Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 632 guests, and 1 robot.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#15271 09/11/06 08:24 AM
T
Megastar
OP Offline
Megastar
T
Hi everyone,

If you want a fright read this:

Telegraph | News | Evangelicals urge museum to hide man's ancestorsPowerful evangelical churches are pressing Kenya's national museum to sideline its ... Bishop Adoyo said all the country's churches would unite to force the ...

Good old Al Jazeera

http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/635B6456-4686-4C0B-B0B8-15F47C2FE458.htm

#15272 09/11/06 01:13 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
like the man said, if children see that they might start thinking and asking question that the church does not want answered. They cant answer them because they dont want to see the evidence. no only do they not want to see it with their eyes, but they dont want children to see it.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
#15273 09/12/06 09:25 PM
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Quote:
Originally posted by dehammer:
like the man said, if children see that they might start thinking and asking question that the church does not want answered. They cant answer them because they dont want to see the evidence. no only do they not want to see it with their eyes, but they dont want children to see it.
'The Church'?

Dehammer, you may want to avoid talking in generalisations. There are many in Christianity who calmly accept that science makes a convincing case for evolution. They are probably not on your radar for the precise reason that only Creationists want to shout out and make a fuss about it. The Vatican, for instance, has no issue with evolution.

An unrelated point...

I notice that you seem to have an opinion on every subject under the sun, and very little makes any sense or is worth reading. I don't feel as if I have learnt much from reading your hundreds of posts and you seem to spoil for an argument.

Can you possibly limit your posts to subjects you actually have some knowledge of? Alternatively back up what you say with accepted facts more often or join a philosophy forum where you can spout unsubstantiated opinions until the cows come home.

I am really tired of you monopolizing thread after thread on this forum.

Sorry if you feel insulted but I have finally lost my patience with you.

Blacknad.

#15274 09/12/06 11:22 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
If i were spoiling for a fight and though i knew everything, youd see me post on every single thread. If you look around, youd see many that I ignore, because when it comes to that subject, I am rather ignorant. I dont feel like shouting that ignoreance, so when i dont know about something, i just read about it.

From many of the things ive read, most of the church leaders (there are exceptions to every rule, and this in only a generations at that) seem to follow the bible against the teaching of science. The vatican itself may not have said anything exactly about it yet, but from some of the things ive been reading, it appears they are going to come down soon, on one side or the other, and i have little doubt (imho) which way. On the other hand, many of the leaders just below the vatican level have already stated their opinions and its not for science.

#15275 09/13/06 12:15 AM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Hi dehammer:

I am retired and I doubt that I have the time available to me to duplicate the quantity of words that you post/reply on this forum.

I say this because:
"If i were spoiling for a fight and though i knew everything, youd see me post on every single thread. If you look around, youd see many that I ignore, because when it comes to that subject, I am rather ignorant. I dont feel like shouting that ignoreance, so when i dont know about something, i just read about it."

This is not a put down. It is my way of looking at facts.
jjw

#15276 09/13/06 03:08 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Im disabled with limited ability to get out much, so i do talk a bit on forums. This is the first time ive ever had anyone say i posted too much.

the things about me backing up what i say, is that many times what i use to back it up is ignored which makes it tiresome to try to explain again and again that it does not matter who owns the site, it matters if the person posting it knows.

An example is when i posted a link to a site that a professor in the field of climotology was disputing the way a model was made that was used by gwa to prove global warming, no one wanted to discuss his problems with that model, no one wanted to discuss his theories. they simply stated that it was not worth reading because the poeple that owned the site were the wrong political party. If no one bothers to discuss the links i provide, why should i provide them.

#15277 09/13/06 07:55 AM
R
R
Blacknad:
"'The Church'?

Dehammer, you may want to avoid talking in generalisations. There are many in Christianity who calmly accept that science makes a convincing case for evolution. They are probably not on your radar for the precise reason that only Creationists want to shout out and make a fuss about it. The Vatican, for instance, has no issue with evolution."

I am sorry, Blacknad, but your post was not at all convincing. Please review the topic called "In Evolution we don't trust" on the main site.

It is true that Vatican apparently has no issues with Evolution, but, considering the history of the institution, I'm skeptical that they allow Evolution without any hard feelings at all.

For those that are religious, but do support evolution (like you too have stated), all my good wishes. I respect your belief in God, even if I don't share it, and I respect your open-mindness. But you are few, very few. For the others, sorry...

#15278 09/16/06 10:36 PM
J
jjw Offline
Superstar
Superstar
J
Hi dehammer:

It was not my intention to say, nor is it my place to say, that you post "too much". My comment was just an unnecessary observation.
jjw

#15279 09/17/06 02:58 AM
T
T
I don't think there are any question "that the church does not want answered".

#15280 09/18/06 05:28 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Of course the church wants questions answered. The problem is that they just make up the answers. What they don't want is people approaching the subject without a clear understanding of what the answer is going to be.

God said it. I believe it. That settles it.

It's pretty clear that this is the mentality that dehammer was addressing - and rightly so. The various churches - not all of them, but some of the louder ones - say, "Look at this issue and by the way, here are your answers."

#15281 09/18/06 08:34 PM
T
T
TheFallibleFiend,
Kinda like you evos claiming mutations add up over time?

#15282 09/18/06 08:36 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
No. More like creationists who pretend to do research, because they are too intellectually dishonest and lazy to do the real thing.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.