Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 352 guests, and 0 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#15325 09/29/06 09:14 PM
That answers the question I asked, somewhere in these many threads, "Why would someone choose to debate a subject about which he knows nothing?"

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#15326 09/29/06 10:28 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
And more importantly, when confronted with evidence of ignorance, makes a conscious decision to maintain that ignorance rather than step from the darkness into the light.

Well there you go.

DA Morgan
#15327 09/30/06 08:30 AM
O
O
Quote:
Originally posted by TheFallibleFiend:
"Civility is not reached by punching back while waiting for the other to extend a hand in kindness."

I expect you to give the same lecture to him. I've tried to be friendly. In general I *am* friendly and civil - not because trilobyte deserves it, but because that's the sort of person I am.

Trilobyte wants the right to be obnoxious with impunity, and my response is purely disgressionary on my part - though I recognize (and have no choice but to do so) the right of the moderators to modify or delete my posts.
Indeed my comments have been, and are, for both sides of this argument. But it is the greater endeavor that resists temptation with kindness.

Daniel 4
Therefore, O king, be pleased to accept my advice: Renounce your sins by doing what is right, and your wickedness by being kind to the oppressed. It may be that then your prosperity will continue.

Proverbs 11
A kind man benefits himself, but a cruel man brings trouble on himself.

1 Thessalonians 5
Hold them all in the highest regard in love because of their work. Live in peace with each other. And we urge you, brothers, warn those who are idle, encourage the timid, help the weak, be patient with everyone. Make sure that nobody pays back wrong for wrong, but always try to be kind to each other and to everyone else.

"It is better to believe than to disbelieve. In so doing, you bring everything to the realm of possibility." - Albert Einstein, physicist
#15328 09/30/06 05:30 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
OGGOB this may come as a shock to you but this is a science forum.

If you wish to quote religious scripture why don't you quote from the Q'ran and Bhagavad-gita.

However as long as you like biblical quotes here's one for you.

Genesis 19:8
" Behold now, I have two daughters which have not known man; let me, I pray you, bring them out unto you, and do ye to them as is good in your eyes: only unto these men do nothing; for therefore came they under the shadow of my roof."

Perhaps you can explain why you trust in a book that considers it good to give virgins to a mob to be raped.

DA Morgan
#15329 10/01/06 11:42 AM
T
OP Offline
T
DA Morgan,
Why don't you try to understand the context of the event. You know, who was inside of the house, who the people outside of the house were...what the demands of hospitality towards one guest called for, etc... before you open your mouth and continue to look even more foolish.

#15330 10/01/06 06:57 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I understand perfectly well the context.

Are you saying that the definition of what is moral changed? What was good then is now evil? That ethics are situational? That perhaps next year the political climate will once again make it permissible to rape virgins?

Well at least we now know where you stand on the matter and I do feel so foolish. ROFLOL!

DA Morgan
#15331 10/02/06 12:17 AM
T
OP Offline
T
...where does it say they would RAPE the virgins? Tell me Morg, why do you feel the need to ad to the text?

Are you that insecure?

Then again you seemed to lie when you claimed you understand the context....why is that? Do you thrive on lying?

Your foolishness level is increasing rapidly.

#15332 10/02/06 07:40 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Trilobyte now asks:
"...where does it say they would RAPE the virgins?"

When hours before he wrote:
"Why don't you try to understand the context of the event."

Which is it? Your statements can not be reconciled. How does the petard feel?

(the last was a reference to Shakespeare's Hamlet I hope all will recognize). ROFLOL!

DA Morgan
#15333 10/08/06 05:13 PM
T
OP Offline
T
Bumped for DA Morgan to answer the question.

#15334 10/09/06 04:09 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Which question?

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.