Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
#15254 10/09/06 04:33 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
What's wrong TB? Not even a high school diploma you can point to?

DA Morgan
#15255 10/09/06 10:40 PM
T
OP Offline
T
WHERE IS THE MODERATOR?

How long will you allow these ad-hom attack occur?

I have presented scientific data and objections, asked several questions and all the evos do is run and sling mud.

Of course I suppose I should have expected that from them.

#15256 10/10/06 12:46 AM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Since when is it an insult to be young? Since when is it an insult to not yet be a high school graduate?

So long as you continue to act like an adolescent, "evos", "evolutionISM", etc. it seems rather appropriate to respond to you in an age-appropriate manner.

I would think you would be more insulted if you were treated as something you are not.

DA Morgan
#15257 10/10/06 12:48 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Trilobyte,

You are a liar. That's not ad hominem. That's a fact. You are the one who rejects information published in actual science journals. You are the one who hasn't done an honest day's homework on the subject. You are the one who hasn't presented any actual scientific data and objections.

You didn't just "ask questions." What you did was attempt to inflame by being obnoxious.

#15258 10/10/06 01:29 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trilobyte:
Let him who is without sin cast the first stone. You come here insultingly referring to people as "evo-babblers" and expect me to take the rest of the forum to task for pointing out your shortcomings? Take the beam from your own eye before you complain about the speck in another's. When you show some respect for the people here I'll chide them for their responses to your insults.

Amaranth Rose

#15259 10/10/06 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by trilobyte:
WHERE IS THE MODERATOR?

How long will you allow these ad-hom attack occur?

I have presented scientific data and objections, asked several questions and all the evos do is run and sling mud.

Of course I suppose I should have expected that from them.
Ad-hom attacks? Pointing out that you don't know anything about the subject you want to discuss is hardly an ad-hominem attack.

You've presented no scientific data, you presented a "probability" that was based on almost no information at all. You mock scientific information from accredited universities in favor of that from websites run by the lunatic fringe. You insist you can't understand one of the simplest concepts in biology -- mutations adding up -- and blame everyone else for you willful ignorance. NOW you have the nerve to demand protection from moderators because you're being unfairly attacked.

Do you think everyone here was born yesterday? Do you think a single person has been swayed by your arguments, *facts* and methods? I guess you must figure that everyone's an idiot but you.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#15260 10/10/06 03:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
trilobyte:
How long are you going to persist in your rude and negative behavior? You are insulting to everyone on this board, I don't see them complaining to the moderator. If you can't take the heat, stay out of the kitchen. Until you stop your insulting, childish behavior don't come to me whining about non-existent ad-hominem attacks.

Amaranth Rose

#15261 10/10/06 03:56 AM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Trilobyte. Could you nominate a website we can go to and question people with similar beliefs to your own? Any site I have found doesn't allow any questioning of statements made. Are you guys too frightened to let opposing views in?

#15262 10/12/06 03:01 PM
T
Megastar
Megastar
T
Out of curiosity, does anyone else get the impression that these guys are moving as a pack?
That perhaps they are in the same church or religious forum?

#15263 10/12/06 05:29 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Not only that I think that in some cases it is the same person coming back with a different nome d'plume.

Note how when one goes away another appears as if on schedule. And sometimes when that one goes away the original returns.

DA Morgan
#15264 10/12/06 06:11 PM
Absolutely. I've seen it on other discussion boards.

I've more often seen what DA is talking about, but they don't necessarily do a tag team thing. Some creationists like to bring an entourage of sock puppets to cheer them on.

I can't say that is the case for Trilobyte, however.

When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
--S. Lewis
#15265 10/12/06 08:02 PM
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I run most of these trolls writings through a spelling/grammar check software that also outputs a score as to the education level of those posting.

Trilobyte's writings mark him as early high-school whereas others such as anyman are adults.

I have personal opinions as to which of the sock-puppets are the self-created cheering sections for some here but I'll not post them.

DA Morgan
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.