Welcome to
Science a GoGo's
Discussion Forums
Please keep your postings on-topic or they will be moved to a galaxy far, far away.
Your use of this forum indicates your agreement to our terms of use.
So that we remain spam-free, please note that all posts by new users are moderated.

The Forums
General Science Talk        Not-Quite-Science        Climate Change Discussion        Physics Forum        Science Fiction

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 181 guests, and 2 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Posts
Top Posters(30 Days)
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#14813 08/17/06 08:55 PM
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Which of these describes the world that we are in?

Creationism or Evolutionism
single choice
Votes accepted starting: 01/01/70 12:00 AM
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
The correct answer is none of the above.

Your choices are equivalent to:

Which for of govenment do you think is best?
( ) Maoist-Communist dictatorship
( ) Stalinist-Communist dictatorship
( ) 1939-style Nazi dictatorship
( ) Theocratic rule by a Shia Imam.

You are truly pathetic and the sum total of your accomplishments when you finally leave this forum, and you will just like Trident before you and all the other trolls is be disruptive and waste people's time. No doubt the true calling for holy warriors.

But I do find it interesting that you ignored the questions I posed to you? What's wrong? Can't handle a question that wasn't spoon fed to you by your cult?

DA Morgan
J
J
In your opinion, DA, what options are missing from the poll? I don't want to hear "none of the above". How do you consider the universe to have been created? Does anyone else know of any other missing options in this poll?

John M Reynolds

T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
So, DA, what choice did you think I left out? I'll be glad to put another choice in the pool if you want me to.

J
J
I have never thought I will come up for DA. Tim, how about adding the answer that "we do not know the answer yet but that we know that scientific research, and not religion, gives the best possibility of providing it".

How about: "Creationism is just a postulate that could be wrong".

J
J
Should these posts be moved to either the Origins forum or the not quite science forum?

John M Reynolds

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
The poll is no longer active so I can't view the choices and don't want to try to write them from memory. But here's what I was reacting to.

Not one of the available choices corresponded with the current state of the science thus they were all false choices. In other words ... the correct option would have been:

(*) Other

but it wasn't available.

Tim ... you want to know the choices that are missing. The one accepted by professors who teach and research the topic. Guess there aren't any in your cult.

DA Morgan
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Evolution was one of the choices. So you don't believe in evolution? Cool, I did my job.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
no, you just did not put in enough choises of types of evolutions.

the more man learns, the more he realises, he really does not know anything.
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
dehammer is correct. The one "choice" he had was bogus. No serious scientists believes it.

Integrity, Tim, requires that the choices be choices. You stacked the deck.

DA Morgan
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I'm sorry, guys. Which other choices did you want me to put in, I had creation and evolution

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
We can not longer see the the poll. What was the choice that you thought represented the current state of evolution theory?

I remember seeing and thinking "fraud" and thus my response.

DA Morgan
T
Tim Offline OP
OP Offline
T
The choices were, "Young earth creationism, old earth creationism, intelligent design, theistic evolution, and atheistic evolution."

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
you left off the possibility of scientific evolution. science does not mean atheistic.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
There is no such thing as atheistic evolution. Where did you get this wacko idea?

I know the answer and that is precisely what I urge you to get out and go to a real college.

You are being spoon fed things that ARE NOT TRUE!

DA Morgan
B
Superstar
Superstar
B
Theistic Evolution:

Either an evolutionary process given direction by a Deity, or an evolutionary process that, due to the way a Deity set up the laws of the Universe in the first place, leads to a pre-defined outcome i.e. a sentient creature able to experience moral and spiritual experiences (the cards are stacked to begin with).

Atheistic Evolution:

A definition used by Theists to define evolution as a chance occurence in a chance universe devoid of any design or outside influence.

Dan, you seem to think there is no such thing as Atheistic Evolution but for Theists it is simply a term that allows them to distinguish between the ideas of 'evolution by design' and 'evolution by chance'. Why do you have a problem with the term?

Blacknad.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
Evolution is neither atheistic or theistic. It is at right-angles to whether one believes in or does not believe in a god. There is no point at which they intersect.

One can as easily state that God created evolution as one can state that the two are antithetical. The truth is they are as related as are ice cubes in Hades.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
I have a problem with that because that lumps people from all religion under the christians heading, or in the catagory of believing in no god what so ever. there should be a catagory of non religion connected evolution.

D
Megastar
Megastar
D
All evolution is non-religious. Science and religion only intersect where religion tries to take ownership of that which is not an article of faith.

DA Morgan
D
Megastar
Megastar
D
then it should be a poll of

1) creationism
2) evolutionism
3) just happened.

or some such.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Newest Members
debbieevans, bkhj, jackk, Johnmattison, RacerGT
865 Registered Users
Sponsor

Science a GoGo's Home Page | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Contact UsokÂþ»­¾W
Features | News | Books | Physics | Space | Climate Change | Health | Technology | Natural World

Copyright © 1998 - 2016 Science a GoGo and its licensors. All rights reserved.