. I also expect the diode array to be an extremely durable good where newer chips won't displace older chips easily. I don't want to find tricky ways to build mark ups, margins, or profits beyond a well justifiable amount. I want to transcend the common ruthless grab under the trained smile. Trendy fad uses are OK short of weird changes in future parenthood patterns or shortsighted medical uses. I am faulted for being in paradise land on Kauai instead of some business hot spot. A proactive web collaboration under a tight team under a close partnership of proper pyramidal slope (shallow) and size(wide) is needed as soon as possible. The past spell of days at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/free_energy/ has been valuable. Many people there are strongly attached to the Second Law of Thermodynamics. Would it be proper to set up lots of small bets where diode array developers would collect a long odds reward if a prototype worked conclusively? A geometrically growing network of supporters has to be grown. Who has leads?

Aloha, Charlie

E
E
Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie Brown:
Many people are strongly attached to the Second Law of Thermodynamics.
Charlie,

If it is you against Second Law of Thermodynamics, you are going to lose every time.

Take it easy,

ES

C
OP Offline
C
Yes, I want to nanofab something full of small parts that dance with kTB around the Second Law. I have to find the rare people that will help. 2LT worship wasn't the MBA or lawyer's issue.

Aloha, Charlie

P
P
Charlie, do you have something else beyond the advertising? Some schematics, designs with some details, at the very least a model of one of your diodes? because as ES said, this sounds more and more like a thermocouple or a Peltier device.

C
OP Offline
C
The schematic symbol for a diode is "v" with a cathode bar under it. Many diodes in consistent alignment parallel are v v v v v v with a wire connection line above and below. For a model think of dropping olives on a pizza which sink through the paste to the crust. The paste represents an insulator to prevent bypassing the diodes; the crust represents N type InSb . Very minimal. I could have described it speaking on a phone to MOSIS, a chip a chip prototyper but they didn't let me try.

If each diode handles ~ 4 nanowatts, a thermal noise power of kTB watts, it can have these properties:
100 millivolts / 40 nanoamperes / 2.5 meg ohms
320 millivolts / 12.8 nanoamperes / 25 meg ohms
1 volt / 4 nanoamperes / 250 meg ohms
3.2 volts / 1.28 nanoamperes / 2. 5 giga ohms

If a diode has a simplified, illustrative forward current of 12.8 nanoamperes half the time and a reverse current of 1.28 nanoamperes half the time, voltage referenced between the edge of
the depletion zone and the anode, which are two reasonable operating conditions, the forward current should predominate. There is a full
time illustrative net current of 5.8 nanoamperes.

InSb has a low band gap. N type InSb has extremely high electron mobility. These characteristics mean that the material can be N type doped into high conductivity and a low reverse breakdown voltage.

I'm looking for allies.

Aloha, Charlie

P
P
OK Charlie, you say you are looking at allies. for the time being I am not sure I am an ally or an enemy, since I don't know more details about the substance of your claims.

I worked with diodes, mostly with PSPD's (position sensitive photodetectors) if that means anything to you, so let's drop the pizza and olive picture and get to the point.

What is the phenomenon you claim it is at the basis of your claims? InSb and GaAs have been extensively studied, so I am very curious to see your ideea. So what is the model (physical model I mean) on which your application is based? Up to this moment you have only described generalities about semiconductor diodes.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.